Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Floors and Ceilings.

Tragos2d
    Tragos2d
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 140
    Job : Pouring gasoline on fires.
    Hobbie : Talent is so unpopular...
    Registration date : 2011-07-06

Floors and Ceilings. Empty Floors and Ceilings.

Post by Tragos2d Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Is it really necessary to make source code changes when enabling multiple floor and ceiling textures?
    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=1575

If I'm running Wolf3d with the latest Wolf4SDL and after using Chaosedit to enable the 3rd plane should'nt floors and ceiling textures now be available? I'm on vacation this week so I thought I'd experiment with Wolf3d. I'm still messing around with ROTT but decided to take a small break from it.

Does any Wolf modder out there prefer the DOS wolf code over SDL versions? SDL is great but it feels very different from the original release.
    Tragos2d
    Tragos2d
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male

Floors and Ceilings. Empty Re: Floors and Ceilings.

Post by Tragos2d Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Okay what I asked didn't really make sense. This may clear things up.

I am confused as whether you need to change something in WolfSDL or the actual Wolf3d code itself to enable floors and ceilings. I only want my stock Wolf3d to have floors and ceilings. I can't handle the bland colors anymore! The link above is dated back from 2003 so it's safe to assume that Wolf4SDL did not yet exist. The post from Diehard Wolfers plainly writes that you are modifying the Wolf3d source, but with the advent of Wolf4SDL it seems a bit redundant.

Bloodshed Dev-C is my IDE of choice ATM. Visual Studio is great but its very bloated and I hate the excruciating long installation. When I search for snippets of code nothing is returned? If the Wolf source doesn't play nice with DevC I can try something else. What does the community generally prefer?
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 pm

In version.h, you must uncomment this line:
    Code:
    //#define USE_FLOORCEILINGTEX // Enables floor and ceiling textures stored in the third mapplane (see wl_floorceiling.cpp)
    And build all, of course. That might be all you need in Wolf4SDL. Just to be sure, "see wl_floorceiling.cpp"

I prefer Dev-C++. It works in Windows 98 and compiles EXEs that run in Win98.

BTW, the .DEV project file for Dev-C++ may not have all the files added. You may need to add the floorceiling.cpp file. Others like the wl_atmos.cpp and wl_cloudsky.cpp may also not be in there.
    Tragos2d
    Tragos2d
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male

Post by Tragos2d Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks again Andy! cheers

I won't be able to try this out until Thursday when I'm back home. I love DevC because its both lightweight and free. Heck even the most lax netbook can run it but I don't enjoy those tiny 8.9 inch screens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am