Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper Empty Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper

Post by doomjedi Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm

"Team RayCast" has been on a modding halt for quite some time now (since February 2017 I'd say) with next mod development paused (my recent BoA involvement has some part in it, but is not the main reason by far, just totally legit personal life issues of one core team member who is an amazing modder and has done so much for the team so far - hopefully to return in the future).
    This is very unfortunate as many would say and we were a team which pushed Wolf3D modding boundaries in memorable mods.

If you like "Team RayCast" and what TR has done so far, if you are ready to be a "team player" (and not "lone modder"), if you're (proven) good in oldschool mapping and want to try more advanced engines/mapping - PM me or write here.
    Obviously I'm a bit picky here to keep team's modding quality, and so I want an established/experienced community mapper.
    Oldschool mapping experience is enough as long as you are ready to also try/learn something new and advanced. We even have oldschool mod option as well in development if that would be a more comfortable start before jumping deep into advanced engines.

Thank you all in advance. Hope we can revive "Team RayCast" and keep the mods coming, including big sequel mod which development was stopped mid-way.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper Empty Re: Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper

Post by WolferCooker Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:19 pm

I wish I'd help but I do not fit your criteria in any way on that regard. Besides, I'm in the process of transitioning away from gaming to the point that I will rarely play it.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper Empty What?

Post by stathmk Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:03 pm

doomjedi wrote:... with next mod development paused (my recent BoA involvement has...
    What?  Did I miss something in the forums?  Does BoA stand for a particular mod?

EDIT: Please email me when your team is finished with this particular mod.  I might play it.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 90
    Job : Chicken factory terminal worker
    Hobbie : Wolf 3d mods, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros games, Heavy Metal Music, Road Trip, Forest Walk, Mountain Climb, Facebook
    Registration date : 2014-11-24

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper Empty Re: Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper

Post by brickgolem Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 am

In case you've wondered, stathmk, Boa stands for "Blade of Agony", a wolfdoom mod under development by Daniel "Tormentor" Gimmer and his team. DoomJedi is also a part of the team.

You can download the game actually and play the two episodes by now on. The third and last episode is under work and the whole game is scheduled to be released in fall of this year.

The main site of "Blade of Agony" is: boa.realm667.com
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:46 am

stathmk wrote:
    doomjedi wrote:... with next mod development paused (my recent BoA involvement has...
    What?  Did I miss something in the forums?  Does BoA stand for a particular mod?

EDIT: Please email me when your team is finished with this particular mod.  I might play it.

"Blade of Agony"

We release this by Chapters, Chapter 2 (which includes reworked Chapter 1 - no need for separate download!) was released in May.
    We're working hard on Chapter 3 (will include as always all previous chapters).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfendoom-blade-of-agony
    http://boa.realm667.com/
    https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47801
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSv38BvODb8

I'm project's Spriter for over a year now, converted all the old enemies and Bosses to MAC-res and doing new art/enemies as well.

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper AAqmnI7

Has some high comp demands because of how unoptimized GZdoom engine is.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:49 am

WolferCooker wrote:I wish I'd help but I do not fit your criteria in any way on that regard. Besides, I'm in the process of transitioning away from gaming to the point that I will rarely play it.
    Thank you for your reply.
    We're indeed looking for some more experienced mapper.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Team Raycast is looking for experienced community mapper Empty Thank you for responding

Post by stathmk Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Thank you for the Blade of Agony responses.  I had forgotten about it.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:32 am

You're welcome Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm

I LOVE BoA! It already has a Cacoaward just for chapter 1. I expect it to get it 3 more times; one for each remaining chapter and then one for it as a whole.

Very advanced for a Doom mod. Very nice blend of Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and even a bit of Serious Sam wrapped into a nice package under the Doom engine.

LOVE the enemy and allied sprites.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:00 pm

WolferCooker wrote:I LOVE BoA! It already has a Cacoaward just for chapter 1. I expect it to get it 3 more times; one for each remaining chapter and then one for it as a whole.

Very advanced for a Doom mod. Very nice blend of Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and even a bit of Serious Sam wrapped into a nice package under the Doom engine.

LOVE the enemy and allied sprites.

Thank you so much, that was my biggest art effort ever probably.
    Yep, Cacoaward was great, John Romero's support was even cooler, what more can an ID games modder dream of?

I'm proud of this mod and the team. Not a perfect mod though, and we do know all the "need to improve" feedback, including low framerate at times, occasional nasty backtracking, some gameplay issues and bugs. Not all guys loved stealth parts or platforming. Some claim maps are too big.
    Still, overall it's impressive IMHO. So many hours of retro killnazi fun.

I also donated and improved to MAC-res (basically redrawn) quite some art from my famous mod - for Chapter 3.

Enemy and Boss sprites were alot of work, didn't want to take the task at first, DoomJuan convinced me and showed it can be done. Still, when I took on the job - I didn't realize how many enemies and Bosses this mod has, wouldn't take it had I known. Team guys helped me with their support and encouraging ongoing feedback, Ringman's work game good starting base for some enemies as well. Was very frustrating for me my art wasn't included (because "all or none") in the original C1 release, but it is in C1 now along with C2 release.

Hope you guys will find this 8dir MAC enemy (/Boss) art useful for Wolf3D modding in MACres.
    I know Ringman did classic Wolf3D enemies in 8dir MACres as well...but my enemies have 8dir shooting frames, are of more unique and realistic style (weapons?) and obviously have much more variants that can be used Wink

Again, thank you alot for the kind feedback.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm