Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament

Poll

Hot or not?

[ 0 ]
    Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Bar_left0%Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Bar_left0%Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    Poll closed
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Empty Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament

Post by Thomas Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:54 am

After messing around with DOS, initially briefly with shareware Wolfenstein v1.0 I accidentally made a map, but as v1.0 was riddled with bugs I migrated to shareware Wolfenstein v1.2 - and I made another map. And then I made another... You get the idea. I had so much fun using MapEdit 7.2, don't think I ever used it properly to be honest. Furthermore, it was fun to play around with DOS for the first time in I don't know how long. Also managed to change a few music chunks, add one or two new graphics; it's been great fun.

It's called The Old Testament and it took me only ten days. Thanks to Gerolf for beta testing. It can be grabbed here (until James uploads it over at Wolf Source...)

Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament 4z63vbu
    Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament AWheR9y
    Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament BLRkhrW

What it really is it just a map set with a few (nearly invisible) changes thrown in. Not meant to follow Episode 1 every step of the way, but definitely very seeped in it due to the natural limitations of shareware v1.2; after having had more or less free reign in a number of mods, it was also fun to work around the restrictions. You get a different angle, creatively.

Have fun! And tell all your friends at all available Wolf3D outlets such as:

Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament 1MgH7Wd

Last edited by Thomas on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ToMi
    ToMi
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2021-03-29

Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament Empty Re: Wolfenstein 3D: The Old Testament

Post by ToMi Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:07 am

WOW, that's great! Can't wait when I'll finish my first mod lol.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm