Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Is Suicide or Choice?

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Is Suicide or Choice? Empty Is Suicide or Choice?

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Here is a different perspective about suicide for you to think about.

People that commit suicide are not cowards.It takes a certain amount of bravery to kill yourself. I dare you to do it right now. If you're still reading, you didn't. One may argue that the pain is so bad leading to a suicide to the point that suicide takes no bravery. But it does. I may argue that a coward may continue to live, to get bashed around, clinging onto a sliver of hope, and continue to get bashed and bashed.

Suicide is not selfish. One decides when to die, it should be a right for everybody. Nobody has a right to tell a person when to die. When you tell others not to die, to a certain extent you are pushing your ideas on them. And for what? So they can live for a while then die. Because everybody dies.

In life, you do whatever you see is fit, you decide what to do with yourself. If that requires suicide, so be it. Now, suicide is not something you snap out of. You don't tell a person who stepped on a grenade and had their leg blown off to 'walk it off'. Neither would you tell a veteran with PTSD to 'man up'. Depression is a mental disorder. All organisms were made and designed to want to survive. To go against that would be perverse, and abnormal. It means you have a mental disorder. Therefore, suicide is not a choice, because you decide to kill yourself under the influence of the mental disorder.

And you know what? It makes sense. Eventually, a bit far off, but way sooner than you will give credit for, your life will pass by and you will die. When you die, nothing matters. You won't be alive to feel content for whatever you have done. It's nothingness. Nobody will remember you existed. Nobody will care. There are no higher plans. Humans are animals, and animals live to reproduce. You've had your chance. Now is the time to die.

"Here's the reality though: Survival is an illusion. I'm not going to survive, and neither are you. We enjoy stories with happy endings because it gives us the illusion that the characters live happily forever. It's a form of denial. Humans do whatever they can to not have to admit that their lives are coming to an end. Every single moment you're alive puts you one step closer to the grave. You are literally dying RIGHT NOW. With this is mind, why do people feel it's so important to fight the inevitable?"

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Tragos2d
    Tragos2d
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 140
    Job : Pouring gasoline on fires.
    Hobbie : Talent is so unpopular...
    Registration date : 2011-07-06

Is Suicide or Choice? Empty Re: Is Suicide or Choice?

Post by Tragos2d Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Very insightful. One thing that has always bothered me is that most people assume death is a horrible experience. I'm not talking as if you die some slow horrible way filled with bouts of suffering and violence, but the actual moment itself you pass on. I suppose it's human nature being afraid of the unknown but since we know nothing about death what rationally can we fear?

Killing yourself is not a solution for ending pain. You can argue that existence itself is painful but pain helps remind us that we are alive right? Living itself is only a perception or are in fact we already dead and only don't know it? I firmly believe the end is not in fact the actual end of life. I consider myself agnostic but open minded to a wide variety of ideas if they make sense. The Universe whether its finite or infinite both lives and dies as it's own entity. By reversing any of that process you get life, see where I'm going with this? An empty void of nothingness can never exist because energy can only be transformed. Even at the beginning of the universe when everything was still, comic fluff (particles or whatever you'd like to call it) jump started the chain reaction resulting in the big bang. What caused the reaction? Fate? God? Chuck Norris? Ancient Humans? We will never know but if we did would we like the answer? Likely not... The point is that whatever exists now will exist again. Space and time are not relative so either we are existing in a million billion multiverses at the same time living and dying, or we simply wait until we are born again. If you put a number to the likelihood of that happening it would be an astronomically large number, but if the universe infinitely lives, dies, and restarts then it's only a matter of time. Hopefully we don't perceive time when we are dead. Smile If so that's one horrible waiting line... Think of it like this if we are only born to die then whats really the point of ever existing at all? On the cosmic scale we are not even a grain of salt!

Back on topic..... Final thought....

Suicide is an irrational thought caught up in human emotion during a time of great distress. Ending your life to save others is just but to end your life for no other reason than your own is a dreadful waste. Brave or not suicide is a VIP ticket into the unknown. If you are so sure what awaits beyond could be better, then just do it. The planet's already overcrowded. Sorry if this sounds harsh but suicide is such a pathetic thing. Suicide CAN be a choice but its always a bad one.

Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 491
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post by Akuul Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:Here is a different perspective about suicide for you to think about.
    Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Akuul Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:Here is a different perspective about suicide for you to think about.
    Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Akuul Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 am

Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Akuul Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 am

Suicide is the love of his work

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:26 am

Suicide is debated a lot in the Christian religion. Some Christians think if someone commits suicide, they go to Hell. Some Christians think if the person is a Christian who is mentally ill and commits suicide, they go to Heaven. Some Christian think if the person is a Christian and they are sane and commits suicide, they go to Heaven.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm

jpb6891 wrote:Suicide is debated a lot in the Christian religion. Some Christians think if someone commits suicide, they go to Hell. Some Christians think if the person is a Christian who is mentally ill and commits suicide, they go to Heaven. Some Christian think if the person is a Christian and they are sane and commits suicide, they go to Heaven.
    I think that doesn't answer the question posed by the thread title...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 am