Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

New update from Forumtion (it's about time!)

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

New update from Forumtion (it's about time!) Empty New update from Forumtion (it's about time!)

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:54 am

First things first. I am checking abuse reports a bit more often now. Also. I updated the FAQ a little bit. I also changed the ranks a little bit as well.
    ===
    A new update has just been done on your forum, hope you’ll be happy with the work Smile

1. Abuse report

In order to prevent Terms of Services infringment, any members can now report an abuse by clicking the link "report an abuse" of each page of the forums.

If you receive an abuse for your forum, to consult it :
    Admin panel > misc > reported abuses
    (If you don’t see the section it’s normal! That means you don’t have any abuses Wink)

From there you can see all informations on your forum abuses, and handle them.

Please take all abuses seriously : they are not a sanction, but prevention.

So if the abuse is legit, you will need to take rapid actions in order to repair Terms of services infringments.

The visitor who will report you a legit infringment will therefore be preserving your forum from being deleted, if you take the necessary actions (such as deletion of the one or more incriminated pages and/or sections).

We (Forumotion staff) don’t intervene in any way in abuses, but if a visitor comes to us saying he reported you an abuse, and that nothing has been done on your side, we will have to take the necessary actions ourselves, by deleting the specified infringments or the entire forum.

2. Message edition duration limit for a member

You can now specify a certain amount of time after which a message won’t be editable by a member anymore (in order of minutes, hours, or days) :
    Admin panel > general configuration > "Message edition duration limit for a member".

Just leave "none" checked if you want to keep your options by default, as they were before the update Wink

3. Enhancement and modifications of the points (credits) system

The points you used to buy to get new options for your forum have now changed their name : they are now credits, in order to stop the misunderstanding between "directory points" and "Paid points".

Admin panel > misc > credits managements

The menu has been modified and is now smooth and more easy to use.
    You now just need to pick and choose the option you wish to buy, and there you go Smile

That’s all for today!

Cheers to everyone for using our services, stay tuned for fresh news shortly !

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 am