Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+3
Thomas
ronwolf1705
Zombie_Plan
7 posters

Who do you think is the best mapper of all time?

Poll

Who do you think is the best mapper of all time?

[ 0 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left0%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left10%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left0%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left30%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left20%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left10%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_left20%Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Empty Who do you think is the best mapper of all time?

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Voting time! Hard decision.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Empty Re: Who do you think is the best mapper of all time?

Post by Dean Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 pm

There's been a lot of VERY good mappers but one total standout for me. Thats who I chose Smile
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Who do you think is the best mapper of all time? Empty Re: Who do you think is the best mapper of all time?

Post by Zombie_Plan Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Too impossible to choose just one mapper, I'm afraid.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:19 am

Gary Ragland.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:25 am

I am, obviously. Really, Really Happy

But it's hard to speak of 'the best mapper', I think it's better to speak in terms of your favourite mapper. And at the moment that's AreyeP. But so many of that list are so great. After working with Dean on Sonder and playing his maps I am definitely convinced he's one of the best. Ack can only make awesome maps it seems. BJ Rowan made Totengraeber, therefore is awesome. Arielus made The Golden Episodes, which is one of the first mods I played and instantly liked.

And I can probably name something for every mapper on that list. But if I have to name a favourite mapper it is definitely AreyeP for me. Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 am

BJ Rowan, Gary Ragland, it's hard to pick a side. I like ack's maps, but it seems it's all about the grey slime and the tricky passages, columns, etc... I'd like to see a plain, square-shaped running-around-the-bunker map... As tedious as it sounds.

But where is Jack Ryerson and Chris on that list?! Shame on you!!!

Not to mention Nathaniel Rudiak-Gould - "Temporary Insanity"confused No one can pull that off. Not to mention Maarten Pinxten. Spearmpixsod or whatever is probably the best Spear map set out there.
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:43 pm

I chose "other" because at least 1/3 of the list is a tie for me.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by Tenamk Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 am

Is Tenamk on that list? xd
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am

Thomas wrote:

But where is Jack Ryerson and Chris on that list?! Shame on you!!!

Who is that?

Anyways, I am suprised to see Schabbs in 1st palce tied with ack! Interesting. I think I might know what you mean by "a running around the bunker level".
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Wow a whole total 8 votes, this certainly isn't a very definitive result!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:49 pm