Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version)

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version) Empty End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version)

Post by WolferCooker Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:36 pm

With help from the community as a whole, End of Destiny SDL was finally cleaned up from KyleRTCW's beta version and released by Andynonymus. Everything as a whole works very well, but there is a problem that is preventing me from progressing or even do some secret levels.

The Ultraclone/Snowman reanimation code is broken as in they ALL reanimate any time they wish to. In the DOS version it was coded as there was a chance they'd reanimate but that has like a window of 15 or so seconds, otherwise they stay dead.

This is a major problem and prevents completion of Clone Wars and Snowman secret levels. It certainly makes all the other levels that have Ultraclones in them a lot more challenging to avoid while fighting your way through. 

This needs to be addressed.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version) Empty Re: End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version)

Post by Thomas Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:35 am

Yes, me and Andy worked closely together in testing the EoD port - with MCS' blessing - and the issue you mention was indeed addressed merely days before he went AWOL. However, since February 17, 2015 I have no idea where Andy is and why he has never responded to any e-mail I sent him.

Other than that, I thought the port functioned reasonably well. This was why I chose to release it in January 2016 as I could not get a hold of any of the parties involved (Andy & MCS) and just thought, why the hell not.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version) Empty Re: End of Destiny SDL (Andy's version)

Post by WolferCooker Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:19 am

I'd like to think Andy probably has a life of his own now. Same as WSJ. It sucks to go AWOL like that, but I'd understand.

Anyway, I didn't know this version is already 4-5 years old. How far I've fallen.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Yeah a pity isn't it... I still believe MCS has it somewhere in his heart to one day finally put out a proper EoD port... One can dream... And Andy... I don't know... He was no spring chicken at the time of his leave of absence but he was still a relatively young man. I hope he's all right wherever he is. Personally I've done all I can to carry on in his name in cataloging and keeping track of numerous mods, sadly I do not have the coding gifts he had, putting out multiple SDL ports time after time. We had many plans to more or less put out any DOS mod that ever had the slightest change in SDL. But that's all stalled now. Apparently some of the bigger coders out there can't be arsed to do it by themselves lol.

Playing the EoD port now it's still enjoyable, has its flaws of course. But it's still a good bet, together with Kyle's port I think EoD fares pretty well in SDL.
    AryanWolf3D
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2020-02-26

Post by AryanWolf3D Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 am

Last edited by AryanWolf3D on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:43 am

Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm

Wolf3DGuy wrote:Me not like EoD, too hard to control, I wait for my EC/LZWolf port, so I can play with proper controls and in proper resolution... as it was intended!

Alright, I'll bite.

Spoiler:
    AryanWolf3D
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by AryanWolf3D Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:47 am

Last edited by AryanWolf3D on Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:39 am

Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AryanWolf3D
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by AryanWolf3D Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:16 am

Last edited by AryanWolf3D on Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 am