Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Help with Advanced Sound Manager code

Mortimer
    Lucky
    Lucky

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-05-06

Help with Advanced Sound Manager code Empty Help with Advanced Sound Manager code

Post by Mortimer Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 am

Copying it from DHW:

"Hi again cyclops

well, today i was bored, so I decided to play a little with coding. I've coded Alumiun's Advanced Sound Manager, and it compiles everything alright. But when I enter the game, there is a problem:

In the first try, there was no music or sound files, so I just tried to enter in the game and see if it had worked. When I got to the main menu (well, actually I didn't get there), it bugged.

My first thought was that it had bugged because there were no sound or music files for the game to use. So, I've copied a single wave file and renamed it to each one of the sounds defined at asmcref.h. I also did this with a mid file for the musics. It stills bugs though.

I'm not sure what the problem is, because I've followed the tutorial very carefully. I've even tried to use the pre-installed version, but, for some reason, it doesn't compile for me.

Once again:

I've put wave and mid files with the correct names (defined at asmcref.h), but it still bugs in the main menu. Does any1 have any idea of what it can be?

Thanks Dead"

I really hope I can sort this out either here or in DHW Cake
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Help with Advanced Sound Manager code Empty Re: Help with Advanced Sound Manager code

Post by jayngo26 Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am

Hello. You are experiencing something that I will eventually run into as well. I will probably try and add the advanced sound manager to my next mod or one down the road a bit. Sadly, I can be of no help to you right now. Someone on here or DHW will probably be able to help out though. You may just have to play the waiting game...

Anyway, if you get a response/answer, please post on this site as well. The more that we all know, the better we are for it!

http://jayngoware.com/
    Mortimer
    Lucky
    Lucky

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-05-06

Help with Advanced Sound Manager code Empty Re: Help with Advanced Sound Manager code

Post by Mortimer Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:48 am

I actually just found it out and I'm even ashamed Sad

I should've read better the topic of this code tutorial in DHW.

Anyway, the problem was there were two wave files missing. I think Alumiun didn't emphasize enough that there is an error log in the stdout.txt file.

But thanks for the attention though Smile

Also: not wanting to criticize Alumiun, I even want to thank him for this code, but I think he should take a look in the installation instructions. If I remember it well, I've found one or two mistaken steps there. I've had to compare my code with the preinstalled one to get to a conclusion tongue
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 am

Glad you found the solution. From my experience, it's usually the one putting in the code who makes the silly errors. Hehehe. But, following other ppl's code tutorials can be difficult to say the least. Some tutorials out there are really, really solid, others are suspect. Anyhoo, it's all part of the experience I suppose. Very Happy

http://jayngoware.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 pm