Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s)

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s)

Post by Schabbs Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 am

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s)

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Spear_060

As promised, Steve has released a new End of Destiny level (or 2? 3???) for this Christmas! So far, I've played a lot of level 1 and it looks quite promising. As with the original EOD game, it requires a lot of thought to beat. It's available on AReyeP and MCS; Wolfenstein3D add ons - Newsdesk. Also available here.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty 3 Levels

Post by stathmk Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 pm

I've beaten all three levels yesterday.

The second level is the most difficult of the three and I would say that it's the most fun. If you know where to look, you can find a missle launcher and a God-mode power-up on level 2.

For level 3, turn around in the elevator and press the switch for a pushwall with some hidden goodies. Also, when you open the elevator door, you can then step back from the two missles that are flying at you and then step backwards to an angle where they won't hit you.

In one room on level 3, there are 6 missle launchers. I opened the door at the right time, and I had gotten to see two missles blow up 2 Nazi cops using some sprites that I had never seen before.

I killed all the bosses that I saw on level 2. I had 100% kills for levels 1 and 3. I also had 100% of the secret passageways for levels 1 and 3. There's a surprise at the end of level 3. I don't think that I want to give anymore secrets of the levels away.

Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, and Happy Boxing Day. santa Deer
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty Re: End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s)

Post by Dean Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Ummm, if you only beat 3 levels then you didn't find them all...! Very Happy Exclamation ;p
    If you use the power up items smartly it is possible to get 100% of everything on all levels. Cool

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty What? A Secret level!?

Post by stathmk Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:53 am

Dean wrote:Ummm, if you only beat 3 levels then you didn't find them all...! Very Happy Exclamation ;p...
    What? A secret level? Or do you mean the level from 2007? I've beaten the level from 2007.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty Re: End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s)

Post by Dean Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Yes, there is a secret level in the 2008 levels. Smile
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty Secret Passage

Post by stathmk Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Dean wrote:Yes, there is a secret level in the 2008 levels. Smile
    I went to where MapEdit indicates that there's a secret passageway to the secret elevator. I tried pressing against the wall and it didn't work. I must not be doing something right. I wonder, I just wonder if I have to get all the other secret passages first for coding reasons!?
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:01 pm

AReyeP said there was a pushwall missing in the version posted Dec 22. He uploaded new maps on Dec 26 but this later version has a vswap.bak file instead of vswap.wl6. I've emailed AReyeP about it. Not sure if the missing pushwall is for the secret level access though.

http://www.areyep.com/RIPandMCS-Newsdesk.html

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

End Of Destiny Christmas 2008 Christmas Level(s) Empty Pushwalls

Post by stathmk Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Schabbs wrote:AReyeP said there was a pushwall missing in the version posted Dec 22. He uploaded new maps on Dec 26 but this later version has a vswap.bak file instead of vswap.wl6. I've emailed AReyeP about it. Not sure if the missing pushwall is for the secret level access though.

http://www.areyep.com/RIPandMCS-Newsdesk.html
    Thanks, Schabbs.

My first problem was that I had to flip a hidden switch to make a wall move behind the pushwall that goes to the exit.

My second problem was that I can't get to the elevator key to the secret level. The elevator key is in a jail cell. Maybe that was the pushwall that was missing?

Now I'm up to 100% kills, 81% secret, and 100% treasure for the second level. I think that redownloading it will help somebody get to the secret level.

In Spear Resurrection, which was also made by AReyeP and MCS, the Hiroshima Boss level has the weirdest way to get to the secret level. You have to shoot a torch or candle until you can walk through it. I never would have guessed that. At least this secret isn't as difficult to find as the secret on the Hiroshima Boss level.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 pm

There was no other Vswap file in the zip so i just changed its extension from a .bak to a .wl6 file and everything worked perfectly for me. This was the only version I downloaded and played so I'm not sure whether the fix was related to accessing the secret level or not sorry.
    The new version available at AReyeP's website certainly works if you follow the above mentioned method.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm