Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
lilmanjs
Schabbs
6 posters

Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download Empty Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download

Post by Schabbs Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Andy has sent in a SDL version of his Mac-enstein Second Encounter mod. This means the mod can be played with music straight from Windows without using VDM Sounds or DOSBox. It also runs on Vista without DOSBox.

I will be updating Dome News tomorrow but for now there are screenshots at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/mc_pics1.htm .

The mod (the first for SDL) is at http://www.brlowe.co.uk/mac2sdl.zip .

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download Empty Re: Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download

Post by Unusedbattery Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:22 pm

I just started this yesterday and finsihed it today! This is amazing, compared to the DOS version of Mac-enstein. I just wish Wolf4SDL had some kind of mp3 support so we could put the real mac music in there. This is great! They should make Laz's scenerio "Escape from Totenhaus" with this engine. Also, how did you put the high quality sounds in?
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download Empty Re: Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download

Post by Andy Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 am

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad you like it, Unusedbattery!

For the high quality sound I did the following (thanks to Ripper for this advice):

In ID_SD.CPP, change the #define ORIGSAMPLERATE to 22050 (from 7042)

Re-compile.

In ChaosEdit's audio editor, change the 7042 in the little window to 22050 before importing your new 22050 Hz sounds.

That's it!

Andy
    lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by lilmanjs Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:21 pm

yea this mod is a big improvement over the first version released.

Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download TeamAardwolfV2PNG
    Mac-enstein Second Encounter SDL Pics/Download 57046cfmlabelbar
    Mods being worked on:
    The Mutant Uprising, Final Fight 2
    Mod ideas:
    Stargate SG-1 addon, Mega Man addon
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    The Mutant Uprising, Ghost
    Mods being worked on with other people:
    Return to Castle Hollehammer with Raziel A. (Karharis)
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight
    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by Unusedbattery Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Andy wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad you like it, Unusedbattery!

For the high quality sound I did the following (thanks to Ripper for this advice):

In ID_SD.CPP, change the #define ORIGSAMPLERATE to 22050 (from 7042)

Re-compile.

In ChaosEdit's audio editor, change the 7042 in the little window to 22050 before importing your new 22050 Hz sounds.

That's it!

Andy

Oh. Because when I listined to the majority of the sounds in Chaos Edit, they're all inslow motion. That's ok though, this is great! I still think someone should make Escape from Totenhaus though. If I can get Laz's permission and the sprites he made for it, mabye I can make the Escape from Totenhaus mod. Ahh whatever, we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Ohh, they're all in slow motion because I didn't put them in 22050 Hz in ChaosEdit. Could I also get the palette file for this mod please? I tried the original Mac palette file but it just made the sprites look even worse when I'm editing in ChaosEdit.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:31 pm

OT -

He's winking at me again Andy! Very Happy

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Andy Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:49 am

Dean wrote:OT -

He's winking at me again Andy! Very Happy
    I returned his winkie to him! Laughing
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had a look at the mod last night Andy it is really impressive. I can't believe how sharp and clean everything looks.

Are you going to re-release the other MACenstein parts in SDL as well?

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Andy Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Dean,

I'm kind of "wolfed out" at the moment (again), so I am not really doing anything at the moment. Though a sudden burst of inspiration is not unheard of. Wink <- little Winkie!

Things I am considering doing:

Triumph of the Will SDL - ponz is pushing for this, though he has yet to even see the SDL engine

Third Encounter SDL, engine only (no levels) - may be useful for porting some Mac scenarios to PC, though color palette may be an issue for some gfx. The current palette is a hybrid of Mac and PC colors since Mac-enstein still has the PC intermission and menus

I wasn't considering doing First Encounter SDL, since the Second Encounter has those levels. It would be kind of easy to make I guess, but does anyone really want it?

Andy
    Trickle
    Trickle
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-07-30

Post by Trickle Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:03 am

is there anyway to adjust the resolution or enable vertical sync?
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Andy Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Trickle wrote:is there anyway to adjust the resolution or enable vertical sync?
    Wolf4SDL itself currently does not support VGA graphics higher than than the original 300x200 resolution. To get the "hi-res" VGA stuff into Mac-enstein, I had to hard-code the resolution at 600x400 to avoid some strange unstable video behaviour.

Vertical sync? I think that is a problem native to Wolf4SDL that was addressed at DHW in the Wolf4SDL released thread. In a nutshell, Ripper explained to me in an e-mail that "Sadly, SDL only supports waiting for vertical retrace with OpenGL. And I don't use that." Wof4SDL uses DirectX.

Andy

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:41 pm