Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki

Poll

Rate the game:

[ 1 ]
    Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_left33%Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_left33%Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_left0%Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_left0%Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 3
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki Empty Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons, by Kuki

Post by WolfForever Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:13 pm

This is Kuki's only other release, besides Weltuntergang. Despite it post-dating the former, I think it seems inferior, and not because of the fact that it's only 10 levels (in fact, I didn't consider that at all). Why? I rage-quitted on Level 4 due to the difficulty! There are SS everywhere, very little ammo is given, and the SS have reverted to only dropping four ammo again (like in the original), unlike the six in Weltuntergang. The knife is back down to its usual strength too. I found it simply became an exercise of way too much corner-stabbing. That said, I may have quit too soon so I'll still give it Average and please don't let my comments bias yours.

NOTE: Quite some time back, Kuki asked for this to be removed from the Add-Ons list on the Dome for some reason like he thought he was supporting real violence or something. For us who properly understand games and their purpose, that is obviously nonsense, and with the author quite clearly out of the Wolf3D community I hardly feel it's even worth giving a second thought to. It can still be downloaded from Add-Ons: Awarded (July 2003) or the initial news item anyways and I encourage you to do so if you want to play this.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 am