Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

My understanding of the Mac version so far.

Crashratchet22
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2017-09-27

My understanding of the Mac version so far. Empty My understanding of the Mac version so far.

Post by Crashratchet22 Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:00 pm

From the information gathering on the Mac version of Wolfenstein 3D, I will now present my regards on the subject;

1: The music notes that make the midis on this version are all in aiff format, that means you can import aiff sounds like e.g. (trumpets, whistles , or even a dog's bark" and use them as the instruments.

2: Custom aiff based sounds that can be used as instruments are ID the same way as the originals, but you can rename the instruments to your liking.

3: You will have to delete the csounds and re-ID the snd files as the original ID numbers associated with the instruments were in the csound locals.

4: It is possible to import midis as long as the instruments in the midis match the ID channel of the snd file. (I actually modified Beethoven's Fur Elise with the original music IDs and it sounded like a Christmas song)

5: I used Res Edit to create a new resource and added the aiff files into the snd folder local.

6: You can import music on Wolf Edit 2.0.4 as long as the notes match the ID snd files.

7: Another interesting thing with my experience with the music making/importing is that the Mac version is very picky on it's naming system of the channels on Anvil Studio. One misspelled letter or a short spelling means it won't work. Other people's experiences vary from situation to situation.

Special thanks to Andy and Eternal_Inquirer for providing great in depth information regarding the subject.

If my information is incorrect or lacking enough evidence, let me know and I can correct the mistake. Thanks and I hope this helps on your Mac modding.
    Sam122
    Sam122
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2020-03-05

My understanding of the Mac version so far. Empty Re: My understanding of the Mac version so far.

Post by Sam122 Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:22 am

Interesting

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 pm