Here is a short list of the features I am going to include in the SDL version of ToS:
- Outside atmosphere with starry sky, rain, etc...
- Directional sprites (and Tricobs destructable ones),
- AlumniuNs better shot tracing,
- Animated objects,
- New enemies and bosses with improved AI,
- More weapons (and probably panzerfaust),
- New ammotypes and a backpack,
- Mines and other harming objects,
- New health items (some of them portable),
- Disguise with "ausweis" finding - mode,
- Ladders (yeah, better known as teleporters) and end-level object,
- Intermission screens,
New planned features (hopefully never seen before):
- Weight limit (B.J. can carry only a certain amount
of stuff with him - the more stuff B.J. has with him,
the slower he will move),
- B.J can only have a couple of weapons with him so finding
a new weapon forces to choose wether to keep the older one
or changing it to the new one...
- If I include panzerfaust - the mechanics are similar to this:
one shot and then you have to find a new one...
- Petrol bombs and items that can caught fire,
(Tank that player can control? - Yes, there has been motorcycles
and jeeps but I don't think there has been a tank before)
Other new features:
- Overheating machineguns (okay, if I remember right, this
feature was supposed to be in Spear Doomsday but I think
that one has become vapourware),
- Enemy can now surrender (well, it was meant to be in original
Wolfenstein) -> Surrendered enemy give player items...
Of course there will be more new unique features but I won't list
them here so I won't spoil them...