Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

How do I get rid of SDHelper.dll errors?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1786
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

How do I get rid of SDHelper.dll errors? Empty How do I get rid of SDHelper.dll errors?

Post by stathmk Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:25 am

I’ve gotten the SDHelper.dll error before these 2 times.

In the last few days I was playing a computer game and the SDHelper.dll error window popped up and processes were frozen. I had to do [CONTROL][ALT][DELETE] to try to exit out of everything. I noticed that things were still wrong partly because I couldn’t turn off the computer from the start menu probably because processes were frozen. I had to turn off the computer by holding down the on/off button.

I was on Facebook today and I had gotten the SDHelper.dll error again. Then the same things happened.

Has anybody else gotten this annoying error on Facebook or any other web sites? Does anybody know how to fix this? In the meantime, I'm going to look at technical help web sites and see what’s going on.

Screen shot of error.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1786
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

How do I get rid of SDHelper.dll errors? Empty It’s almost definitely caused by Spybot Search and Destroy

Post by stathmk Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm

It’s almost definitely caused by Spybot Search and Destroy unless another program produces an SDHelper.dll file.

Friday after the error, I ran Spyware Blaster, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6, and then Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2.

Here’s one way to fix it: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/sdhelper.dll.html Here’s one way to fix it for web sites like cnn.com: Enabling IE Browser Helper SDHelper.dll:
    http://www.herongyang.com/Windows/Spybot-Enable-IE-Browser-Helper-SDHelper.html or you could use a search engine for advice that might be different.

Click on the small binoculars icon at the top of the screen while doing a spyware scan in the later versions of Spybot Search and Destroy to play a game like the knight in Chess.

I posted the same question on a different organization’s message board and somebody told me to try http://forum.aumha.org . I’ll try that next time.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:27 pm