Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    Religion

    Share

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 am

    First topic message reminder :

    Hi, wuts dis?


    Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 8 times in total



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by WolferCooker on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:04 pm

    To each his/her own, Wizzie.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

    I'm not going to be so lenient on people that believe stupid things. They are stupid, period and I actively ridicule people that fit into my criteria of retardation, and I refuse to associate myself with people that go past a threshold of stupidity.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 am

    ... So... You say religion takes away a lot of freedom, I dig that. But saying shit like that really makes you no better than them. Just let things be. Voice your opinion all your like, but don't get pissy if everybody else don't take to it.

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 am

    Have to agree with Thomas, voice your opinion and come up with good arguments. That will convince people a lot more than getting all mad over this. Makes you look like a child. And some will never listen and keep spouting their own ridiculous arguments because they are full of fear of imaginary demons. You shouldn't get mad about stuff like that, because that is actually just kind of sad. Fear that has been instilled in this person to ensure he stays Christian. That is the whole concept of the devil.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 am

    And just because it's funny: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Religion

    Post by Guest on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am

    Satan was trying to convince me that I was not a Christian when I really was a Christian. I will give the Wolfenstein series and Doom series this, at least they showed us who the real enemy is. Satan is the real enemy. I am convinced that William Joseph Blazkowicz is a Christian. If ID Software does not call him a Christian then I do. I am so glad that Amazing Grace SDL is part of the Wolfenstein and Doom universe. Amazing Grace confirms that BJ is a Christian.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Have to agree with Thomas, voice your opinion and come up with good arguments. That will convince people a lot more than getting all mad over this. Makes you look like a child. And some will never listen and keep spouting their own ridiculous arguments because they are full of fear of imaginary demons. You shouldn't get mad about stuff like that, because that is actually just kind of sad. Fear that has been instilled in this person to ensure he stays Christian. That is the whole concept of the devil.
    I do. I bring up arguments against their religion. They tend to end up either saying A) I don't care if their beliefs are true (meaning they have serious problems) or B) Science is full of crap and I know better (meaning they have serious problems). I'm not 'just as bad as them'. If a guy comes in, worships a flying space unicorn and wants to legislate laws because of his beliefs, are you going to 'just let that happen'? Maybe if he is just one guy. But if he has acceptance, that's a problem. Shit goes down because the majority believes in sky daddies, but more importantly (impact-wise), they believe this sky daddy has rules. And people will vote and act based on those rules/ That's not a harmless bigfoot thing.

    It is not the same thing backwards. It's not the same for a unicorn worshipper to ridicule me for not believing in the unicorn compared to all the other normal people for ridiculing them.

    Why, I think I have a right to be mad at the religion that crippled my friend. I have a sex-phobic religious friend. I have a right to be mad at the religion he believes in and his mother that indoctrinated him. I'm not mad at him because he's not "spreading the (good?) news". But the people that think I deserve hell, that is saying I deserve a fate worse than rape, murder, or basically any other phyiscally or psychological horror I can ever endure. Would you be insulted if a guy said you deserved to be raped? I think I have a right, not only a right, but a good reason to be mad at people that believe this way.

    The ones that don't think I deserve hell are at odds with the bible, meaning they live a contradiction. But that is way better than the "Eric is a piece of shit and deserved the worst possible fate possible". Yeah. That makes me mad.

    What is my threshold for stupidity? Not only do you have to be religious... You have to think either A) Science is full of shit in general B) Believe in mass conspiracies C) Think world is 6000 years old D) Think I deserve hell. That's a pretty high threshold for stupidity right there. Just being religious isn't enough for me to go crazy. But also fitting in another of A to D means you're full of shit. Either shit replaced the brains in your head, or you seriously hate me. There you go. I don't go ballistic on random Christians.

    The pope, for spreading HIV, or people, for saying I deserve hell. Those types of people piss me off. The other ones I tolerate. No, I'm not "as bad as them".



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 pm

    Thanks for posting those clear arguments, Eric. That was what the first post needed.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:27 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:Satan was trying to convince me that I was not a Christian when I really was a Christian.

    Was he talking to you? As in you heard his voice? Or did you have feelings you didn't understand and blamed those on Satan? Try to be a bit more concrete.

    I will give the Wolfenstein series and Doom series this, at least they showed us who the real enemy is. Satan is the real enemy.

    These games are made for pure entertainment, and are not something you should base your life philosophy around.

    I am so glad that Amazing Grace SDL is part of the Wolfenstein and Doom universe. Amazing Grace confirms that BJ is a Christian.

    So if I should make a mod where BJ is an atheist, does that confirm BJ as an atheist?



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by WolferCooker on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm

    The pope, for spreading HIV, or people, for saying I deserve hell. Those types of people piss me off.

    I for one do not think the Pope is a zealot. True Christians like the Pope are supposed to love (getting along-wise) one another regardless of how different they are from them, thus the saying "Love Thy Neighbor". Like every religion, Christianity does have its share of flaws too, but it's the right-wing evangelicalists (Tea Partiers) that contradict what true Christianity is all about. I mean it's fine with me for them to believe in what they want to believe in, but they have been trying to bring religion into Government which is a recipe for disaster. Colonists broke away from England and formed the 13 original colonies before 1776 because of that, though it was on a much larger scale. There is a REASON why there is a separation of church and state in the U.S. Government, and THIS is one of them.

    On top of that, the Tea Partiers discriminate others that are not one of them which DOES NOT make them true Christians.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    The pope, for spreading HIV, or people, for saying I deserve hell. Those types of people piss me off.

    I for one do not think the Pope is a zealot. True Christians like the Pope are supposed to love (getting along-wise) one another regardless of how different they are from them, thus the saying "Love Thy Neighbor". Like every religion, Christianity does have its share of flaws too, but it's the right-wing evangelicalists (Tea Partiers) that contradict what true Christianity is all about. I mean it's fine with me for them to believe in what they want to believe in, but they have been trying to bring religion into Government which is a recipe for disaster. Colonists broke away from England and formed the 13 original colonies before 1776 because of that, though it was on a much larger scale. There is a REASON why there is a separation of church and state in the U.S. Government, and THIS is one of them.

    On top of that, the Tea Partiers discriminate others that are not one of them which DOES NOT make them true Christians.

    Christianity preaches loving the neighbor and not discrimination?
    ...Have you read the bible at all? Or do you just listen to what many Christians say?

    And do you also claim that my claim is false?



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by WolferCooker on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 pm

    I'm just stating my opinions just like you Wizzie. Just don't go claiming them as fact.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:55 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm just stating my opinions just like you Wizzie. Just don't go claiming them as fact.
    So you have not read the bible.
    It is full of mass murder, rape, slavery, witch killing, and the like. Christianity had its own genocidal phase, it's own "my god is better than your god" phase, etc. They had it all. The people that are Christians today are not the Christians people would have accepted as Christians long time ago. Christianity wants to stuff science into a garbage bin and slow its progress, but fails every time. More and more, Christianity has to give on its positions that were found incorrect or immoral. Christanity is an evolving religion. (Which is very ironic considering the nature of religion.) Basically, we beated Christianity into a smiling, happy religion otherwise it won't be widely accepted in America. Give them absolute power, hell on Earth would happen.

    Regardless, they still take the words of the bible as holy, and those words are anything but. Everyone convieniently forgot about the extremely immoral things in the bible. And works very well, considering most atheists are polled to know more about the bible than Christians. I don't think a single Catholic friend of mine knows what the Pope did, or the rape in the bible.




    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    NostalgicAlgorithms
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

    Number of posts : 10
    Age : 31
    Registration date : 2012-04-18

    Re: Religion

    Post by NostalgicAlgorithms on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Religion thread turned to gay thread. Make a gay thread if you want. Question: Support gay marriage or not?

    I thought it was a good topic to bring up in a post about religion. Since Religion is at such great odds with these types of people. I do not follow any organized religion so the question of supporting gay marriage is not debatable for me in the first place since I believe marriage has nothing to do with religion. Marriage is between two people that love and care for each other. Simple and end of story.

    Religion still has this attitude that people of different gender identity or sexuality have a sickness or disease much as they continue to have this impression that science tries to disprove their belief in God and all the miracles and magic that exists in the world.

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Classify The Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group

    Post by stathmk on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am

    I think that the almost schizophrenic Westboro Baptist Church is appropriate for the religion section. After Fridays Elementary School shooting, I was thinking of several deep things. Im reading this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Im almost ready to sign this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    .

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Religion

    Post by Guest on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

    Westboro Baptist Church does not show the love of Christ at all. They even protested Glenn Beck's Restoring Love. Beware of false prophets that come to you in the form of sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are wolves. Westboro Babtist Church is a hate group. I doubt the government of that church is saved. This includes the workers and congregation.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:01 pm

    Somebody needs to crucify all members and sympathizers of the Westboro Baptist Church with a dagger ass first. Fuck 'em. They're the reason why some people view the religious part of the United States as being twisted and extreme. They're the ones who get more media coverage. And while I think jpb6891 says some things I do not necessarily agree with every once in a while, I'm sure he's a peaceful Christian practicing his religious beliefs without any hatred or force. The Westboro crowd is as extreme as the Taliban, Hizb ut-Tahrir or any other extreme Islamist group. All religious orthodoxy in this degree is one of the very few things I support a direct ban on.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:32 pm

    Glenn Beck is as full of shit as Bill Oreilly/Megan Kelly, but no matter how stupid, what bad effect they have on the intelligence of the American people, at least they're not off killing people.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by WolferCooker on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 am

    Separation of church and state guys. Things have gotten real extreme over the past decade.

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 am

    With regards to the Westboro church, an interview with the estranged son of Phelps: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dr.Zin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 am

    I have to say that I don't particularly agree with the 'Militant Atheist' doctrines of many mainstream atheists, including the renowned (and still generally very sensible) Richard Dawkins. To take the moral high ground over bible thumping means to be passive unless they begin thumping it directly at you, which means no holds barred at that point. As a passive atheist, I enjoy watching the bible thumpers make idiots of themselves, but as a generally passive person, I am not going to go out of my way to contradict them at every move. I believe that through rational thinking and introspection, any reasonable human being will come to the conclusion that there is no intelligent designer.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have to say that I don't particularly agree with the 'Militant Atheist' doctrines of many mainstream atheists, including the renowned (and still generally very sensible) Richard Dawkins. To take the moral high ground over bible thumping means to be passive unless they begin thumping it directly at you, which means no holds barred at that point. As a passive atheist, I enjoy watching the bible thumpers make idiots of themselves, but as a generally passive person, I am not going to go out of my way to contradict them at every move. I believe that through rational thinking and introspection, any reasonable human being will come to the conclusion that there is no intelligent designer.
    Dawkins isn't a militant atheist... People usually mean that to say an atheist that says there is no god with 100% certainty. I think Dawkins is a bit reserved when it comes to bible bashing... He's into what's true, and ridiculous beliefs should be treated as such. Then we have too many religious moderates making this seem taboo.

    Religion has affected a few of my friends in negative ways - I just wish it never existed. Ironic how a book centuries ago affects people that never read the book but believe in what the book says without knowing what it is they are believing in...



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dr.Zin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm

    If you enjoy reasoning and debunking I strongly recommend looking up James Randi. He was the one who blew Peter Popoff out of the water.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

    I already know the guy. Smile



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    I've met James Randi

    Post by stathmk on Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 am

    Peter Popoff, James Randi, Johny Carson, and a younger Barbara Walters are in these videos: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Edit: This episode of Nova is from the 1993-94 season.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I already know the guy. Smile
    I've seen James Randi when he spoke at Butler University in Indiana 4 years ago. Part of his presentation was about Sylvia Browne. During the question and answer session, I raised my hand and I was called on. I said, "I have a joke. Sylvia Browne says that she's a medium. She's actually an extra large." Randi and the audience laughed. Then Randi said that they call her "The claw" because of her fingernails.

    Dark_wizzie, I was wondering what you thought about this video at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this one on Darkmatter2525: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this other one on Darkmatter2525: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and/or the May 21st, 2013 episode of Dr. Phil about a cult: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Maybe at least comment here while the Dr. Phil video is still up. If you go to the video at the bottom of that Dr. Phil page, Doug Perry gets very stupid and very offensive.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Peter Popoff, James Randi, Johny Carson, and a younger Barbara Walters are in these videos: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Edit: This episode of Nova is from the 1993-94 season.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I already know the guy. Smile
    I've seen James Randi when he spoke at Butler University in Indiana 4 years ago. Part of his presentation was about Sylvia Browne. During the question and answer session, I raised my hand and I was called on. I said, "I have a joke. Sylvia Browne says that she's a medium. She's actually an extra large." Randi and the audience laughed. Then Randi said that they call her "The claw" because of her fingernails.

    Dark_wizzie, I was wondering what you thought about this video at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this one on Darkmatter2525: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , this other one on Darkmatter2525: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and/or the May 21st, 2013 episode of Dr. Phil about a cult: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Maybe at least comment here while the Dr. Phil video is still up. If you go to the video at the bottom of that Dr. Phil page, Doug Perry gets very stupid and very offensive.

    Well hello there. Still working on the revision to my book.

    Regarding first link: I'm not sure, I'd like to see more tests done. It'd be pretty fail for me to go around claiming that only to have its methodology/etc flawed. We want to make as few assumptions as possible. Regarding the Doctor Phil link: Somehow 'cult' has a negative connotation. Although I see cult almost as essentially, a new, less respected religion, I think the mistrust in cults is well-placed because people that voluntarily join a cult despite the negative connotation would tend to be more fundamentalist and extreme. Whereas you have the millions upon millions of Christians that are Christian partially due to culture and social acceptance, whatnot.

    But it's kind of interesting, isn't it, to see religious people recognize some religions are kook.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Dr. Phil

    Post by stathmk on Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

    Take your time to watch the Dr. Phil video of the ending of the episode. I thought it was 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I think that you didn't watch it yet or you'd be very offended too. How is Doug Perry not in prison or a mental institute?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Religion

    Post by Guest on Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm

    Dr. Phil is a christian. I do not know the situation, but calling someone an enemy is not showing the love of Jesus at all. Beware of false prophets that come to you in the form of sheep's clothing when in reality they are wolves. Doug Perry is a false prophet and not a Christian. Westboro Baptist Church is not a christian church either.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

    Oh no, they are Christian. Just because you don't agree doesn't make them non-Christian.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Religion

    Post by Guest on Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 pm

    False teachers have gone out in the world. These false teachers are not Christian. The false teachers are of Satan. Doug Perry supported Satan when he made that comment. He has no idea he supported Satan. Jesus preached love. Doug Perry does not preach love. He preaches hate which comes from Satan.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu May 23, 2013 1:11 am

    Leave the dogma out of it. If they think they are following Jesus, they pretty much are Christians. Tons of Christians call others nonChristians. Every Christian worship their own version of the god. I'm not making a billion groups of people neither am I going to categorize them into 'devil worshippers' because you say so.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 am

    The are many religions, many Gods, endless definition of what God is and what wants, endless people and books (with endless and pretty random and manipulative interpretations) trying to teach us about who God is, whom he loves, whom he hates, what laws does he want to obey, what makes his day, and what ruins his weekend. God seems to have agents, speakers, local representatives, weekly magazines...
    Everything seem to be very human-originated, non-consistent, non-rational, disproven by science, not spiritually inspiring or advancing in most cases, copied from other sources......

    It's ok if this illusuon makes you happier...
    But if it makes you see the world in dual form, believe in Satan, divide the people to Satan people and God's people....maaaaan......

    I'll quote "Rocky 1"

    "- It's a living......
    - It's a waste of life!"

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    Last edited by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu May 23, 2013 1:47 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The are many religions, many Gods, endless definition of what God is and what wants, endless people and books (with endless and pretty random and manipulative interpretations) trying to teach us about who God is, whom he loves, whom he hates, what laws does he want to obey, what makes his day, and what ruins his weekend.
    That last bit cracked me up.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Thu May 23, 2013 2:43 am

    I LOVE EVVYBODY EVVYWEAR. Peace off! alien

    Atina
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Female
    Number of posts : 102
    Age : 26
    Hobbie : Nitpicking
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

    Re: Religion

    Post by Atina on Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 am


    Ave Satan!

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ave Satan!
    Pay my dues when I'm playin' in a rockin' band... Right?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 11:34 am

    Boy, you're growing up so fast...soon you'll meet the world....it's complicated, my son, the world is complicated....it's full of ideas, it's built on ideas, ideas are the building blocks of this world...people buy them (most of them buy them without any critical thinking and in a frozen/ready to heat and serve form without need to add own thinking to it, they don't even know any good and valid question - yet they are looking for answers (and please make those fast, simple, final, easy, black and white), they think this is all about answers....but everyone has his own answers (smarter ones - have more than one), and noone really knows shit about which is right, people think they know shit - but they don't know shit, noone knows any better than you, my son about the shit he sells and preaches, trust me - nomatter how inspiring and confident he looks and what he wears, and how much he raises his voice or how much students he has, or money, or power, we are all fools, this is a masquerade of fools, game of clowns and only those who accept this can be GREAT in this clown form of art and even clown to take example of, the rest is just ego), sell ideas, promote, blame, hate.......alot of people gonna try to sell you alot of different shit - material shit and mind shit. If you wanna stay sane - develop a "bullshit filter" like I did...took me alot of time, you need to clean it from time to time from all the shit that sticks to it....learn critical thinking...learn religion to know better than those trolls outthere who try to sell it to you....

    If there is one thing I found out, my son - is that noone really knows nothing here, and so do you...but knowing that - you already know more than most of them...so they are not smarter than you, we all are just rabbits in the fog meeting and hitting each other, like billiard balls. The rest - is brainplay, and a braingame.

    DoomJedi.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Thu May 23, 2013 12:46 pm

    WTF did I just read.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 12:56 pm

    M. A. in Life.
    Took more over 30 years to write those lines and to understand that.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Thu May 23, 2013 1:12 pm

    Old and wise 34-year old dudes like you maybe don't realize that not everybody leads the same kind of life. Sure, that advise you gave (complete with "my son" and the whole shebang) may apply to some, but I didn't get it at all. It just sounded like some bitter old cynic line from an action movie or some shit.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

    Well, what can I say? Thank you for reading, thank you for the sincere feedback.
    It's my M. A., not yours Smile

    I'm responsible to my words - not for the way them seem or might seem to you, or anybody else. After all - only I truly know the state and intention of those words I wrote in a form of me preparing my future child to this confusing world.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Religion

    Post by Thomas on Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm

    Well, hats off to you, sir...

    I wrote an M.A. in life once but I traded it for a bottle of Jack. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Religion

    Post by doomjedi on Thu May 23, 2013 1:37 pm

    The Jazzrabbit? Very Happy

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Greek? Roman?

    Post by stathmk on Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    jpb6891 wrote:I am so glad that Amazing Grace SDL is part of the Wolfenstein and Doom universe. Amazing Grace confirms that BJ is a Christian.
    So if I should make a mod where BJ is an atheist, does that confirm BJ as an atheist?
    I sometimes wanted to make a Greek mod where Blazkowicz is replaced with a Greek like Achilles from The Iliad, Ulysses from The Odyssey, or Jason from Jason and the Argonauts. This Greek pagan or Julius Caesar would fight Greek monsters and a tyranical god or goddess in a Spear of Destiny clone for relics. Then I could say that Wolfenstein 3D is old paganism. Praise Zeus! Ya gotta love old time religion.

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    His weekend?

    Post by stathmk on Thu May 23, 2013 5:10 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The are many religions, many Gods, endless definition of what God is and what wants, endless people and books (with endless and pretty random and manipulative interpretations) trying to teach us about who God is, whom he loves, whom he hates, what laws does he want to obey, what makes his day, and what ruins his weekend.
    That last bit cracked me up.
    His weekend? Why would a God need to rest once a week? I once saw a church sign of, "God wants full custody. Not just weekend visitations."

    If you type in "Children's letters to God" in a search engine, then some of them are hilarious. One of them is, "Dear God, My favorite Bible story is about Noah on the ark of animals. Where did you get all of those great ideas for all of those stories you made up?" So apparently this kid thinks that The Bible is fiction written by the hand of God!

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Fri May 24, 2013 2:38 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    TrueAtheist and Darkwizzie teaming up to bring non-religious pwnage on a cartoon game forum. Lol.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Dr. Phil talks about a different cult on Tuesday

    Post by stathmk on Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 pm

    I think that those of us with access to American television should maybe watch the Tuesday, June 4th episode of Dr. Phil and comment on this thread. Its about a different cult and this time a man says that hes the Son of God!? How many half-siblings does Jesus have? There are other sons of God in Genesis Chapter 6. There are cults in Britain, Russia, America, Brazil, China, and The Philipines where men say that they are the Son of God! Its always the Son of God, but never Gods third cousin twice removed!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    TrueAtheist and Darkwizzie teaming up to bring non-religious pwnage on a cartoon game forum. Lol.
    I'll have to finish reading it later.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:19 am

    That thread died, lol. Fear not, book second edition coming soon.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

    Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Age : 44
    Location : Australia
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

    Re: Religion

    Post by Dean on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 pm

    Hmmm, my post seems to have disappeared for last week....



    The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Response to another Dr. Phil cult episode

    Post by stathmk on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think that those of us with access to American television should maybe watch the Tuesday, June 4th episode of Dr. Phil and comment on this thread. Its about a different cult and this time a man says that hes the Son of God!? How many half-siblings does Jesus have? There are other sons of God in Genesis Chapter 6. There are cults in Britain, Russia, America, Brazil, China, and The Philipines where men say that they are the Son of God! Its always the Son of God, but never Gods third cousin twice removed!

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    TrueAtheist and Darkwizzie teaming up to bring non-religious pwnage on a cartoon game forum. Lol.
    I'll have to finish reading it later.
    I typed that wed post about the June 4th episode of Dr. Phil about a cult. Its a rerun. Its about Curly Thornton at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . On the web page, they dont mention that on the show that Thornton was an alcoholic, womanizer, wrote bad checks, and on about 100 pills a day. He had less than 100 followers. He ran for governor, and for President of the United States in 1992 against George Bush Sr, Bill Clinton, and H Ross Perot!* You havent heard of him because he had 58 votes! At the beginning of the show, Dr. Phil compared Thornton to Warren Jeffs, David Koresh, Jim Jones, and possibly Charles Manson.

    People need a moral conscious or empathy instead of a religion. Read about the archaic cruelty and violence at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . The show didnt notice or didnt care to mention that Jesus is not peace-loving:
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. -Jesus in Matthew 10:34-37 KJV

    What Ive just typed and the 2 links sum up the show.

    *I was 12 when George Bush Sr., Bill Clinton, and H. Ross Perot ran for President. I saw on the news at that time that there were 260 to 265 people running for President as write in candidates in 1992! Pat Buchanan might have been one of them. I dont know if that was the year that crazy Pat Robertson ran for president.


    Last edited by stathmk on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Religion

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:52 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:52 pm