Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard)

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard) Empty Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard)

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 am

I have noticed that out of the mods that have recolored Wolf3d browncoat guards, I have never seen someone attempt to make an Allgemeine version of them. I've seen Heer, Wehrmacht, green, and blue versions of them already.

We all know WSJ made versions of guards including the Allgemeine version, but his set is based on the original design of the guard in The Lost Episodes and NOT the original Wolf3d.

In order to not to confuse his version from mine, I marked the helmets on each of the sprites that have the guard facing towards you.

I have finished 11 of those 49 sprites so far and this set will be released to the public to use for future mods.

Here's is what you will be seeing.

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard) 89_bmp10
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard) Empty Re: Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard)

Post by Thomas Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:19 am

I'm a huge fan of WSJ's work, especially in regards to the realistic approach he's taken with these guards. I've always found it strange that he uses LE guards and sprites over the original ones. I don't know why. But if that's the way he works best, why not.

Yours look great, though. But I think that the guard from the DHWTC looks a lot like this - only with glasses or whatever it is on.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard) Empty Re: Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard)

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 am

You mean this guy?

Allgemeine guard (recolored browncoat guard) 1_bmp11

I think he's wearing night vision goggles, though I think it's unrealistic in WWII.

Anyway, yeah WSJ is an all pro with Wolf3d. I love his sprites. But it's shocking to me he didn't make an Allgemeine (browncoat) guard seeing as he recolored the original SS and officer in his Coming of the Storm mod. Maybe he didn't for a reason.

UPDATE: The second rotating set of the Allgemeine browncoat guard is finished. It's all coming along nicely so far.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Sorry for the double post, but here's another update.

I have one more rotation of sprites to recolor before I finally wrap it all up with the attacking and dying frames. Progress is between 66% and 75%. Some of the sprites may look like the colors are not in their proper places if you look closely, but overall they are looking nice.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Triple post madness.

Guard pack is done and released. It's in the Wolf3d Dome once Brian gets it up there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am