Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Newbie questions here.

Kargan3033
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2014-12-30

Newbie questions here. Empty Newbie questions here.

Post by Kargan3033 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm looking to make a Wolf/Spear Mod so my question is what is the best editor/mod maker that is easy to use on Win7 to make a mod that does not need to use Dosbox and can be played in windows 7 or lower?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Newbie questions here. Empty Re: Newbie questions here.

Post by WolferCooker Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:22 pm

For the engines we use to make mods, we either use SDL or ECWolf.

As far as editors go, I only know most of WDC and/or Chaosedit. But talk to other people with that one.
    Kargan3033
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by Kargan3033 Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:58 pm

WolferCooker wrote:For the engines we use to make mods, we either use SDL or ECWolf.

As far as editors go, I only know most of WDC and/or Chaosedit. But talk to other people with that one.

I have no idea of what SDL or ECWolf are, I take it they are the standard Wolf/Spear editors?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:08 pm

They're not editors, they're different engines (executables (.exes)) to make a Wolf3d mod run; ones that are compatible with Windows Vista and above (including Windows Eight). The SDL engine (named Wolf4SDL) is basically a port of the DOS engine that does not require DOSBox to play it.

ECWolf is basically similar to the ZDoom engine which is a port off of the Doom engine. It too doesn't need DOSBox to run Wolf3d mods (under that particular .exe)

If you don't know where I'm getting at talk to Wizzie, doomjedi, Thomas, etc.
    Kargan3033
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by Kargan3033 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:09 pm

WolferCooker wrote:They're not editors, they're different engines (executables (.exes)) to make a Wolf3d mod run; ones that are compatible with Windows Vista and above (including Windows Eight). The SDL engine (named Wolf4SDL) is basically a port of the DOS engine that does not require DOSBox to play it.

ECWolf is basically similar to the ZDoom engine which is a port off of the Doom engine. It too doesn't need DOSBox to run Wolf3d mods (under that particular .exe)

If you don't know where I'm getting at talk to Wizzie, doomjedi, Thomas, etc.

Ok thanks for the info, I do understand some what of what you are saying and it's a good start, I'll have a talk with the folks you mentioned tomorrow because it's late and I'm tired.
    D3m3
    D3m3
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2014-06-16

Post by D3m3 Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:46 am

Newbie questions here. Bandic11
    How to fix this problem in FloEdit?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am