Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Thomas
stathmk
6 posters

Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines Empty Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines

Post by doomjedi Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm

On Keen forums they actually listed the more important mods in a common timeline (with a few parallel universes) related to the main hero (BJ in our case), so one can play the mods in their "timeline"-order of BJ history, as one story of BJ split into many mods...

Can someone attempt to do such with Wolf3D? Taking hints in plots of mods as a base?

Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines Empty Re: Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Here is my timeline.

Regular timeline: World War II 3D, SOD, Wolfenstein 3D, RTCW, Wolfenstein 2009, Wolfenstein RPG, Spear Ressurection, End of Destiny, Wolfenstein 3D Endgame, Amazing Grace.

In the regular timeline the Nazis were experimenting with time also. I actually believe the lost episodes take place in an alternate future. I use to not think so, but now I do. Then there is Wolfenstein 2009. In RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009, Hitler was alive. Hitler must have been ressurected.

When you think about it, Wolfenstein 3D uses futuristic technology. It is almost as if the Nazis had connections with Lucien Judas who is the Antichrist in Doomsday. Could Lucien Judas have been supplying the Nazis with these weapons? It sounds like a great conspiracy theory. Maybe Lucien Judas was not supplying the weapons. Maybe it was the 1946 Triad that was going into the future to get the weapons. The Triad could have been getting weapons supplied to them by future SS from Doom II. Another theory is that the Triad could have been getting the weapons from the Harbinger of Doom in Wolfenstein RPG. I will go with the third theory.

Alternate timelines that happened due to Nazis experimenting with time: Wolfenstein 3D Ports, SNES, and Macenstein.

World War II 3D takes place in different years. It is a spin off of the Wolfenstein series. It is also a prequel and sequel to the Wolfenstein series.
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Eliminating the games that jpb6891 mentioned just to promote his own work, the games that don't use the Wolfenstein 3D engine (no RTCW/Wolfenstein 2009 here!), and also giving no call to Lost Episodes since they stink, here is the real timeline:

SoD, Wolfenstein 3D, Spear Resurrection, End of Destiny

jpb was right however in putting SoD before Wolf3D, yet Spear Resurrection after. It's clear if you read the readme (with the talk about using the spear to resurrect Hitler, that means he's already dead, thus Wolfenstein 3D has already taken place). And of course since EoD comes after SR it comes after Wolf3D by definition.

/me makes yet another pitch as to how badly we need a stable SDL port of EoD...MCS or Andy, do you hear me?
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

I know Totengraeber takes place in 1942 and The Final Solution in 1943 if I recall right.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

I think if we timeline mods that aren't either clearly stated as a sequel or retelling relative to the original Wolf3D/SoD, then they must fall on their own timeline, and mod B must be clearly stated a sequel to mod A, etc. for them to be on the same timeline.

On that topic, I know the following officially follow the same story as the original Wolf3D:
    -Wolfenstein Sextilogy (except no Nocturnal Missions)
    -Conflict in the Fatherland
    -Wolfenstein Reloaded (but this needs to be SDL, really)
    -Thomas' Wolfenstein 3D, though Thomas needs to verify this as official, I'm just guessing since the author is still on these forums and thus can verify it.

And this parallels the original SoD storyline:
    -SoD Reloaded

Anyone know of any other mods or mapsets that officially have the same story as the original Wolf3D/SoD?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines Empty How I imagine the timeline including some of the games

Post by stathmk Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Wolfenstein 3D episodes 1 to 3 were made in 1992. Wolfenstein 3D episodes 4 to 6 and The Spear of Destiny episode 1 were made in 1993. I thought that Spear of Destiny Episodes 2 & 3 were made by FormGen in 1994. In episode 3, you don’t go to Hell for the last level, but you kind-of time travel to a Doom level.

Apogee’s advertising had a message of something like, “Historian’s note: Spear of Destiny takes place before the six episodes of Wolfenstein 3D.”

Over the years, somebody said that the reason why William Blazkowics was kidnapped by the Nazis in episode 1 was because The Nocturnal Missions take place first, then he’s kidnapped for questioning in episode 1 for killing Nazis in those prequel episodes. Or maybe you care to imagine it that way.

I imagine that if I were to make an unofficial timeline including some of the games then it would be somewhat like this:
    1. The unfinished Secret of Eridu in Sumerian times,
    2. (Deleted)
    3. Laz Rojas’ Wolfenstein 3D episodes 4-6 with 2 extra levels,
    4. Then Spear of Destiny episode 1,
    5. (Then if you think it’s worth your time, Spear of Destiny episodes 2 & 3 come next except for the time travel on the last level),
    6. Then Laz Rojas’ Wolfenstein 3D episode 1 in the WolfenDoom Original Missions file
    7. Then Thomas’ mod with only episode 2 changes (I can’t remember the name of it),
    8. Then Laz Rojas’ Wolfenstein 3D episode 2 to 3 with in The Original Missions with 2 extra levels,
    9. Spear Resurrection (1946),
    10. Spear End of Destiny (1946?),
    11. Rise of The Triad: Wolfenstein 3D Part 2 (If JPB actually made this, then I’ve forgotten to play it),
    12. TUTNT (The Ultimate Torment 'N' Torture) WolfenDoom secret level
    13: Then Laz Rojas’ Egyptian “The Portal” for Doom 2,
    14. WolfenDoom Astrostein 1,
    15. WolfenDoom Astrostein 2,
    16. WolfenDoom Astrostein 3,
    17. Then that last level of Spear of Destiny episode 3,
    18. Possibly Amazing Grace if JPB insists that it’s the final one with Blazkowics,
    19. Project X in the future in Japan,
    20. The Megaman games in the future
    21. The Doom 2 secret levels in this link because they are in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=M0TxqldtWKs&NR=1
    22. Then the Wolfenstein 3D in Doom 3 levels which I haven’t played yet,
    23. The Wolfenstein 3D Rage Easter Egg,
    24. ...and then finally AReyep and MCS’ WolfenDoom.

I didn’t include Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Wolfenstein 2009 because I haven’t had time to play them yet. If I’ve forgotten to include your game in this timeline, then it’s because I haven’t played it yet, or fitting the game on a timeline hasn’t entered my mind.

Edits: There's Skulltag episodes 2 & 3 for Doom 2, but I don't know if they have Wolfenstein 3D Easter eggs. There's an extra Doom 2 episode in some sort of Playstation 3 or X-Box 360 version, but I don't know if they have Wolfenstein 3D Easter eggs. I've forgotten to include the Wolfenstein 3D E1L1 level mod for Rise of The Triad. Oh, well.

Edits #2: Sorry. I just re-read and you typed, "Anyone know of any other mods or mapsets that officially have the same story as the original Wolf3D/SoD?" Now I know you meant only World War II theme mods.

Last edited by stathmk on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I had forgotten some things.)
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Big list there, think it deserves a response:

1. Never heard of what you're referring to.
    2. I can't support including this one for reasons that should be obvious.
    3. It would just be the Wolfenstein Nocturnal Missions. Much more straight forward to understand than Laz Rojas' stuff.
    4. This is definitely before the Original Missions, but I'm not sure if it's before or after the Nocturnal Missions.
    5. Hit the nail on the head that these aren't really worthwhile at all, but from a technical standpoint it is possible. However, I only know where they fit relative to the original SoD; I cannot be sure where they fit relative to either mission set in Wolfenstein 3D.
    6 thru 8. The Original Missions, put simply. But why would E2 be Thomas' replacement for it (was individually called "Eisenfaust Overdrive") rather than simply the original E2?
    9. Story starts in 1945 post-killing of Hitler, I think. Otherwise this looks right.
    10. Not sure if it's 1946 yet but it's right.
    11. I thought all parallels to Wolf3D were eventually stripped from this.
    12. I know that easter egg but I don't know what timeframe it takes place in, or if it's really meant to have a story at all. Plus I doubt you actually turn to BJ.
    13 thru 16. Not familiar with timing of Laz Rojas' sets except the direct remakes of the originals.
    17. Yes this is obviously some type of portal to the future, you've got Doom graphics and UAC logos. BTW Barry Christian's "Armageddon" also has a "portal to the distant future", which is its last level (Level 60). Then the story brings you back from the future at the start of the sequel (The Road to Neushwanstein).
    18. Technically, but very unofficial IMO. It most certainly comes BEFORE 17 however.
    19 thru 23. Don't even think you are actually BJ in these. They are all just "easter eggs" of one type or another.
    24. Sounds correct though I'm not sure these are after the last Lost Episodes level. The story begins with "The year is 1993". In fact I know Level 60 of Armageddon is set later than this (at least 2000).

My order, requiring BJ involvement, would have to be (brackets indicating I know they come before anything past the set of brackets but do not know the order of the bracketed items):

[3, 4, 5, 6 thru 8], 9, 10, 18 (however 18 is very unofficial), [17, 24, Armageddon Level 60]
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 am

"My" Wolfenstein 3-D is simply a new map set, meaning that the "plot" or whatever is the exact same as the original Wolfenstein. I plan on making a Spear set too, but whenever that will be I don't know.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines Empty WolfForever

Post by stathmk Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 am

WolfForever:
    1. The ancient Iraqi Sumerians invented the oldest written language in the world that we’re able to translate. It’s somewhat like Arabic grammar to my understanding. Eridu was a city in ancient Iraq. Zechariah Sitchin wrote books that aliens came down to Iraq disguised as gods, taught them writing, and etc. People either really love his books or really hate his books. Secret of Eridu: http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t449-secret-of-eridu
    2. I’m sorry if I’ve offended you for mentioning this game.
    3-24. Thank you for commenting.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

No you didn't offend me with 2, I was just anticipating a possible reaction from doomjedi, especially since it's now known under a completely different name/story. Everything's fine. Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am

Oh, when SONDER became EISENFAUST ORIGINS? Yeah, that was a bold move. But it worked, indeed! Best mod ever.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by doomjedi Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 am

(you keep referring to posts, and I can't find the posts you refer to...who mentioned sumerians or Sonder and where?)
    ...anyway...what kind of a reaction you want?
    In general - I prefer people not to mention "Sonder", unless it's really unavoidable.
    Especially as it has nothing to do with BJ timeline.

WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 am

It is no longer in the post because I caught it and pointed it out to stathmk immediately.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Roberto!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

I only count Spear Resurrection and EoD as canon to the Wolf3d timeline.
    lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by lilmanjs Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm not sure if any mods take place after 1948 and involve BJ. At least I've not played any that are after 1948 and include BJ. So I'd have to say Final Fight if included would be the last in the storyline, unless EoD takes place after that, but I can't remember if it does or doesn't.

Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines TeamAardwolfV2PNG
    Wolf3d - Wolf3D modding BJ Timelines 57046cfmlabelbar
    Mods being worked on:
    The Mutant Uprising, Final Fight 2
    Mod ideas:
    Stargate SG-1 addon, Mega Man addon
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    The Mutant Uprising, Ghost
    Mods being worked on with other people:
    Return to Castle Hollehammer with Raziel A. (Karharis)
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:46 pm