Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods?

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods? Empty Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods?

Post by Per-Scan Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Why is it that some keys are hard-coded and not bindable in either the menu or some kind of config file? By hard-coded keys I refer to things like in Project X (A masterpiece in my opinion!) the M and R keys are mapped to the Map and Reload functions respectively. I would like to remap them but there is no way to do this. This seems to be the way of all mods I've tried with extra keys. Is this just a limitation of the original source code or something? Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods? Empty Re: Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods?

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 am

Per-Scan wrote:Why is it that some keys are hard-coded and not bindable in either the menu or some kind of config file? By hard-coded keys I refer to things like in Project X (A masterpiece in my opinion!) the M and R keys are mapped to the Map and Reload functions respectively. I would like to remap them but there is no way to do this. This seems to be the way of all mods I've tried with extra keys. Is this just a limitation of the original source code or something? Smile
    Now that I think of it, I think you're right. Anybody else notice this? I remember Project X and Spear of Dreams having extra buttons, non of which are mappable.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods? Empty Re: Why Are Some Keys Hard-coded into Mods?

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 am

I think Eisenfaust Origins should be on that list too. The secret weapon you get has an alternate firing button which is X instead of your desired primary firing button.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm

WolferCooker wrote:I think Eisenfaust Origins should be on that list too. The secret weapon you get has an alternate firing button which is X instead of your desired primary firing button.
    I never got the weapon so I forgot about it. Sad I did get a few levels unlocked though.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 pm