Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1775
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links? Empty (Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links?

Post by stathmk Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 am

Brian posted a mod on the news with a name like Tobruk and it was automatically double underlined for some reason with a spam link. I type and the text words like credits, Christian, internet service, Firefox, associate, and other text gets randomly underlined with spam links. What is going on? It's annoying. Could it be caused by spam bots? Is there any sort of plug-in to prevent this? I should do a virus scan overnight and see if it helps.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links? Empty I’ve probably figured it out.

Post by stathmk Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 pm

In case you have the same thing, I’ve probably figured it out. I went to http://www.adobe.com/ and selected Adobe Reader from the Downloads drop-down menu. A message popped up in a new tab that I am the only winner in my city and it has “Playbryte” at the top of the tab.

Go to My Computer, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, and uninstall Playbryte. The screwy annoyance of random words being double underlined as spam hypertext in Firefox is now gone if you do the same thing all over again at Adobe’s web site and nothing happens.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links? Empty Here’s what I tried and it worked

Post by stathmk Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Here’s what I tried and it worked:
    -Ran anti-virus scanners that I already have
    -I did research on the internet
    -The Opt out of viglink hyperlink doesn’t work by itself: http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/
    -I tried http://malwaretips.com/blogs/green-double-underlined-ads-removal/ and it must have had a delayed reaction
    -I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqnLgOzwM
    -Erased/uninstalled Spigot (A spyware where I don’t know how it’s gotten there.)
    -Erased/uninstalled DynamicPricer.dll from C drive
    -Erased/uninstalled uTorrent and I want to forget about uTorrent
    -Install Noscript for Firefox and Adblock Plus for Firefox.  Then Noscript blocked me from Facebook.  So I uninstalled it.
    -I read this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_xp/double-underlined-text-ads/8b7426d3-8c9d-4b05-842c-051e4cd30268
    -I had to restart my computer a couple times.  There was a delayed reaction.

Now it’s not showing random words as double-underlined green spam links.  It’s not showing random words as double-underlined black spam links.
    AlumiuN
    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links? Empty Re: (Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links?

Post by AlumiuN Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Uninstalling uTorrent was unnecessary, I think considering how many people use it it would be unbelievably unlikely that they would install spyware with it.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

(Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links? Empty Re: (Solved) Why does Firefox double underline almost random words into links?

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 pm

I don't think I've had malware (well, detected malware) on this computer ever. It's been a year. And on my old PC probably no malware in another year.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:32 pm