Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Mod makers who plagiarize any more will be banned

stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Mod makers who plagiarize any more will be banned

Post by stathmk on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 am

Plagiarism is a fine line to cross.† Itís a waste of the time & resources of the one doing the unauthorized work & of the time of the ones playing the mod.† It can only ruin the reputation of the ones copying the ideas.† When in doubt, ask permission for maps, code, layouts, graphics, sounds, music, concepts, or etc.† Please credit where youíve gotten the intellectual property for your mod.

It would be a waste of Brianís time if he were still the webmaster of The Wolfenstein 3D Dome & putting the copied mods online. †Itís a waste of my time when I put the mod on Wolfenstein Goodies or of Tristanís time if he were to put the mod on The Wolf Front.

That having been said, I have had a chat with Dark_wizzie, the other Wolf 3D Haven moderator.† We have decided that anybody who still plagiarizes any more mods, especially where we can tell where it came from, will be banned from The Wolf 3D Haven.

If you are uncomfortable with your mod still being on The Wolfenstein 3D Dome, Wolfenstein Goodies, The Wolf Front, or a Wolf 3D Haven thread because itís plagiarized, outdated, or whichever, then contact us & weíll see if we can take it down. †Contact me if you suspect that somebody is copying your intellectual property in your game.

stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Maps made by people other than ID Software

Post by stathmk on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:39 am

I received another weird, confusing message.† It was about if itís OK to plagiarize maps made by people other than ID Software.† No, itís not OK & it doesnít help.† Mod makers who still plagiarize will be banned from The Wolf 3D Haven & Wolfenstein Goodies.

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:21 pm