Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+3
AryanWolf3D
stathmk
doomjedi
7 posters

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty Why has Diehard Wolfers been down?

Post by stathmk Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Does anybody know why diehardwolfers.areyep.com has been down for 2 days?

There's still Team Raycast Forum at http://raycast.teamforum.ru/ and wolf3d.darkbb.com.  I don't know if Team Raycast wants extra traffic, but if Diehard Wolfers stays down, then it's OK by me if you want to join Wolf3d Haven, post introductions, and continue from here.

Last edited by stathmk on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty Re: Why has Diehard Wolfers been down?

Post by doomjedi Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 pm

I don't mind extra traffic Smile
    Currently most (but not all) areas of TR forum are private (and so hidden) development areas, but if guys will find it for --reasons-- a place they want to hang out Wolf-wise I'll consider expanding its public areas further to provide fitting platform for public Wolf3D hangout.

I do hope and even assume DHW down being temporary. If someone has something urgent to post about Wolf3D meantime - he is invited to post it here or on TR forum (or both Smile ).
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty Let me clarify something

Post by stathmk Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:01 am

Let me clarify something.  I just noticed 5 minutes ago that Diehard Wolfers still isn't loading in Chrome, but it is loading in Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I don't know what's going on yet.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:12 am

I use FireFox and there is no change. Doesn't load still.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty I can't log in using Vista

Post by stathmk Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I can't log into Diehard Wolfers with any of the browsers that I have without getting an error.  I'm using Windows Vista if it makes a difference to you.  I'm hopefully buying a new computer this month and then I'll try logging in again.  If the Diehard Wolfers members are reading this message, then they shouldn't take me too seriously that I'll be away from their forum for days.
    OzNoG
    OzNoG
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by OzNoG Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 am

Yup problems logging in too, looks like a DB problem Sad
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty Is Diehard Wolfers now also working for you in Chrome?

Post by stathmk Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:57 pm

DoomJedi and OzNoG, is Diehard Wolfers now also working for you in Chrome?
    OzNoG
    OzNoG
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by OzNoG Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 am

yes working in chrome & firefox now loggins back to normal Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:25 pm

And back to not normal Smile
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Why has Diehard Wolfers been down? Empty DHW is down again

Post by stathmk Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:39 pm

I'm not angry at anybody, but http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/ is down again.  For some reason, it has an error message of:
    = = = = = =
    Sorry!
    You do not have permission to access this location.
    = = = = = =

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:06 am

Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AryanWolf3D
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2020-02-26

Post by AryanWolf3D Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:40 am

Last edited by AryanWolf3D on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    OzNoG
    OzNoG
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by OzNoG Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Same problem again it seems Crying or Very sad
    serpens
    serpens
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-01-11

Post by serpens Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:27 pm

At this point the coronavirus must have taken out, incapacitated or otherwise driven away the personnel manning Yahoo server sites, leaving them unmaintained and going offline one by one over time. Even if functionality is restored in the future, the prolonged state of advanced disrepair, looters and exposure to elements means that locally stored data will most likely no longer be salvageable. Unfortunately periods of disrupted civil order generally means unavoidable destruction. The fall of Rome had sent continental Europe into chaos for centuries. This will be worse, because people no longer have individual survival skills, instead being reliant on information and infrastructure to maintain the continuity and structure of society, as well as the cohesion of global communication, information and trade networks. Collapsing economies and resultant civil unrest will render law moot and impossible to enforce, depriving both individuals and organizations of the basic necessity of safety. Large cities will be hit hardest as impoverished rabble from suburbs and ghettoes violently rise up against the downtown, aiming to claim the material goods and lives of what is de facto a shambolic assemblage of alienated, helpless individuals. Rural communities will hold out as long as they maintain the means of protecting themselves, but will necessarily be relegated to the status of primitive, xenophobic enclaves. State of decay will remain until some organized force is able to consolidate enough power to rig up the disintegrated remnants into a semblance of order.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:27 am

serpens wrote:At this point the coronavirus must have taken out, incapacitated or otherwise driven away the personnel manning Yahoo server sites, leaving them unmaintained and going offline one by one over time. Even if functionality is restored in the future, the prolonged state of advanced disrepair, looters and exposure to elements means that locally stored data will most likely no longer be salvageable. Unfortunately periods of disrupted civil order generally means unavoidable destruction. The fall of Rome had sent continental Europe into chaos for centuries. This will be worse, because people no longer have individual survival skills, instead being reliant on information and infrastructure to maintain the continuity and structure of society, as well as the cohesion of global communication, information and trade networks. Collapsing economies and resultant civil unrest will render law moot and impossible to enforce, depriving both individuals and organizations of the basic necessity of safety. Large cities will be hit hardest as impoverished rabble from suburbs and ghettoes violently rise up against the downtown, aiming to claim the material goods and lives of what is de facto a shambolic assemblage of alienated, helpless individuals. Rural communities will hold out as long as they maintain the means of protecting themselves, but will necessarily be relegated to the status of primitive, xenophobic enclaves. State of decay will remain until some organized force is able to consolidate enough power to rig up the disintegrated remnants into a semblance of order.

"Success!" - MCS

It's like playing EoD all over again lol!
    Sam122
    Sam122
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2020-03-05

Post by Sam122 Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:56 am

Something happened
    quartzdoll
    quartzdoll
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2012-04-07

Post by quartzdoll Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:14 pm

areyep's diehard wolfers forum is back in this url. works with same old logins. Very Happy

Code:
    http://dhw.wolfenstein3d.com/index.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am