Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series?

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Does anyone on here think that Wolfenstein the New Order is an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein series? I do not think you can fit it in with the rest of the Wolfenstein canon. To me, it is its own canon. I consider the New Order to be a reboot like Wolfenstein 3D was. Wolfenstein 3D does not consist of the same plot as the original. The plot was redone for Wolfenstein 3D. Beyond Castle Wolfenstein was about placing a bomb in Hitler's bunker. Not going one on one with him. Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein are their own canon as well. Both series borrow elements from the other series. the 80s series and 90s contain similar elements. Wolfenstein the New Order game contains stuff from the previous Wolfenstein series of games by ID. The same characters are used.

There are inconsistencies with the New Order. BJ does not have kids. In Wolfenstein 3D, BJ got married after the war. The fourth reich storyline could have had potential if ID went that route. I wish ID could have released an expansion pack to Wolfenstein 2009 called Wolfenstein the Fourth Reich that could have used ID Tech 4.

I consider Wolfenstein the New Order to be an official fan fiction to the ID Software Wolfenstein series.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty Re: Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series?

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:04 pm

I honestly don't care. It's the new Wolfenstein game, I assume it's the same universe unless otherwise stated.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty Overanalyzed details

Post by stathmk Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:54 pm

JPB, I really think that you are starting to confuse people with the overanalyzed details that most people wouldn't think about.

I had heard that Wolfenstein: The New Order is an alternate storyline in a parallel universe in the 1960s where the Nazis still hadn't lost yet.  Overanalyzing details take some fun out of it.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty Re: Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series?

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 am

Wolfenstein as a series was never big on story.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 am

The Wolfenstein wiki speculates on the timeline. I need to realize that a wiki can be edited by regular people.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty Yes, JPB, a wiki can be edited by regular people.

Post by stathmk Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:36 am

jpb1991 wrote:The Wolfenstein wiki speculates on the timeline. I need to realize that a wiki can be edited by regular people.

Yes, JPB, a wiki can be edited by regular people.  Somebody on Wikipedia prefabricated a war between Portugal and India.  It went unnoticed for a while until The Indians and The Portuguese found it and realized that it was melarky.  Wikipedia gets edited by strange people a lot especially in the evolution vs creationism debates.  Wikipedia also gets edited a lot in the very controversial edits about Saddam Hussein’s genocides.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Is Wolfenstein the New Order an official retcon/fan fiction of the Wolfenstein Series? Empty The Bicholim Conflict

Post by stathmk Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm

stathmk wrote:
    jpb1991 wrote:The Wolfenstein wiki speculates on the timeline. I need to realize that a wiki can be edited by regular people.

Yes, JPB, a wiki can be edited by regular people.  Somebody on Wikipedia prefabricated a war between Portugal and India.  It went unnoticed for a while until The Indians and The Portuguese found it and realized that it was melarky.  Wikipedia gets edited by strange people a lot especially in the evolution vs creationism debates.  Wikipedia also gets edited a lot in the very controversial edits about Saddam Hussein’s genocides.

It’s the Bicholim Conflict.  It’s a prefabricated war between Portugal and The Indian Maratha Empire:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPT0KHIWBBY&t=3m23s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm