Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Wolfenstein Never-Ending - Page 2 Empty Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:11 am

First topic message reminder :

The next project for Wolf3d that I am working on is Wolfenstein Never-Ending (Or WNE, for short.) This is a mod with tons of coding and new textures and such. It will be very much story driven. I spent a long time working out the story of the game. I already posted an introduction to the story at the Epic Poems section of this forum. (No point in telling you the whole story, or there is less incentive to play the game.)
    This mod will take so much time to make, I don't even want to think about it, right now.
    Call me overambitious, or whatnot, but I'll try my hardest to get all the coding up.

I still need some graphical help...You can't teach a person to be a master sprite drawer. I need someone to help me get alllll the sprites, objects, floors, ceilings, walls, etc, into place. Ideally from the same author, so the tone is consistent throughout the game. Here is my list of (hopeful wishes?) for coding. (Note that I will be implementing the code, or I plan to.)

Coding Suggestions for WNE

• Ability to make very large levels. By that, I mean, levels that are at least four times as big as a regular level. Such levels are required to do a level such as the Storming of the Six Bases, where there are essentially 6 levels in one.
    • More guns than the regular guns, this one is a no brainer. Now, I gotta get into specifics for this one. Some guns are only available for a limited period of time, as either the story wouldn’t make sense or the weapon becomes irrelevant. There is the Advanced Machine gun, which is a machine gun that uses different bullets, and do extra damage and have extra accuracy. There is a standard replacement to the standard 4 weapons found on Wolf3d and Sod. For knife, the knife is replaced by a Remnant called the Debaser, which is a silent, no noise weapon. The pistol gets replaced by Twin Akimo Lugers and the Broken Butterfly. The chain gun gets replaced by the Venom gun, the Advanced Machine gun, and the Boss’ chaingun, one that never jams. In addition, there will be the Spear used as a weapon, and a Particle Gun. The weaker version is the Particle Accelerator. The stronger version is called the Particle Cannon. There will be a energy weapon as well. The weakest is the energy pistol. Then it quickly gets replaced by a Plasma Rifle. This does moderate damage, yet it fires fast and it’s fire can be spread around effectively to mow done a lot of regular soldiers. Next up is the BFG 9000, ofcourse. Then comes the Lechuzfaust, an energy weapon that is so powerful, it can one hit ko a tank. And it can blow apart some obstacles required to be destroyed to pass a level. There will be a flamethrower. The weakest type is a regular flame thrower, and the flame moves nice and slow. The stronger version is an “Air Flame Thrower”, a flame thrower whose flames can move very fast. A quick surge of this, and the whole area can get enclosed by flames. Very dangerous in close quarters. There will be shotguns. Shotgun ammo are more difficult to find than any run-of-the-mill bullets, but they are more powerful. The weakest version is the regular Shotgun. Then comes the Double Barreled Shotgun. Next comes the Supreme Shotgun. This shotgun is so powerful, it tears a whole through a regular enemy. That’s right. Also, when used on a stronger enemy, the enemy sometimes get temporarily staggered, unable to fight for a split second. Then, there are the snipers. Snipers are actually useful in this game. The weakest sniper is the “sniper”. It is so average, it doesn’t even get a name. Then comes the FG-41, a sniper rifle. It can fight with or without a scope. Finally, comes the OmniSniper. It’s attacks can one hit ko a chaingunner if done right. It has almost infinite shooting range. Finally, there are the rocket launchers. The weakest is the regular Panzerfaust. Then comes a special experimental bazooka. Then, the atomic missiles. The atomic missiles have incredible blast radius, so for the sake of not dieing, do not ever use these in close quarter combat!!!
    • One thing different about this mod is the fact that “long range” weapons actually do some good. The coding will be done so that damage is just damage, and damage is relative to how far the enemy shoots at the enemy. Nothing new, right? Well. Some weapons have higher spread than others. You will never, ever want to do a long range battle with a chaingun. You will miss 100% of the time. You will want to use a sniper. However, a sniper is not a very proficient short range weapon, because it has a long reloading time and short amounts of ammo per clip. Suppose I don't get this implemented, I'll ditch snipers in the game altogether.
    • Once again, there is that close range melee weapon that instant kills many enemies without making a noise. Extra points are awarded for this.
    • Ability to have way more than 21 levels on a Sod SDL mapset.
    • All the different enemies, walls, textures, objects, and doors you can think of in your spare time.
    • Directional sprites.
    • Ability for enemies to slow down time.
    • Some enemies can do AoE, meaning that the attack is so great that it can hit BJ no matter where he is inside the level.
    • Different music in one level.
    • Mp3 music in the levels or cutscenes.
    • Teleporting enemies
    • Destructible objects.
    • Armor, to prevent too much damage from being received.
    • Enemy weapons and such matches the speed, accuracy, of weapons BJ has.
    • Special scenarios in secret levels. One idea is to have a level in which BJ has to guard a fortress from enemies for as long as possible, while good battle music is played to pump up the action. More ideas to come.
    • Teleport, Death, God Mode, Fury, Regeneration, Life artifacts are back, fresh from Eod.
    • Aardwolf signs found in the hardest to find secret areas.
    • Time limit and objectives requiredto finish some levels.
    • Ability to hold all the static objects, enemies, and such.
    • Ceiling and floor textures used.
    • Different sprite, doors, etc based on the location of the mission.
    • Pictures with text to show "cutscenes".
    • New loading screen, with a style very similar to that of RTCW.
    • Engine tweaked to allow crazy animations and over the top moves.
    • Precipitation.
    • Ambient sounds that change for different levels or even different areas in a level.
    • A good jukebox
    [*] Like the feature on Project X, the map feature.
    • All the regular SDL features
    • Cheat mode is only unlocked AFTER the player finishes the game honestly, once!
    • One new game mode unlocked after the main storyline is finished.
    • Gun bobbing that’s not too unrealistic.
    • Switches, activators, all that good stuff.
    • Portable medkits
    • Food only restores up to maximum of 60% hp, Dog food, 30%. Medkits, 100%
    • Up to 200% hp, and 250 ammo.
    • Special enemy that cannot be killed. The enemy deals as much damage as possible to defeat BJ, but after time’s up, the enemy dies.
    • Shading for far away areas. The darkness effect will be different based on the level. On some levels the shading effect is completely non-existent. And implemented realistically.
    • Nazi backup after some Nazis are killed.
    • Enemy attacks that can go through walls and hit BJ behind a wall or static object.
    • Recoil has a real toll.
    • Ability to play the game with a numberpad.
    • Special Challenge mode after the player finishes the game. In this mode, there are limited saves. If the player needs to stop playing and resume playing at a later time, the player may quicksave a game.
    • Dense foggy levels on a few areas.
    • Enemies that can revive dead enemies.
    • Enemies that can summon new enemies.
    • Attacks that can paralyze BJ, reduce the benefits of health and armor items, or instantkill BJ
    • A main menu with video in the background, like RTCW select difficulty level screen.
    • A credits list after the game is finished!
    [*] Possibly water in some levels
    • More intelligent enemies. Some duck and shoot, some stay behind to surprise you.
    • Some dialogue between Nazis. As in Tokefnpad. (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?)
    • You can see the bullets being fires at you.
    • The bullets fired at a wall will have bullet holes in them. (Only when it makes sense).
    • Able to change volume of music, enemy sounds, etc.
    • Display message area, such as “Picked up a medkit”.
    • Bosses actually have a back to them now, like regular enemies.
    • Endart, Inart, all the arts you can think of…
    • Syringes that heal hp over 100%
    • Ability to have ground static objects on top of regular objects. For example, an enemy walking across grass with an ammo clip on it.
    • Some missiles or attacks try to lock onto the player.
    • More than normal amount of save slots.
    [*] Some interesting stuff that I can't mention just yet.

Right now, I think all the normal levels will have low quality music, while special scenarios will have Mp3 music. If you want good music, you spend time to download. Go to sleep while it downloads, or whatever.

My first goal is to make a game at least somebody would enjoy. Let's get to that.

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 4 times in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Wolfenstein Never-Ending - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Well does the music seem to set a good tone for your storyline?

I don't know if you're willing to play Spear End of Destiny, but there are some music tracks there that I like also.

- Level 1
    - Level 2 (I like this one)
    - Level 11
    - Level 16
    - Level 32 (Super Secret Level 2)(I like this one)
    - Level 28 (Secret Level 2) (I like this one)

If you have the time to play it, consult AreyeP's Hintbook on how to access the secret levels.

http://www.areyep.com/RIPandMCS-EoD-HintManual-level1.html

Last edited by WolferCooker on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I can see if I can incorporate it in. I think I can. It works well for any Nazi Blowing Part Fest.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:27 pm

More music tracks requests. This time from Project Toteneisenritter. It also has cheats where you can warp levels.

- Level 8
    - Level 9
    - Level 10
    - Level 12
    - Level 13
    - Level 14
    - Level 16
    - Level 17
    - Level 18
    - Level 20
    - Level 27
    - Level 28
    - Level 46
    - Level 50
    - Level 53
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Wizzie, I have been extracting sprites that you might be able to use. Weapons, ammo, and nazi sprites. I'm doing it for you so you don't have to. I've sent the folder with these sprites to Brian and will appear on the Dome for download.

Same goes with everyone else.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Alright, time to get bigger levels coding done, and add in a few sprites. I am still working ont he senarios that occur in the game. I think Kakashi can draw the pictures for the "cutscenes".
    I editted the thread a little to reflect newer info.
    "The idea is this... If you want good music, you download it, and spend time downloading it. Yes, MP3. Yes, you'll hate me for this. I can't change everything to midi or anything, so at least right now, it looks like you'll have to download the songs to hear most songs. Just download it, and go to sleep.

My first goal is to make a game at least somebody would enjoy. Let's get to that."

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:11 pm

You got the folder with all the Nazi sprites I extracted, Wizzie?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 am

Yes. I looked through it. Lots of stuff in there, that's for sure. I mapped out how the story will be revealed in the game.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:07 am

Any major update at this time?

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Wizzie just started coding in stuff, Tenamk. I don't there will be any major updates for quite a while.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I was thinking of, after you beat the game, you "unlock" a part of the game. And this part just includes more difficult versions of a few maps, and a few new, stronger versions of bosses previously found while finishing the main game. As Wolfercooker said, don't expect a new update every day. Unless you want me to flood the thread with each new coding update I do? Lol.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Have you done much coding for it? Or are you still at the drawing-board stage? The unlockable thing sounds nice. It's always a wee bonus when you finish a game and you're rewarded for sticking to the end.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Per-Scan. He JUST STARTED coding.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Can't even start today, stupid familly matters... Sad

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Per-Scan. He JUST STARTED coding.

Why are you shouting at me? I asked Dark_wizzie as he would know best how much (if, indeed, any) coding was done.

Dark_wizzie wrote:Can't even start today, stupid familly matters... Sad

Nothing too bad I hope. Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm not shouting Per-Scan. I'm just saying.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:54 am

It's just that just before you post, Wolfercooker said that coding just begun. Whatever. Anyways, since I managed to change some settings and crash my SDL, I'm going to restart from scratch. Maybe make backup so this won't happen. I think I know what I'm doing. Smile

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

At least it's better that it crashed before you had the chance to even get started. Just think how pissed you'd be if it crashed and wiped all your data just before you were ready to release it.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 am

Yes, I'll test the game alot to make sure no crap happens.
    EDIT: Maybe I should dump some pictures or stories of the project, 25% into the project. That would still be a while. Yuo think I have a big coding list? My brother though mines was small and wanted graphics like FInal Fantasy in the game, lol. Dream on. Wink

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 pm

There's nothing more frustrating than losing all your hard work because you hadn't backed up. You'd think we'd learn, eh? So, is your brother actively involved? Judging by the picture of him posted in the spam thread I reckon he talks a lot of bull! (see what I did there? Razz).
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Want to know how you should feel about this mod? Read my posting rank.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Psyched huh? Maybe you should recruit more coders to save yourself some work. And NO that doesn't mean that I'm gonna swallow my ego and start learning to code. Twisted Evil
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D

Post by Tenamk Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Final Fantasy graphics...

Not even in dreams Very Happy

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

I dunno, it seems that all the good coders are off doing a project. Sad I just finished all the scenarios for boss levels, and how they will work. Looks to be a coding nightmare, but looks possible. Wolfercooker can back me up on this, right? Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Wolfercooker can back me up on this, right?

Depends on what you want me to back you up on. Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:49 am

All right, I'm thinking of around 10 weapons, for numbers 1-10 as numbers for weapons. One could be a knife, two can be machine gun, 3 can be a machine gun that does extra high damage per bullet (read: Sten), 4 can be chain gun, 5 can be super duper chain gun (like Nordenfelt on The Lost Relic), 6 can be sniper, 7 can be flamethrower, 8 can be rocket launcher, and 9 can be energy weapon. 10 is the Remnant weapon tab. There are three that fit inside this category: Lugh's Revenge, Magicks, and Spear of Destiny. Most the most part, there are three types of each weapon; and example would be that there are 3 different machine guns in the game. One is better than the other, which is better than the other, and so forth. The guns would be found in different times in the game, so as time goes by, some weapons won't be rendered pointless.

Remnant weapons have ammo that cannot be "found". They regenerate after some time by themselves. The good part is, all remnant attacks are very strong. The bad part is, you get them a bit late into the game. Having the Spear is extremely awesome, making you very powerful. Of course, such overpoweredness is required to bring down the Conqueror.

For each weapon, sound will be different, along with the sprites and such. Picking up the better weapon will ahve the player lose the weaker weapon automatically. It's an upgrade. The speed of reload, the magazine size, the accuracy from far distances, the power per ammo used, they all work together to help bring each weapon to a unique level. A machine gun will be 0% effective against a tank, while a weapon that does more damage per ammo used will do more damage. Rockets will have big blast radius, hopefully, some explosion effects, and the player getting shifted and moved by the blast... as in Doom...

The energy weapons will not be gimmicky, either. The plasma rifle comes first, followed by Wolfenstein 2009's energy weapon followed by the OTHER energy weapon that shoots out electricity on Wolfenstein 2009... Then you have the mega-mega-mega-ultra supreme energy weapon from Wolfenstein, the Leucherfaust. Or however it's spelled.

I hope with the AoE, like the Gae Bolg, when the player gets hit by it, they get shoved around and such, as if actually in a blast, rather than this bunch of pretty colors that suddenly do damage to the player. I think AoE will work great in WNE.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 am

Wizzie, I have PMed you the weapon sprites. Let me know what you think.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 am

I was going to do a mapset on the side, but now my laptop died, I can't.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:28 pm