Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+21
Schabbs
Valts
Dean
Per-Scan
jayngo26
Zombie_Plan
Tenamk
Nexion
Richter Belmont
kimerajamm
nevetes
PicNic
stathmk
lilmanjs
Karle
Raziel
WLHack
Jonathan
giftmacher
TheUbermutant
drchainsaw
25 posters

What TV programme are you watching?

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty What TV programme are you watching?

Post by Schabbs Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:15 am

First topic message reminder :

At the moment, it's daytime TV here. Lots of soap repeats, talk shows etc. I'm watching Emmerdale, a soap and also a repeat showing. Embarassed

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: What TV programme are you watching?

Post by Schabbs Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:57 am

This afternoon was the final of the Black Rock Tennis from the Royal Albert Hall. It has tennis stars from yesteryear. Smile

The final was between Pioline and Rusedski (Pioline won). Other players featured earlier in the week were Sampras, McEnroe, Cash and Edberg.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: What TV programme are you watching?

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:12 pm

The only two people I know on Tennis TV is Federer and Nadal. And this other guy, but I forgot his name.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty TV in Indiana

Post by stathmk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:34 pm

One of the shows that I would watch was American Idol season 7. That’s because Luke Menard and Amanda Obermyer are from this area of Indiana. Amy Davis is also from Indiana, but I know little about her.

Pushing Daisies is cool to watch because it’s a fantasy world that’s a dark comedy where they solve murder mysteries.

I sometimes watch Mythbusters. They were also having a convocation at Elliott Hall at Purdue University in October of last year that I went to.

I would watch Lost. But at that season finale when Charlie died I thought that I had seen enough of its complicated storyline that doesn’t seem to fit together very well.

I watch Desperate Housewives when my Mom is watching it.

I watch the Simpsons.

I’m still watching 60 Minutes for the different topics. I think that Andy Rooney has already become a crazy old man. Is there anything that he does other than complain?
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:42 am

We get American Idol in the UK and I find it very entertaining. It's produced some really good acts. We have a similar thing here called X Factor which has just finished for this year.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty X Factor Blooper, Bulgarian idol weirdness

Post by stathmk Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 am

I went to Elementary, Middle, and High School with Luke Menard from American Idol season 7. He was 2 years older than me and 2 years ahead of me in school. He's a cool guy.
    Schabbs wrote:We get American Idol in the UK and I find it very entertaining. It's produced some really good acts. We have a similar thing here called X Factor which has just finished for this year.
    X Factor! That reminds of a blooper that I saw on a show with a name like "World's Funniest Moments." On X-Factor, a guy sings both Ken's and Barbie's lyrics to "I'm a Barbie Girl" and Simon Cowell is laughing at his high pitched Barbie voice. Simon said, "You are the worst singer in the world," and he said, "Thank You." Then Simon said something like, "I don't think you heard me. You are the worst singer in the World."

Ken Lee on Bulgarian Idol with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI
    Mariah Carey’s reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnlSLN63Loc&feature=related
    Ken Lee on Bulgarian Idol Improved Version with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT18LZItBLA&feature=related
    Absurd and funny Bulgarian Idol song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRG52vDKXY&feature=related Only in Vulgaria! Oops, I mean Bulgaria. Somebody on the message board for the version without English subtitles said that this is funny not just because of the absurd lyrics but also because he is singing in the feminine form. I know that Spanish has masculine and feminine words, but I didn’t know that Bulgarian has masculine and feminine words.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty The Price Is Right

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

I had forgotten to mention that I also watch "The Price Is Right." Britain and some other countries have their own version of "The Price is Right." On the American version, somebody guessed the exact value of his showcase and won both showcases two days ago: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2008/12/17/the-price-is-exactly-right-contestant-nails-the-price-of-his/?icid=100214839x1215573826x1201027893 I missed that episode. Somebody on the message board for that page said that on the contestants' row that he correctly guessed the price there and won $500. Two exact prices from one person in one episode! Wow.
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1584
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by PicNic Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Each sunday; supernatural.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:16 pm

stathmk wrote:I had forgotten to mention that I also watch "The Price Is Right." Britain and some other countries have their own version of "The Price is Right." On the American version, somebody guessed the exact value of his showcase and won both showcases two days ago: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2008/12/17/the-price-is-exactly-right-contestant-nails-the-price-of-his/?icid=100214839x1215573826x1201027893 I missed that episode. Somebody on the message board for that page said that on the contestants' row that he correctly guessed the price there and won $500. Two exact prices from one person in one episode! Wow.

Yes, in the UK we had 'The Price Is Right'. It used to be shown at 5pm (Mon - Fri) but it's not been on for a year or so. Sounds like a similar format to what you have in the USA.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 am

Just finished watching the Snooker Masters match between John Higgins and Marco Fu. John won 6 - 4. He fluked the final black to win.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...

Post by Dean Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I watched the tewnty20 cricket match last night between Australia and Sth. Africa which was just awesome. Australia won both of these which is at least some consellation seeing Sth. Africa won the test series. The 1 dayers start this friday so looking forward to those.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 am

There was a very good tennis match in the second round of the Australian Open today. (Actually, last night Australian time). Carla Suarez Navarro was playing Venus Williams and the match was of a very high standard. At 5-2 in the third set, Venus was serving for the match but dropped her serve. On her next service game, Venus dropped her serve again and Carla went on to win. Scores (Carla first) were 2-6 6-3 7-5.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm

That was a great match Brian, I watched it myself. Now I'm watching the 3rd ODI between Australia and Sth. Africa. It's 1-1 so far in the series so this one should be closely fought.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:40 am

I haven't seen the ODI's, Dean. Sounds like a good series though.

Back to the Australian Open tennis, Carla Suarez Navarro finally got knocked out in the Quarter Finsls but I'm sure we'll hear a lot more of her.

The second men's semi-final between Nadal and Verdasko was the best match I've seen since Nadal vs. Federer at Wimbledon last year. Nadal just edged it in the fifth set but had to play some really fantastic shots to win.

The women's final S. Williams vs. Safina was a bit disappointing though. Very one-sided and S. Williams won easily.

I can't wait for Nadal vs. Federer in the men's final...

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm

I've watched all of those as well Brian as they are all on at prime time here. I've got a feeling Federer might get one back on Nadal this time around though.
    The cricket was bad again, Sth. Africe won the 5 match series 4-1. We start another 5 match series against New Zealand today so we may hvae a chance to redeem ourselves, although they've been playing better cricket than we have lately.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:51 pm

England vs. West Indies - Cricket 1st test.
    Not a good start for England. They made just 51 in their second innings and West Indies won without even having to bat a second time. Embarassed

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:07 pm

2 matches in, NZ 2 - 0 Australia Sad

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:05 pm

2nd Cricket test match England vs. W. Indies was cancelled after England scored 7-0.
    Was supposed to be due to an unsafe pitch. Surprised

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:29 pm

The 5th, and final game, of the Australia v New Zealand 1 day series was washed out on Friday leaving the teams at 2 wins apiece. Today is the one and only Twenty20 match to finish N.Z.'s tour of Australia before we head off to Sth. Africa for a few more tests in a couple of days.

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Don't usually watch much tv, but I saw my very first episode of The Office after the Super Bowl. I have been hooked since. Brilliant comedy.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm

One of my favorite's as well Jayngo, I have every episode! Smile

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark

Post by jayngo26 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

Awesome. I saw all of the seasons for sale at the store the other day. Which season would be the best to buy??
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Well Season 1 is only 6 Episodes long and is a complete rip off of the original English season. Me though, I'm one of those people that can only watch things in total order from start to finish so I would get them all, but then again it's one of my my favorite shows so I wanted to watch as much of it as I could.

You can download them off the internet for free (well, your download costs of course) if you know where to look.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 Empty West Indies vs. England 3rd Cricket Test - A Draw

Post by Schabbs Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 pm

The 3rd Test Cricket Match Series: West Indies v England resulted in a draw. England started well making 566 for 9 and the West Indies in reply made 285 all out. However, England couldn't manage to bowl out the West Indies in their second innings and the match resulted in a draw.

There was some good cricket in this match and after 5 days of play it would have been better for it to end with a more positive result.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:53 am

A View To A Kill. One of the many James Bond movies that starred Roger Moore.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:05 am

The Naked Gun 33 1/3 is on TV right now, so I'm watching it.

What TV programme are you watching? - Page 4 MMCS0206
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Nothing, Australian TV really sucks...

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Brokeback Mountain. First time I've seen it, though I heard a lot about it. A very well made movie.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Kenny vs Spenny - Season 5

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:38 pm

CSI: Miami.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:53 pm

A Clockwork Orange.
    Strange movie.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:40 am

Freddy vs Jason
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Watching the Dutch tv-programme 'De Wereld Draait Door', thinking about watching the movie 'The Prestige'.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

World Snooker. Now just 4 players left in the tournament. Mark Allen, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Shawn Murphy.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

X-men 3: The Last Stand. Next up: The Punisher!!! Oooooo-It is crappy Marvel movie night here!!!

http://jayngoware.com/
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

An episode of South Park (although I'm not really watching, well just a bit) Razz

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Fri May 01, 2009 6:56 pm

X-Men Origins:Wolverine

ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sat May 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Tropic Thunder

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 pm

American Idol.
    Who wins? Chris or Adam? D=

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Mon May 25, 2009 7:20 pm

My name is Earl. I just saw a one-legged women shoot at Earl with a shotgun. Unfrigginbelievable.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 pm

French Open Tennis. Especially the Nadal vs. Hewitt match. Nadal was superb and won in three straight sets but Hewitt still played well.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri May 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Nadal is unbeatable there, he proves it again.
    I'm watching Family Guy now.

Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Australia V West Indies in the Twenty20 World Cup from Lords in London.

Australia got beaten, we batted ok but our bowling was terrible. Chris Gayle, The West Indies Captain, actually hit the ball outside of the ground and across the street!!

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 am

Dean wrote:Australia V West Indies in the Twenty20 World Cup from Lords in London.

Australia got beaten, we batted ok but our bowling was terrible. Chris Gayle, The West Indies Captain, actually hit the ball outside of the ground and across the street!!

I just watched the highlights of the game. It was very exciting. Chris Gayle scored 88 runs off 50 balls.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 am

Stella Artois Tennis Tournament from Barons Court in London. Not a big tournament but a good match between Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt. Andy won with 2 tie-breaks.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 pm

House. =]
    I also watch Lie to Me.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Australia go heartbreakingly close to beating England in the 1st Ashes test in Cardiff, Wales.

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:53 am

Dean wrote:Australia go heartbreakingly close to beating England in the 1st Ashes test in Cardiff, Wales.

Yes, I watched it. Once Collingwood was out, everyone thought England had no hope. Somehow, the last 2 batsmen held on. Had there been more time, Australia would have easily won it. The next test is at Lords on Thursday (July 16).

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 pm

I watched soccer: Brazil vs Estonia. Brazil won 1:0. In 2009 the Estonian football celebrated its 100th Anniversary.
    nevetes
    nevetes
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Job : student
    Hobbie : skiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!! then pwning dark_wizzie. oblivion mods. gaming. camping. swimming
    Message : 98% of all teens listen to rap, if you are the other 2% that still listen to rock, then copy and paste this in your sig
    Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post by nevetes Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 am

watching the portland timbers become #1 in rankings for their division
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:47 am

Heartbeat. Drama series set in the 1960s. A repeat but has some good 60s music and settings.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content