Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL

MrGerolf
    MrGerolf
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Male
    Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2010-01-16

how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL Empty how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL

Post by MrGerolf Sat May 08, 2010 4:57 pm

if there is another thread this should have gone on, i am sorry, i looked at all of them to make sure, couldnt find one, so i went here. how can you replace wolfenstein or spear of destiny demos with ones of your own? and for SDL.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL Empty Re: how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL

Post by Schabbs Sat May 08, 2010 7:32 pm

MrGerolf wrote:if there is another thread this should have gone on, i am sorry, i looked at all of them to make sure, couldnt find one, so i went here. how can you replace wolfenstein or spear of destiny demos with ones of your own? and for SDL.
    BrotherTank released SDL versions of both Wolf3D and Spear demos at http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5074&highlight+

If you use Mapedit to edit the maps, it will need Mapedit 7.2 which is available from the Dome Utilities page at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/utilities.htm .

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    MrGerolf
    MrGerolf
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Male

how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL Empty Re: how do you make demos for wolf3d? SDL

Post by MrGerolf Sun May 09, 2010 8:06 am

thanks.
    MrGerolf
    MrGerolf
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Male

Post by MrGerolf Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm

wait.. i dont know if were talking about the same thing, i mean make your own demos for the demo screen, so when you have new levels, the demos are not crazy.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm

MrGerolf wrote:wait.. i dont know if were talking about the same thing, i mean make your own demos for the demo screen, so when you have new levels, the demos are not crazy.

MCS has a tutorial on making new demos but it involves changes to the coding. You can get some idea about what it involves though at http://www.areyep.com/Codingtips/demos.html .

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm