Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers

Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers  Empty Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers

Post by Andy Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 am

I'm posting this on behalf of Majik Monkee who is having problems registering here.

He is still looking for a mapper, for probably just one or two levels. Project details can be found here: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6451

If interested, reply here (omit any spaces and substitute the proper protocol): matthew md merrill [a t] y a h o o [d o t] c o m

Take that, spambots! tongue
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers  Empty Re: Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

He should be able to log in soon.  Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Majik Monkee
    Majik Monkee
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 20
    Job : Auto manufacturing
    Hobbie : Chasing around a pre-schooler...and Wolf3D.
    Registration date : 2014-08-20

Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers  Empty Re: Mutant Strike: Unfinished Business - Looking for mappers

Post by Majik Monkee Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm

I just did actually. Thanks! Not really much else to say that Andy didn't say already for me...but if you're interested or have any questions, please do respond by email, don't want things to get too messy in the actual thread! Oh, and hello to everyone, glad to see some people I know posting here already!

Oh...and those of you who haven't seen info about the project elsewhere or know anything about the mod probably think I'm a complete idiot...sorry, a little description of the project is probably in order. I've done a few mods prior to this one, this probably really will be my last, and it's a short four level project featuring BJ as the protagonist, new enemies, changed weapons and sounds, and a little bit of coding (but not much). I'll share more details with anyone who contacts me, being that it's a fairly small mod, I don't want to give away what little there is of it too soon!

"Do or do not. There is no try."

-Yoda-
    Majik Monkee
    Majik Monkee
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 20
    Job : Auto manufacturing
    Hobbie : Chasing around a pre-schooler...and Wolf3D.
    Registration date : 2014-08-20

Post by Majik Monkee Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd share some information on this project, in contrast to some of the other projects I've worked on before. It will be a little different from lots of my previous endeavors - if you've never played any of my mods, this may not mean much to you. First, here's what the mod DOES feature:

FEATURES:

- four or five levels (yet to be determined, four for sure)
    - all enemies replaced from Wolf3D (as usual)
    - all weapon sprites replaced (just the standard four tho)
    - four bosses, two former bosses tweaked to serve as "mini bosses"
    - BJ is the protagonist (it's been a while since I did a mod with BJ)
    - story screens between certain levels (of course)
    - continuation/conclusion of all my other mods (yeah...this is it)

DOES NOT FEATURE:

- stationary harmful sprites (I know some folks hated these)
    - extra weapons beyond the original four types
    - a stationary "wall boss" at the end of the game
    - zombies that "play dead" prior to the player being "spotted"

I know I posted the overview elsewhere, but here's a brief synopsis of the mod: BJ is sent on a secret mission to rescue a former OSS agent named Jill Hunter from a terrorist organization run by the mysterious "Iron Fox". He finds himself battling through a jungle camp, mines, a ruined castle, and finally the enemy headquarters, all in an effort to complete his mission before the Office of Strategic Services sends their own team. Little does he expect the horror he will encounter in the form of a deadly virus, a virus that turns both man and beast into savage animals...

Think that's enough for now!

"Do or do not. There is no try."

-Yoda-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 am