Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome? Empty How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome?

Post by stathmk Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 pm

I don’t even remember how I had first heard of Diehard Wolfers over 2 years ago, unless I went to their page after looking at Spear Resurrection. They are at http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/ .

I heard that somebody’s abandonware game was at Home of The Underdogs at the-underdogs.org . Maybe it was the Russian version of Doom 2D. I wanted to see if they had any Doom, Wolfenstein, or Spear of Destiny games. Spear Resurrection came up. I played that game and typed “Spear Resurrection” into a search engine. Areyep or MCS mentioned at that time in their news that one of their games was now at The Wolfenstein 3D Dome. That was the first time that I had heard of The Wolfenstein 3D Dome. Home of The Underdogs changed to the-underdogs.info and now is at hotud.org . If you download from there, be sure to download only one file a day because of their bandwidth.

In late March or early April 2008, I sent some messages to Brian chatting about Wolfenstein 3D because his email address was on the Dome. He told me about The Wolf3D Haven. I asked “What about The Diehard Wolfers Forums That I’ve heard about?” He said that they’ve been having some spam problems and block Yahoo, Hotmail, Netscape, and certain other email addresses.

Brian and I started The Wolfenstein 3D mods in Doom 2 page on The Dome in 2008: http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_DOOM2.htm

After The Secret of Eridu will be released, I want to get permission to use some of their graphics along with medieval graphics to make a mod.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome? Empty Re: How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome?

Post by jayngo26 Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 am

Well, back in Aug. 2008 when I got back into the Wolf3d scene, I set out to start a mod of my own. I had trouble figuring out how to add static sprites to the source code so I googled "Wolfenstein 3d forums" or something along that phrase.

I first came to Diehard Wolfers but could not join since I only have "normal" email addresses. My next option was this forum. How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome? Icon_biggrin Needless to say, it's worked out for me so far.

I also believe that the first site I actually visited before the forum sites was Wolf3d Dome. After checking all that out I was amazed at how far the Wolf3d stuff had come in 10 years. I remember emailing Brian and telling him I was going to make a mod. Hehe.

http://jayngoware.com/
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome? Empty Re: How did you first hear about Diehard Wolfers, The Wolf3D Haven, and The Wolf3D Dome?

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 am

When I was 5 years old, my brother and I played Wolf3d alot. One day my brother showed me some mods.. one of them was Totengraber (I spelt it wrong) I think. I saw my brother download off a website that had a black background with white dots. This is the old Wolf3d Dome News.

I think it was 3-4 years ago... I finally started making wolf3d maps. I think searched around Wolf3d Dome for the forum.
    Wolf3d Haven? One day I made the forum. That's how I found out about it Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 am