The next project for Wolf3d that I am working on is Wolfenstein Never-Ending (Or WNE, for short.) This is a mod with tons of coding and new textures and such. It will be very much story driven. I spent a long time working out the story of the game. I already posted an introduction to the story at the Epic Poems section of this forum. (No point in telling you the whole story, or there is less incentive to play the game.)
This mod will take so much time to make, I don't even want to think about it, right now.
Call me overambitious, or whatnot, but I'll try my hardest to get all the coding up.
I still need some graphical help...You can't teach a person to be a master sprite drawer. I need someone to help me get alllll the sprites, objects, floors, ceilings, walls, etc, into place. Ideally from the same author, so the tone is consistent throughout the game. Here is my list of (hopeful wishes?) for coding. (Note that I will be implementing the code, or I plan to.)
• Ability to make very large levels. By that, I mean, levels that are at least four times as big as a regular level. Such levels are required to do a level such as the Storming of the Six Bases, where there are essentially 6 levels in one.
• More guns than the regular guns, this one is a no brainer. Now, I gotta get into specifics for this one. Some guns are only available for a limited period of time, as either the story wouldn’t make sense or the weapon becomes irrelevant. There is the Advanced Machine gun, which is a machine gun that uses different bullets, and do extra damage and have extra accuracy. There is a standard replacement to the standard 4 weapons found on Wolf3d and Sod. For knife, the knife is replaced by a Remnant called the Debaser, which is a silent, no noise weapon. The pistol gets replaced by Twin Akimo Lugers and the Broken Butterfly. The chain gun gets replaced by the Venom gun, the Advanced Machine gun, and the Boss’ chaingun, one that never jams. In addition, there will be the Spear used as a weapon, and a Particle Gun. The weaker version is the Particle Accelerator. The stronger version is called the Particle Cannon. There will be a energy weapon as well. The weakest is the energy pistol. Then it quickly gets replaced by a Plasma Rifle. This does moderate damage, yet it fires fast and it’s fire can be spread around effectively to mow done a lot of regular soldiers. Next up is the BFG 9000, ofcourse. Then comes the Lechuzfaust, an energy weapon that is so powerful, it can one hit ko a tank. And it can blow apart some obstacles required to be destroyed to pass a level. There will be a flamethrower. The weakest type is a regular flame thrower, and the flame moves nice and slow. The stronger version is an “Air Flame Thrower”, a flame thrower whose flames can move very fast. A quick surge of this, and the whole area can get enclosed by flames. Very dangerous in close quarters. There will be shotguns. Shotgun ammo are more difficult to find than any run-of-the-mill bullets, but they are more powerful. The weakest version is the regular Shotgun. Then comes the Double Barreled Shotgun. Next comes the Supreme Shotgun. This shotgun is so powerful, it tears a whole through a regular enemy. That’s right. Also, when used on a stronger enemy, the enemy sometimes get temporarily staggered, unable to fight for a split second. Then, there are the snipers. Snipers are actually useful in this game. The weakest sniper is the “sniper”. It is so average, it doesn’t even get a name. Then comes the FG-41, a sniper rifle. It can fight with or without a scope. Finally, comes the OmniSniper. It’s attacks can one hit ko a chaingunner if done right. It has almost infinite shooting range. Finally, there are the rocket launchers. The weakest is the regular Panzerfaust. Then comes a special experimental bazooka. Then, the atomic missiles. The atomic missiles have incredible blast radius, so for the sake of not dieing, do not ever use these in close quarter combat!!!
• One thing different about this mod is the fact that “long range” weapons actually do some good. The coding will be done so that damage is just damage, and damage is relative to how far the enemy shoots at the enemy. Nothing new, right? Well. Some weapons have higher spread than others. You will never, ever want to do a long range battle with a chaingun. You will miss 100% of the time. You will want to use a sniper. However, a sniper is not a very proficient short range weapon, because it has a long reloading time and short amounts of ammo per clip. Suppose I don't get this implemented, I'll ditch snipers in the game altogether.
• Once again, there is that close range melee weapon that instant kills many enemies without making a noise. Extra points are awarded for this.
• Ability to have way more than 21 levels on a Sod SDL mapset.
• All the different enemies, walls, textures, objects, and doors you can think of in your spare time.
• Directional sprites.
• Ability for enemies to slow down time.
• Some enemies can do AoE, meaning that the attack is so great that it can hit BJ no matter where he is inside the level.
• Different music in one level.
• Mp3 music in the levels or cutscenes.
• Teleporting enemies
• Destructible objects.
• Armor, to prevent too much damage from being received.
• Enemy weapons and such matches the speed, accuracy, of weapons BJ has.
• Special scenarios in secret levels. One idea is to have a level in which BJ has to guard a fortress from enemies for as long as possible, while good battle music is played to pump up the action. More ideas to come.
• Teleport, Death, God Mode, Fury, Regeneration, Life artifacts are back, fresh from Eod.
• Aardwolf signs found in the hardest to find secret areas.
• Time limit and objectives requiredto finish some levels.
• Ability to hold all the static objects, enemies, and such.
• Ceiling and floor textures used.
• Different sprite, doors, etc based on the location of the mission.
• Pictures with text to show "cutscenes".
• New loading screen, with a style very similar to that of RTCW.
• Engine tweaked to allow crazy animations and over the top moves.
• Ambient sounds that change for different levels or even different areas in a level.
• A good jukebox
[*] Like the feature on Project X, the map feature.
• All the regular SDL features
• Cheat mode is only unlocked AFTER the player finishes the game honestly, once!
• One new game mode unlocked after the main storyline is finished.
• Gun bobbing that’s not too unrealistic.
• Switches, activators, all that good stuff.
• Portable medkits
• Food only restores up to maximum of 60% hp, Dog food, 30%. Medkits, 100%
• Up to 200% hp, and 250 ammo.
• Special enemy that cannot be killed. The enemy deals as much damage as possible to defeat BJ, but after time’s up, the enemy dies.
• Shading for far away areas. The darkness effect will be different based on the level. On some levels the shading effect is completely non-existent. And implemented realistically.
• Nazi backup after some Nazis are killed.
• Enemy attacks that can go through walls and hit BJ behind a wall or static object.
• Recoil has a real toll.
• Ability to play the game with a numberpad.
• Special Challenge mode after the player finishes the game. In this mode, there are limited saves. If the player needs to stop playing and resume playing at a later time, the player may quicksave a game.
• Dense foggy levels on a few areas.
• Enemies that can revive dead enemies.
• Enemies that can summon new enemies.
• Attacks that can paralyze BJ, reduce the benefits of health and armor items, or instantkill BJ
• A main menu with video in the background, like RTCW select difficulty level screen.
• A credits list after the game is finished!
[*] Possibly water in some levels
• More intelligent enemies. Some duck and shoot, some stay behind to surprise you.
• Some dialogue between Nazis. As in Tokefnpad. (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?)
• You can see the bullets being fires at you.
• The bullets fired at a wall will have bullet holes in them. (Only when it makes sense).
• Able to change volume of music, enemy sounds, etc.
• Display message area, such as “Picked up a medkit”.
• Bosses actually have a back to them now, like regular enemies.
• Endart, Inart, all the arts you can think of…
• Syringes that heal hp over 100%
• Ability to have ground static objects on top of regular objects. For example, an enemy walking across grass with an ammo clip on it.
• Some missiles or attacks try to lock onto the player.
• More than normal amount of save slots.
[*] Some interesting stuff that I can't mention just yet.
Right now, I think all the normal levels will have low quality music, while special scenarios will have Mp3 music. If you want good music, you spend time to download. Go to sleep while it downloads, or whatever.
My first goal is to make a game at least somebody would enjoy. Let's get to that.
Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 4 times in total