Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015?

Post by stathmk Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 am

In 2 days, I will link here to a spreadsheet that I spent free time over the course of days working on.  It will list existing game consoles and computers that Marty McFly could play on October 21, 2015 when Back To The Future Part 2 takes place.  Back To The Future Part 2 has virtual reality headsets, a scene with kids arguing over an arcade game, and a scene with an original Macintosh in an antique store.  My “What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015?” spreadsheet will include over 200 lines with every computer & game console I’ve heard of & some I’ve never heard of.  I’ll type a link or sentence about each kind of console or computer.  I just thought that it sounds fun and appropriate since you probably like retro games if you’re here.

EDIT: I had forgotten to mention that "Back To The Present" will air at 10 pm tonight.  I think that it's on The History Channel.  It's about the movie & predictions about 2015.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty Spreadsheet of consoles & computers available before Oct 21, 2015

Post by stathmk Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:11 am

Spreadsheet of consoles & computers available before Oct 21, 2015
    What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? BTTF2_DMC_shrunk
    This scan is from The Journal And Courier newspaper from Indiana.  So is this article about Back To The Future Part 2 day.

The Back To The Future Part 2 reunion was on The Today Show this morning.

Here’s the link to version 1 of the spreadsheet of over 200 lines of consoles & computers available before October 21, 2015.  I also list some computer games where you get to make your own levels, characters, or cars.  Right before Christmas, I will update it with pictures & more info.  This is just for fun to see what games Marty McFly could play.  Don’t take it too seriously.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty The Video Game Console Collector's Field Guide

Post by stathmk Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 pm

This book reminds me that on Back To The Future Part 2 day that I wanted to write out all of the game consoles that I knew off of the top of my head that existed.  I’m not an author of this book, but I just thought that I’d mention it.  It has over 900 photos of gaming hardware: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vgccfg/the-video-game-console-collectors-field-guide
    Sam122
    Sam122
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2020-03-05

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty Re: What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015?

Post by Sam122 Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:25 am

Interesting research
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty Back To The Future IV movie trailers

Post by stathmk Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 am

My opinion is that the Back To The Future IV movie trailers are either for a now cancelled movie or that it’s a Youtube channel where they create clever hoaxes of movie trailers.  They also have a F*R*I*E*N*D*S movie trailer on the channel.  But they are good trailers tough:

-2017 Upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu2GGUo-Mu0 (Does anybody know what language the girl is speaking if you watch from about 35 to 46 seconds?  I’m confused about if it’s supposed to be Libyan Arabic if the Libyans claimed responsibility for the stolen plutonium earlier in the trailer.)
    -2018 Upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z56JYGAeDDE
    -2021 Upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3EiqUCV5EI

Zemekis and the other makers of The Back To The Future trilogy have supposedly said that it’s a perfect movie trilogy and that they never want it rebooted.  But there’s a Back To The Future computer game and in 1991-1992 there was a Back To The Future cartoon series.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty A Delorean with less than 1,000 miles was found!

Post by stathmk Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:11 pm

-If we're talking about time travel, then I want to mention something that I think that I had heard on the radio 5 or 10 years ago.  It was about how a former Soviet Scientist claimed to have time traveled an electron's property or state back a fraction of a second.  If this is half-true, then I'm not sure what to make of it.  However, I have seen an article that Scientists have split an electron into 4 parts that I think are called majorana fermions.  Please don't ask me to try to explain or prove it.
    -On this morning's episode of CBS Sunday Morning, it was something about technology and attention spans.  They showed part of a scene from Back To The Future Part 2 where Marty McFly Junior is watching 6 channels at once.
    -A Delorean with less than 1,000 miles on it was found in a barn.  It has rodent damage.  If repaired, then it could sell for $102,000.
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/977-mile-delorean-found-wisconsin-192700316.html
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty Back To The Future Marathon

Post by stathmk Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:50 pm

I believe that it's the "E!" Entertainment Channel that will have a Back To The Future Marathon on November 16.  Check local listings.  For some reason, the order that they'll air it will be Back to The Future II, III, I, II, III, and then I.

Sponsored content

What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015? Empty Re: What Consoles or Computers Could Marty McFly Play on October 21, 2015?

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 pm