Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+4
Thomas
Ipank7000
Valts
Andy
8 posters

Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!)

WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!) - Page 2 Empty Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!)

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Well having played the originals so many times, I was thinking of the way I could play them once again to challenge myself the absolute most (yet not have it be impossible or virtually impossible), and this is the idea I came up with.

Have you beat every original Wolfenstein 3D/SoD level:

1. On I am Death Incarnate;
    2. Starting the level from scratch (pistol and 8 bullets);
    3. Without ever saving or restoring a game;
    4. Using no secrets (for extra items) besides ones that are absolutely mandatory; and
    5. In under that par time?

That is precisely the challenge I am trying in accomplish, and so far I've done it for all of Episode 4 as well as E6L1-E6L4. While Episode 6 is without a doubt the hardest episode overall, the hardest level I've come across to do this with, IMO, has been E4L8. That level is quite long for a par of just 4:30 to begin with, and it is VERY packed with resistance. In fact, I often had to use my score as a way to tell me whether or not I had left any stragglers behind that would sneak up and kill me later on. After too many tries to count, I beat it with SEVEN SECOUNDS to spare.

Part of the difficulty in that level is that you have to go a decent way it with just a pistol. While, on Episode 6, you'll see a machinegun and/or SS on each level relatively quickly, so you don't have to spend too long with just the pistol.

Now I know E4L8 contains a shortcut that lets me skip a good third to half of the level, but it is a pushwall that is not mandatory, so for me it was off-limits. Not that I'd say it would be easy even if I had used it, because there is only really one area (the red brick one) that I can skip entirely using the shortcut.

I also had to pull a strategy at the start of E4L5: knife my way through the dogs until I could reach the door, and then IMMEDIATELY close the door behind me leaving extra dogs behind. (Remember that I could not use the shotgun/ammo secret at the start, since that is not a mandatory secret.) I also had to use the non-mandatory (but non-secret) swastika-shaped room in the maze with the SS (for a machinegun), dinners, and ammo, before taking on the silver key resistance. And on E4L7 I had to go north at the start and get the chaingun BEFORE using the trick to jam the gold door with enemies. With just a pistol and fewer bullets, taking down that whole hoard and making sure I kill an enemy in the door is quite a challenge, I found. Yet in those two cases, I still managed to finish over a minute under par once I used the right strategy at the start (yes, I did E4L7 in around a minute even taking the detour to the chaingun at the start).

The other levels so far - some were easier and others tougher, but those levels in E4 represent the toughest one (E4L8) and the two most strategic starts (E4L5 and E4L7) I've come across.

Last edited by WolfForever on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!)

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 pm

I have a set of 9 save files I made for the interesting/most difficult areas of some levels in the game. There was one area that was particularily difficult because after the teleporter, the room has 4 bosses, and the doors lead to more bosses. This is when strafe-and-shoot isn't going to cut it.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Original game challenges (Now loosened somewhat with four to choose from!)

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 pm

@Forever, we're talking about The Lost Relic now.

Wizzie, how the hell were you able to survive the black cacodemons when they damage you just from being close to you? I'd be using about 1/4 of the health in the map just for killing them all.
    linuxwolf
    linuxwolf
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 160
    Hobbie : Games
    Registration date : 2011-12-25

Post by linuxwolf Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

WolfForever wrote:I did a sample video with E1L1 into a small part of
    E1L10. It has no sound but I think it just might work. I'll post a link
    as soon as I have one.

@WolferCooker Me neither. I can't believe if Dark_wizze did E6L9 without that first secret. Was it on Death Incarnate?

EDIT: Video will be at https://youtu.be/WEyzlv0S1pA

My name on YouTube is kakhome1 BTW.

This is going to be cool. Smile

Can Wolf3D/SOD be beaten without killing a single enemy except for bosses?

Last edited by linuxwolf on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 pm

So Forever found a way to upload it?

Last edited by WolferCooker on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

WolferCooker wrote:@Forever, we're talking about The Lost Relic now.

Wizzie, how the hell were you able to survive the black cacodemons when they damage you just from being close to you?
    Which level are we talking about here? For the last level, I simply killed them in an open area. Get into the mossy room for supplies, then get the heck out of there.

The black demons though were quite a nuisance on Brothers of Shadow level because of the small area I had to work with, meaning I had to get hit by it multiple times.

I'd say, the most intresting/fiercely fought areas in the game were:
    The technology level with schabbs, BJ teleporting to the center with mosnters from all sides..
    Brothers of Shadow, right after the teleporter with the fake hitler and 3 other bosses in a small room...
    And the first 60 seconds of the last level, which is quite unique in the strategy.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Question: this very short video is a huge 177 meg. Is there a way to make it smaller without losing a lot of quality? Otherwise those whole episode videos will be gigs upon gigs.

By the way, I'm not going to have time to record and upload any episodes tonight, plain and simple. I'd be happy if this just turns out acceptable. Not to mention I'd love to know how to get sound, but more importantly, control the file size better.

@Dark_wizzie My monitor is 1920x1080. Is there any way to circumvent it yet still be able to see the video?

Last edited by WolfForever on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Check the compression for Hypercam. You can make it more comrpessed at the cost of visual quality. Or you can record at lower FPS or key frames. Also, make sure you're recording at 800x600 resolution. I have a 2560x1440 monitor, recording at that will kill everything.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm talking the final level after you get the urn Wizzie. There are about 6 black cacodemons in that map. And if you wanna save ammo, you knife most of the enemies and save the ammo for the main enemies (in each corner of the map which will drop a key after you kill the 4th main one) including the final boss.

And of course those Archvilles that can still damage you even if their fiery projectile doesn't hit you but close to you too.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm

@Dark_wizzie My monitor is 1920x1080 and that is its fixed native resolution. Is there any way to lower the resolution to circumvent this, yet still be able to see the entire Wolfenstein 3D screen?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Health is more of a problem with this map at the start than almost any other map I've encountered, but at that point there are enough med-kits around. The problem is and always has b een ammo. I couldn't beat the level with the ammo in the level, and I did not attempt to knife bosses... playing at hardest difficulty, I'd have to knife way too many bosses for that. Of course, there's no way to knife the black demons either.

I remember there were, I think, 2 of those black abominations in one of the science-y areas, which was a pain because the room was small. Just sprint over them and try to have them die at a spot that will save you some hp. Luring them outside of the building structure is too hard because I ahve to be far from the monster.

What happened while I was recording was, somehow the monsters inside the final boss room were alerted and the door opened, so I killed the barrels and let the bosses out.

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

WolfForever wrote:@Dark_wizzie My monitor is 1920x1080 and that is its fixed native resolution. Is there any way to lower the resolution to circumvent this, yet still be able to see the entire Wolfenstein 3D screen?
    Depends on the Windows OS, but they are similar: Right click desktop, properties/screen resolution depending on OS, then lower it. You can try recording at windowed move if that helps. Play around with the settings - I got it to work for me, but I don't remember my exact steps.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm

The ones that would really be a pain for me are those black cacodemons, the Archvilles, and the fiery barons. You can still get damage from them even though you're safe from projectiles when tucked in a corner.

Of course this excludes those cursed Heretic bulls armed with Thor Hammers.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Actually I figured out resolution: I must use the DOSBox resolution. That is a more reasonable 800x600. Captures the screen perfectly. I'm going to upload a copy of basically the same video with that resolution.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

WolferCooker wrote:The ones that would really be a pain for me are those black cacodemons, the Archvilles, and the fiery barons. You can still get damage from them even though you're safe from projectiles when tucked in a corner.

Of course this excludes those cursed Heretic bulls armed with Thor Hammers.

The red dude with the chaingun is also problematic because he shoots so quickly without warning. Archvilles are OK in a large arena like the final level. The flames bounces around. If they miss, they'll bounce torwards you, so just dodge that.Or, you could have the Archville behind one of the table/chair things near the corners of the the levels, I find it's easy that way. Fiery barons are annoying, but alone they are a cakewalk. The Thor hammer dude is quite annoying... Black cacodemons, yes, they suck.

The final boss wasn't all that hard, all things considered.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm

BTW my first video is watchable now! Go to the link mentioned above! Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

I honestly modified the end of that level one time to add Nordenfelt (MCS MK4), Rocket Launcher, and Blitzgewehr ammo to make it a bit easier to beat.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm

When the 800x600 version is done it will be at https://youtu.be/nQecJjSNWCI

Please tell me what you think! Smile I hope the lack of sound doesn't spoil it. Do you know how to the sounds of Wolfenstein to go properly into the video?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 pm

@Forever, the video didn't show up yet. Your E6L9 video that is.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Youtube videos needs a bit of time to process.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Video is test on E1L1 into E1L10. Not E6L9, that will be later. I'll televise episodes and/or levels as I do them assuming interest remains.

I want to verify (especially when the 800x600 one is done) that the video is watchable (i.e. sufficient quality). You'll see me do E1L1 on hard, going as fast as I can, and leaving for E1L10. Then you'll see me die at the start of E1L10 and play briefly into it from a scratch start.

In the meantime, I was still able to watch the video with the botched resolution. Does it play acceptably? I definitely want to make sure I have this down (and there's interest) before I try to televise all of Episode 1.

Last edited by WolfForever on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Ugh... that's right. I forgot.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Well it seems you're getting the hang of loading up videos on Youtube, Forever.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Right now the questions are:
    1. Does the video play acceptably?;
    2. Do you know how I can get it to have proper sound?;
    3. If not, does that spoil the video or do you think it'll still be interesting to watch?; and finally
    4. What do you think of this test video?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Well your first video didn't have sound and was windowed, but the quality is great.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

It's here! (The version with correct resolution)

https://youtu.be/nQecJjSNWCI
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Well then is no sound a show stopper or nothing big to be worried about? Hopefully the later. Smile Though if you have an idea to the solution please share it.

Anyways, all commentary on these test video would be welcome! Smile It's all I'm going to have done before going to bed tonight.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm

MUCH better. You're catching on quick.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Well I'll comment on it once you get E6L9 up whenever it comes.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Why no sound? Check the sound tab.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Now as far as The Lost Relic goes, Wizzie, I honestly modified the final level one time to add a little Nordenfelt (MCS MK4), Rocket Launcher, and Blitzgewehr ammo to make it a bit easier to beat.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

First of all, is the no sound a show stopper in your view? I'd like to fix it, but if it isn't, I won't worry too much.

E6L9 will be some time. It's the last level. Expect full episodes before that.

Now there's just one wild card: I hope those people who are obsessed with copyright can KEEP THEIR F*****G MOUTHS SHUT and not spoil any of the experience!

EDIT: @Dark_wizzie: I played around in the sound tab. It just wouldn't record. I hope either you have a solution, someone else has a solution, or most easily we can agree it's no show stopper.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm

That's all Forever is going to do for the day Wizzie. He'll take care of it soon.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Forever, it ain't gonna be us that'll ruin the experience. It'll be other trolls outside of the known Wolf3d community here.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

WolfForever wrote:First of all, is the no sound a show stopper in your view? I'd like to fix it, but if it isn't, I won't worry too much.

E6L9 will be some time. It's the last level. Expect full episodes before that.

Now there's just one wild card: I hope those people who are obsessed with copyright can KEEP THEIR F*****G MOUTHS SHUT and not spoil any of the experience!

EDIT: @Dark_wizzie: I played around in the sound tab. It just wouldn't record. I hope either you have a solution, someone else has a solution, or most easily we can agree it's no show stopper.
    I don't recall having sound problems... you can try Googling it if you want.

It's not copyright, it's fair use and nobody has a right to take your video offline. Just saying.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

It's not copyright, it's fair use and nobody has a right to take your video offline. Just saying.

Not always true. Even with disclaimers, videos still get taken down. For the best chance of them not taking it down, you gotta manipulate your video in some way such as mirroring it or adjusting the sound pitch.

But iD doesn't seem to have problems with Wolf3d walkthroughs.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 pm

WolferCooker wrote:

Not always true. Even with disclaimers, videos still get taken down. For the best chance of them not taking it down, you gotta manipulate your video in some way such as mirroring it or adjusting the sound pitch.

But iD doesn't seem to have problems with Wolf3d walkthroughs.

Only from trolls, and that happens very rarely. He's not monetizing the videos. He's definately fine.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I know Forever's in the clear, but there's always that possibility. I've seen plenty of videos, manipulated or not, taken down due to copyright infringement. Apparently the more hits you get, the better chance of someone who decides to be a dickhead show up and complains to the admins.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Well I hope WolferCooker is correct that I'm in the clear, I know Lingyan203 did the game with no comments or manipulation, he's popular, and he's okay.

Though @WolferCooker What makes you know I'm in the clear?

Need to get to sleep now though! Overnight however I'd like to know for sure if that sound is a showstopper. I really hope it isn't, or someone has the solution.

All being said, I hope this catches on and you can see all six episodes eventually! Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 pm

WolfForever wrote:Analyzing E6L9, allowing only the first secret which is legitimately mandatory if starting with just a pistol on hard:

There are 188 bullets in that first secret. And there are 87 enemies (one is the boss, so 86 normal enemies). Each normal enemy (none are a dog) drops four bullets. That's 86x4=344 bullets from normal enemies. And I start with 8 bullets. So the total ammo I would get in that level if I restricted myself to just that secret would be 8+188+344=540 bullets. I need about 90 to get the boss.

That means I have 450 bullets for the enemies. Divided by 86 is a little over 5 per enemy.

That will be tough, but I know every enemy in the game that isn't a boss can be killed with five shots. And not every enemy is an SS (which takes the most). To be exact, there are 27 SS. So there are 60 enemies that aren't SS, but again one is Fatface. So really there are 59.

It is realistic to kill a brown guard or Officer with 3 shots. So 3x59=177 shots. And for SS, 5x27=135 shots. Add that up, and I need 312 shots for normal enemies. Add Fatface, and I need around 400 shots to beat the level leaving no one alive and never using a knife. Which means that I have 540-400=140 bullets to spare.

I can probably safely (and in a sane manner) save about 10-20 shots without much cost to my health using a knife, so that's now 150-160 bullets to spare.

I'm for it.

Now I just hope it's not a lot harder than it sounds (it probably will be).

Once you pass the first two rooms, you're in the clear... Let's not forget, killing all the enemies was never required. Don't forget, SS hog up bullets and move slowly. I think I should be able to avoid killing a good 3-5 SS by running around the boss room. (Unless that is another one of your goals?) No mutants, so it's clear sailing once you beat the trickiest part, which ironically is the start, not the boss. The boss is a joke. Good luck... I only finished the level under your limitations... with save files and without doing the first 8 levels. If you make it without using the secret, THAT would actually be quite worthy of a Youtube video to watch.

You're in the clear because there is no basis to remove the video. You are not even profititing off the videos, which still isn't reason enough to remove your videos, actually. So you're beyond safe. You will barely get any views, so you're safe from trollers, which in itself shouldn't really be required because many videos have high view counts and no problems with trollers. There are tons and tons of game playthroughs posted on Youtube, which are all legal and legit. You would be the last legit video people would bother targeting even if they could, in which they couldn't because it is fair use.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

I think it'll be plenty exciting when you get to watch me play one of the later episodes, all at once, following my rules. Maybe E4 will be the first one I do (since I already have completed it by myself successfully). E6 is definitely last though. That's going to be the toughest, I'd say even about those E2 mutants.

The no sound - I just don't think it should be a show stopper, but I'd like to know for sure, or have a solution if possible.

(Well technically, Spear of Destiny would be last, but main talk here is focusing on Wolf3D episodes.)

Last edited by WolfForever on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Well I haven't seen any Wolf3d walkthrough videos get taken down. Some have been on Youtube since it first started.

The only thing Wolf3d related that got taken down as far as I know was a Doom-like eerie remix of the "Wondering about My Loved ones" song. I really liked that version of the song and I added it to my Youtube favorites. About a year later after discovering it, it got taken down due to multiple 3rd party violations.

I should've converted that song to MP3 when I had the chance.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Good to hear WolferCooker. Smile I'd say if Lingyan203 can get away with it so can I. He's way more popular than I'm ever likely to be.

Now just if I could have a solution to that sound thing or know if any of you think no sound will spoil it...I hope it doesn't, don't see why it would given my goal is to speed play and sound in the video doesn't affect that, but I'd like to know unless someone can get me a fix.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Well I haven't seen any Wolf3d walkthrough videos get taken down. Some have been on Youtube since it first started.

The only thing Wolf3d related that got taken down as far as I know was a Doom-like eerie remix of the "Wondering about My Loved ones" song. I really liked that version of the song and I added it to my Youtube favorites. About a year later after discovering it, it got taken down due to multiple 3rd party violations.

I should've converted that song to MP3 when I had the chance.
    There was that remix by Wolfmutant that I liked, he's gone though, Crying or Very sad

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Popular within the Wolf3d community. Not so much as an individual person with a Youtube account. Youtube Poops and video manipulations bring out decent hits now a days.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah, nobody is going to get any decent amount of views looking at Wolf3d nowadays. Just not gonna' happen.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Well Wizzie there are some versions of Wolf3d/Doom/Duke Nukem/Hexen/Heretic music that I like best in IMF format.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah those Wolf3d Youtube hits are probably ones from our generation at the youngest.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Well Wizzie there are some versions of Wolf3d/Doom/Duke Nukem/Hexen/Heretic music that I like best in IMF format.
    Most of them I prefer in Mp3. But I won't exactly listen to IMFs on my playlist next to my flac!

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm

How do you even convert IMFs to MP3s? I look for a converter on Google, but they don't have any decent ones. I would assume I'd have to record it all manually to get what I want.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Ehh, IMF is such an obscure format. Any MP3 recorded will be very bad quality... essentially it would only be to be able to play it with your mp3 player software. I get picky wiht my sound quality.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am