Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting

luke skywalker
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male
    Number of posts : 44
    Job : Network Analyst III
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Empty Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting

Post by luke skywalker on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:00 am

In 2 weeks or less I would say 95% of the entire mod is completed and could technically already release this as is... With that said I am rebuilding the FAQ, the one I released a 1yr or 2 ago is like completely out of date and missing lots. pig  A shit ton of stuff has changed and been upgraded since then  What a Face I am still on track for having this completed for summer.

Off topic I have started graphics and source code changes for The Sorcerers Wrath. This game will be done in 128x128 maps in traditional DOS code for course  Very Happy I have tested Operation: Arctic Wolf on console systems with DOSBOX installed, I must say it is pretty cool and amazing to play your own heart and soul mod on a console system as much as I am a PC person  king
    Attachments
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentnewtitle.png
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (44 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentartifact.png
    (61 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentdeerhunt.png
    (55 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentuboat-port.png
    (58 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentlavadrain.png
    (54 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male
    Registration date : 2019-02-16

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Empty Re: Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:09 am

Imagine you're at a meeting where you jump out of the building through the window just to enter the building and the room once again everytime you have to say something or when you have some updates.
    jocolor
    Ryu-sama
    Ryu-sama
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Male
    Number of posts : 53
    Job : Student (Medicine)
    Registration date : 2020-01-11

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Empty Re: Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting

Post by Ryu-sama on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:44 am

Looks very promising. The "deerhunt" is awesome.
    Reddimus
    Reddimus
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2018-01-29

Post by Reddimus on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 am

Hey pal, you do realise you can... update only one thread and not constantly post new ones... right?

Beep- boop, maggot!
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:10 am

INB4 "I believe the words are jealousy, embarrassed, unintelligent and just straight up pieces of trash"
    luke skywalker
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by luke skywalker on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:34 am

Confusion Sleep Mad Talking
    Atina
    Atina
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Hobbie : Nitpicking
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Post by Atina on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 am

This pretty much counts as spam by now...

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Spam10
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

Post by Mega Luigi on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Great stuff that you used 128x128 maps, it's something that changes the entire spectrum of possibilities (at least for me). Btw, I still find quite funny when I think about when I used to see your mods announced on the side of Dome's news (and it's actually still there). Nice one on not giving up your work after so much time has passed! I also remember fiddling with Sorcerer's Wrath back on the day, fun days.

Keep on doing what you like so that the results will please you, that's what matters. Cool
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1679
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:41 pm

The deer hunt & submarine area shots look pretty cool. Still looking forward to this one...
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:24 pm

@Atina wrote:This pretty much counts as spam by now...

Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Spam10

It's not just that it's spamming, it makes the modding section confusing, messy and ugly.
    Writing all the stuff that is related to the mod in one single thread to keep it tidy and such, you don't have to find previous threads and so to know what's going on. Same thing happens on DHW as well, Luke has a total of 5 topics all 5 is about Arctic Wolf.

And yes, I don't think spam is actually tolerated on these forums, it's clearly stated on DHW and then on here we have the Haven Trash Bin for spamming, I don't think it should be tolerated outside that offtopic section.
    Reddimus
    Reddimus
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by Reddimus on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:13 am

Imagine having your head stuck so far up your rear, you literally can't take legitimate criticism.
    Like holy s**t, how hard it is to make edits to one of your posts and say "Thread updated, added this, that, so and so."
    Or does literally any criticism count as the words from " jealousy, embarrassed, unintelligent and just straight up pieces of trash" to you?

Beep- boop, maggot!
    AryanWolf3D
    AryanWolf3D
    Black Cat
    Black Cat

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2020-02-26

Post by AryanWolf3D on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 am

@Reddimus wrote:
    Imagine having your head stuck so far up your rear, you literally can't take legitimate criticism.
    Like holy s**t, how hard it is to make edits to one of your posts and say "Thread updated, added this, that, so and so."
    Or does literally any criticism count as the words from " jealousy, embarrassed, unintelligent and just straight up pieces of trash" to you?
    It's stuck pretty far for sure, probably past Episode 5 and maybe even halfway through Spear of Destiny. 

You idiot!
    luke skywalker
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by luke skywalker on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:26 am

lol!  plz feel free to delete spam messages & condense everything into the original post 10 years ago. Mr Window man can assist with this if he can get his ass out  Frustrated
    Attachments
    Operation: Arctic Wolf... Perfecting Attachmentdrunkwindow.jpg
    (9 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:29 am

@Reddimus wrote:
    And pulling it out from there is sure a force to be reckoned with!
    Reddimus
    Reddimus
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by Reddimus on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 am

@luke skywalker wrote:lol!  plz feel free to delete spam messages & condense everything into the original post 10 years ago. Mr Window man can assist with this if he can get his ass out  Frustrated

Oh yes, let me do a job this job, for it is just so difficult for you to do.
    Woe is you for having the inability to do something so simple.  jocolor

This isn't even about your mod, it's about the basic human decency you clearly lack.  You idiot!

Beep- boop, maggot!
    luke skywalker
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by luke skywalker on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am

HAHAHA  the force is preventing us... I like your candor if your cool and up to it I will PM you next month for a beta / trial demo of Operation: Arctic Wolf. On the original spam message of course from 10 years ago  Twisted Evil. Please don't hold back on what needs to be added or changed out.
    Reddimus
    Reddimus
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by Reddimus on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 am

Oh yes, let me provide my very humble ciriticism on your mod that you will totally not disregard like everything I said on this thread (° ͜ʖ °)
    I don't give a damn if your post is 10 years, 20 years or a century old as long as the topic is in one thread and not multiple threads that totally don't make you look like you crave attention.

Beep- boop, maggot!
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:01 am

Dude, this isn't about how old the first thread really is, it's not getting old or lost if you keep updating it you know, but the way you make hundreds of Arctic Wolf threads it makes the modding section a mess and it looks confusing as well.

We are simply telling you to reconsider your habits of posting and creating threads about the exact same thing, none of us actually stated an opinion about your mod or about the images you posted or literally said anything wrong about it, we are just trying to tell you that you actually could update 1 thread, keep it tidy and such and you immediately stigmatized us for being jealous, unintelligent and our opinions are just a piece of utter trash. Jealous? For what exactly? Well excuse me but this kind of overreaction over some simple thing, saying such words to people, it's such an asshole move and it literally makes you being the one being the piece of trash in this case.

On DHW you stated "I have been around long enough through the ages of Wolfenstein" makes me think you have seen threads and posts of others, if it's jealousy, people would make numerous threads about one thing just like you do, right? So I am not really sure what counts as jealousy in this case, you think we should be jealous of your posting habits? Sorry but I think this is something people shouldn't be jealous of. If you're around for ages you should know the basic rules on DHW as well, stating "spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.", if you know what spamming means, but I guess it was the ages in this case that made it okay for you to do this so, every newbie who state their opinions about this should shut the F up because it's jealousy and it's cannot be considered as a constructive opinion. Just like in kindergarten, once you enter your final year you are allowed to beat up the younger kids and steal their toys and the newbies should shut up after the action because they're just jealous that you got such a good toy from them. Right?

I should keep this post coming on and on, but I am pretty sure I am just wasting my time anyways, I am just a newbie who cannot bring any change in this community, who is so f*cking jealous of someone who's around for ages and the one who always stating pointless opinions, saying the bad things and is a waste of precious space and air. I am pretty sure you won't give a damn about this post, so I'll stop. But, at last I want to wish you success in the future, may the force be with you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 am