Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Wolfenstein Never-Ending Empty Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:11 am

The next project for Wolf3d that I am working on is Wolfenstein Never-Ending (Or WNE, for short.) This is a mod with tons of coding and new textures and such. It will be very much story driven. I spent a long time working out the story of the game. I already posted an introduction to the story at the Epic Poems section of this forum. (No point in telling you the whole story, or there is less incentive to play the game.)
    This mod will take so much time to make, I don't even want to think about it, right now.
    Call me overambitious, or whatnot, but I'll try my hardest to get all the coding up.

I still need some graphical help...You can't teach a person to be a master sprite drawer. I need someone to help me get alllll the sprites, objects, floors, ceilings, walls, etc, into place. Ideally from the same author, so the tone is consistent throughout the game. Here is my list of (hopeful wishes?) for coding. (Note that I will be implementing the code, or I plan to.)

Coding Suggestions for WNE

• Ability to make very large levels. By that, I mean, levels that are at least four times as big as a regular level. Such levels are required to do a level such as the Storming of the Six Bases, where there are essentially 6 levels in one.
    • More guns than the regular guns, this one is a no brainer. Now, I gotta get into specifics for this one. Some guns are only available for a limited period of time, as either the story wouldn’t make sense or the weapon becomes irrelevant. There is the Advanced Machine gun, which is a machine gun that uses different bullets, and do extra damage and have extra accuracy. There is a standard replacement to the standard 4 weapons found on Wolf3d and Sod. For knife, the knife is replaced by a Remnant called the Debaser, which is a silent, no noise weapon. The pistol gets replaced by Twin Akimo Lugers and the Broken Butterfly. The chain gun gets replaced by the Venom gun, the Advanced Machine gun, and the Boss’ chaingun, one that never jams. In addition, there will be the Spear used as a weapon, and a Particle Gun. The weaker version is the Particle Accelerator. The stronger version is called the Particle Cannon. There will be a energy weapon as well. The weakest is the energy pistol. Then it quickly gets replaced by a Plasma Rifle. This does moderate damage, yet it fires fast and it’s fire can be spread around effectively to mow done a lot of regular soldiers. Next up is the BFG 9000, ofcourse. Then comes the Lechuzfaust, an energy weapon that is so powerful, it can one hit ko a tank. And it can blow apart some obstacles required to be destroyed to pass a level. There will be a flamethrower. The weakest type is a regular flame thrower, and the flame moves nice and slow. The stronger version is an “Air Flame Thrower”, a flame thrower whose flames can move very fast. A quick surge of this, and the whole area can get enclosed by flames. Very dangerous in close quarters. There will be shotguns. Shotgun ammo are more difficult to find than any run-of-the-mill bullets, but they are more powerful. The weakest version is the regular Shotgun. Then comes the Double Barreled Shotgun. Next comes the Supreme Shotgun. This shotgun is so powerful, it tears a whole through a regular enemy. That’s right. Also, when used on a stronger enemy, the enemy sometimes get temporarily staggered, unable to fight for a split second. Then, there are the snipers. Snipers are actually useful in this game. The weakest sniper is the “sniper”. It is so average, it doesn’t even get a name. Then comes the FG-41, a sniper rifle. It can fight with or without a scope. Finally, comes the OmniSniper. It’s attacks can one hit ko a chaingunner if done right. It has almost infinite shooting range. Finally, there are the rocket launchers. The weakest is the regular Panzerfaust. Then comes a special experimental bazooka. Then, the atomic missiles. The atomic missiles have incredible blast radius, so for the sake of not dieing, do not ever use these in close quarter combat!!!
    • One thing different about this mod is the fact that “long range” weapons actually do some good. The coding will be done so that damage is just damage, and damage is relative to how far the enemy shoots at the enemy. Nothing new, right? Well. Some weapons have higher spread than others. You will never, ever want to do a long range battle with a chaingun. You will miss 100% of the time. You will want to use a sniper. However, a sniper is not a very proficient short range weapon, because it has a long reloading time and short amounts of ammo per clip. Suppose I don't get this implemented, I'll ditch snipers in the game altogether.
    • Once again, there is that close range melee weapon that instant kills many enemies without making a noise. Extra points are awarded for this.
    • Ability to have way more than 21 levels on a Sod SDL mapset.
    • All the different enemies, walls, textures, objects, and doors you can think of in your spare time.
    • Directional sprites.
    • Ability for enemies to slow down time.
    • Some enemies can do AoE, meaning that the attack is so great that it can hit BJ no matter where he is inside the level.
    • Different music in one level.
    • Mp3 music in the levels or cutscenes.
    • Teleporting enemies
    • Destructible objects.
    • Armor, to prevent too much damage from being received.
    • Enemy weapons and such matches the speed, accuracy, of weapons BJ has.
    • Special scenarios in secret levels. One idea is to have a level in which BJ has to guard a fortress from enemies for as long as possible, while good battle music is played to pump up the action. More ideas to come.
    • Teleport, Death, God Mode, Fury, Regeneration, Life artifacts are back, fresh from Eod.
    • Aardwolf signs found in the hardest to find secret areas.
    • Time limit and objectives requiredto finish some levels.
    • Ability to hold all the static objects, enemies, and such.
    • Ceiling and floor textures used.
    • Different sprite, doors, etc based on the location of the mission.
    • Pictures with text to show "cutscenes".
    • New loading screen, with a style very similar to that of RTCW.
    • Engine tweaked to allow crazy animations and over the top moves.
    • Precipitation.
    • Ambient sounds that change for different levels or even different areas in a level.
    • A good jukebox
    [*] Like the feature on Project X, the map feature.
    • All the regular SDL features
    • Cheat mode is only unlocked AFTER the player finishes the game honestly, once!
    • One new game mode unlocked after the main storyline is finished.
    • Gun bobbing that’s not too unrealistic.
    • Switches, activators, all that good stuff.
    • Portable medkits
    • Food only restores up to maximum of 60% hp, Dog food, 30%. Medkits, 100%
    • Up to 200% hp, and 250 ammo.
    • Special enemy that cannot be killed. The enemy deals as much damage as possible to defeat BJ, but after time’s up, the enemy dies.
    • Shading for far away areas. The darkness effect will be different based on the level. On some levels the shading effect is completely non-existent. And implemented realistically.
    • Nazi backup after some Nazis are killed.
    • Enemy attacks that can go through walls and hit BJ behind a wall or static object.
    • Recoil has a real toll.
    • Ability to play the game with a numberpad.
    • Special Challenge mode after the player finishes the game. In this mode, there are limited saves. If the player needs to stop playing and resume playing at a later time, the player may quicksave a game.
    • Dense foggy levels on a few areas.
    • Enemies that can revive dead enemies.
    • Enemies that can summon new enemies.
    • Attacks that can paralyze BJ, reduce the benefits of health and armor items, or instantkill BJ
    • A main menu with video in the background, like RTCW select difficulty level screen.
    • A credits list after the game is finished!
    [*] Possibly water in some levels
    • More intelligent enemies. Some duck and shoot, some stay behind to surprise you.
    • Some dialogue between Nazis. As in Tokefnpad. (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?)
    • You can see the bullets being fires at you.
    • The bullets fired at a wall will have bullet holes in them. (Only when it makes sense).
    • Able to change volume of music, enemy sounds, etc.
    • Display message area, such as “Picked up a medkit”.
    • Bosses actually have a back to them now, like regular enemies.
    • Endart, Inart, all the arts you can think of…
    • Syringes that heal hp over 100%
    • Ability to have ground static objects on top of regular objects. For example, an enemy walking across grass with an ammo clip on it.
    • Some missiles or attacks try to lock onto the player.
    • More than normal amount of save slots.
    [*] Some interesting stuff that I can't mention just yet.

Right now, I think all the normal levels will have low quality music, while special scenarios will have Mp3 music. If you want good music, you spend time to download. Go to sleep while it downloads, or whatever.

My first goal is to make a game at least somebody would enjoy. Let's get to that.

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 4 times in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Wolfenstein Never-Ending Empty Re: Wolfenstein Never-Ending

Post by ronwolf1705 Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 am

I don't know about your coding abilities, but good luck with that list! Razz

Wolfenstein Never-Ending MMCS0206
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:51 am

One step at a time, I keep telling myself. Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Sounds like this is gonna take 4 years to make. Why not add these weapons to your mix:

-Double Chaingun
    -Syringes
    -Rifle
    -STG44
    -MG42
    -Flamethrower

How about treasure items? Are you gonna use them all from the Lost Relic?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:35 am

Hmm, the treasure concepts, as you get some health damage or something, for picking up some treasure items, is pretty interesting. I already mentioned the flamethrower in the list. I have trouble understanding how syringes will work, though, with the story. Which I can't release yet, or you wouldn't want to play the game anymore, since you know the ending.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Dark_wizzie, I'd still play it no matter what. I'm actually more interested in seeing what's different from all the other Wolf3d mods I played.

BTW, some treasures deduct ammo too along with the health.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D

Post by Tenamk Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:18 am

I can beta test if you want What a Face

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am

That's an impressive list there! Do you think that really is a one-man coding job?! I used to make sprites for games on my Amiga years ago for the AMOS language but I haven't made anything for years. What are the limits of W3D sprites in terms of size and palette? Are there any other quirks to them? Smile

Anyway, good luck!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 am

Dark_wizzie. I'm not sure if all the code changes in your list can be done. Guided projectiles can be done as The Lost Relic has proven that.

Anyway, If you want most of the nazi sprites, I'd look at these TCs as they have a few different nazi sprites of their own after The Lost Relic:. Same goes for a weapon or two and a few treasures.

Coming of the Storm
    Resurrection of Heimzalung
    Operation Todpfad

BTW i can be another one of your beta testers, but this TC looks like it needs the help of 30+ coders unless you're really that good in coding. I certainly hope this TC is worth the wait.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:40 am

For the 30+ coders part, I suppose it will just be me and my brother doing the coding. Although some help would be appreciated. I'm not working hours a day working on this thing, but I'll get some work done. I hope Wlhack returns from his MIA-ness, as I could asks somoe questions to that guy.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Well at least that's good to hear, but I can't help you at all because I don't know any coding. Only suggestions.

With all these possible code changes, do you think Wolfenstein Forever could be more than 35 levels long?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:14 pm

I forgot. I certainly hope most of these weapons you're gonna add use different ammo. Just to be sure about that because you said up to 250 ammo which in my mind means that all the weapons you use use the same type of ammo.

I'll give you a little base max ammo count for each weapon to jumpstart your brainstorming. I would also suggest that these particle accelerator weapons you think of adding should be in the heavier weapons category:

IMO, I have ranked these weapons from weakest to strongest:

Knife
    Pistol: 150 ammo
    Double Pistol: 150 ammo
    Machinegun: 150 ammo
    Double Machinegun: 150 ammo
    Rifle: 100 Rifle bullets
    FG-42: 100 Rifle bullets
    Sniper Rifle (different rifle): 50 armor piercing rifle bullets
    STG44: 150 armor piercing rifle bullets
    Chaingun: 300 Chaingun Shells
    Double Chaingun: 300 Chaingun Shells
    Regular Flamethrower: 150 fuel
    Napalm (Flamethrower): 150 fuel
    Rocket Launcher (weak damage): 15 rockets
    Panzerfaust (moderate damage): 7 rockets
    Nuke Launcher (severe damage): 3 nukes (separate missiles)
    Blitzgewehr: 200 cell (5 cell per shot)
    Particle weapon: 200 cell (15 cell per shot)
    BFG-9000: 200 cell (100 cell per shot)

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Oh yeah. Wizzie, are you too private in your work in releasing a few screenshots when you get to that point?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:46 pm

I will, when I get to that point. Yeah, when I said 250 ammo, I was only thinking of chaingun. A bit of oversight, there. There probably will be more than 35 levels. But 35 levels on this game feels like 35 x 4 levels in normal Wolf3d. I try to make the game very unique. On the coding list, the suggestions with the word (goal) in front of it means that it probably won't be implemented, but it would be awesome if it did. The idea to purchase weapons will probably be taken off. Others, more or less, I shall keep.
    Please note that the title of the page I pasted was "Coding Suggestions". They are ideas, and while some of the ideas I aim to use for sure, some are just ideas.

As for the sprites, there is a little difficulty since some of the sprites won't even involve Nazis, and brand new sprites must be drawn.

Per-Scan, I know you would still play it. I like the story I made, which is unusual, and if I release it, it would be like a spoiler to the whole entire game.

The boss battles are mostly different, since strafe and shoot got boring after Sod. I am planning unique scenarios, and this might make for some very challenging boss battles. If you are not prepared, just pick an easier difficulty level before starting the game.
    All I can show for the mod currently is simply a youtube video. It's not even about Wolf3d, originally. And that's all I have to say Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwsBojQnwk

It's a 10 minute video, though. So get comfortable.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:12 pm

How very secretive of you Wizzie, but even if sprites have to be drawn at least all the nazi sprites you want are in those games.

I sense you're taking a similar approach to make Wolfenstein Forever like The Lost Relic.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Hmm, how so? I happen to enjoy The Last Relic, although i would have appreciated cheats after I beat the game. I will release more information about the game, starting with a few pictures. Not right now, though. For now, just watch the video.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:Hmm, how so? I happen to enjoy The Last Relic, although i would have appreciated cheats after I beat the game...

I know it's taking it off topic but is The Last Relic any good? I've never been able to get it to work. Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Per-Scan. Yes The Lost Relic is good, unfortunately there is a palette problem with it. Run the game in windowed mode if you must. I'm not sure how you run it in XP as I am used to Windows 7. If you have Windows 7, create a batch file using Notepad using: @Wolf4sdl --windowed. Do not create it as text form. That should solve the palette problem.

IMPORTANT: If you have Windows 7, the game WILL NOT LOAD AT ALL UNLESS you run it in compatibilty mode accessed from the properties menu of the Wolf4sdl.exe file. Set the compatibility mode to Windows XP or Vista and the game will load.

Though the palette problem is fixed in windowed mode, the screen itself is screwed up. The only way you can play it is in full screen mode. Just adjust the screen size of the game, but you're gonna have to keep adjusting it each level.

Hope this helps
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Now back to the topic at hand here.

Dark_wizzie wrote:
    Hmm, how so?

Well the Lost Relic has enemy sprites, mostly Doom sprites, that are totally unrelated to the nazis. You said you're going to make new sprites unrelated to the nazis.

although i would have appreciated cheats after I beat the game...

Sorry, you're on your own. There are no cheats in The Lost Relic. Mario Maniac and Mega Luigi do not like cheaters playing on their mods. You're just going to have to beat it the hard way. Took me 2 weeks to beat it the first time I played it. I do like your idea of activating cheats after you beat the game the first time though.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm

What about adding a scoped view from a sniper rifle and a mounted weapon? Castle Totenkopf SDL has those. Wolf Skevos-Jones sure can make these kind of code changes possible.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Wizzie. I found these set of power up orbs that are used in a Doom TC. Maybe they could be of some use to you.

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4455&sid=fc35af76cb9ffd5c0518f12f11ba0fdc
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:41 am

WolferCooker wrote:Per-Scan. Yes The Lost Relic is good, unfortunately there is a palette problem with it. Run the game in windowed mode if you must. I'm not sure how you run it in XP as I am used to Windows 7. If you have Windows 7, create a batch file using Notepad using: @Wolf4sdl --windowed. Do not create it as text form. That should solve the palette problem...
    Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Actually I have kinda got it working. I have XP but I tried Windows 2000 compatiblilty and it worked in windowed mode but how do I make it fullscreen after loading? Alt + Enter doesn't seem to work... I want to play full screen as the game won't capture the ouse in a window and i like to play with the mouse. Smile

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dark_wizzie. Embarassed

As far as a scope goes there's also one in Project X so it is definitely doable. Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 am

EDIT: Actually I have kinda got it working. I have XP but I tried Windows 2000 compatiblilty and it worked in windowed mode but how do I make it fullscreen after loading? Alt + Enter doesn't seem to work... I want to play full screen as the game won't capture the ouse in a window and i like to play with the mouse.

Here is what I do, Per-Scan. You don't have to run it in windowed mode if you want to play it with the mouse. It will still work as long as you have it in compatibility mode. The palette will be screwed up, but keep exiting and loading The Lost Relic until the palette fixes itself. IT DOES FIX ITSELF, but at random times.

Now for fullscreen mode, just go to change view on the main menu and adjust the screen size to its max. That's all.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 am

I'll start a separate thread regarding The Lost Relic
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 am

Wizzie. From 0%-100% completion, where do you think Wolfenstein Never Ending stands at?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:53 pm

I thought of some more suggestions for you Wizzie:

- ammo racks?
    - breakable walls? (similar to breakable columns)

For ammo crates for the weapons you going to add, look in Project Vertilgung, The Lost Relic, and Spear End of Destiny, Coming of the Storm, and Operation Heimzalung. Each game has unique ammo clips and crates.

I wish I knew how to send screenshots here.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Easy.
    Have the picture of whatever, go to Google, search up "image upload", then pick one and upload the picture. Take the direct link and add...
    Wolfenstein Never-Ending Www.thelinkforthepicture

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I meant captured DOS Screenshots saved from your computer files. If it's the same thing, I'll give it a try.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:54 am

What a HUGE list! I don't know if you are an expert coder or something but good luck! bounce

Last edited by Tenamk on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :O)

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:33 am

WolferCooker wrote:I thought of some more suggestions for you Wizzie:

- ammo racks?
    - breakable walls? (similar to breakable columns)

For ammo crates for the weapons you going to add, look in Project Vertilgung, The Lost Relic, and Spear End of Destiny, Coming of the Storm, and Operation Heimzalung. Each game has unique ammo clips and crates.

I wish I knew how to send screenshots here.

I don´t know if he needs more suggestions. I mean, have you taken a look at that list? XD He will need 5 years to finish that alone. Razz

Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:34 am

You said what I was thinking

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 am

Ronwolf, Wizzie and his brother are working on the TC. I thought 5 years myself, but cut that in half.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 am

2 Years and 6 Months

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 am

lol. I already knew that Tenamk. But then again, we don't know if Wizzie is working top speed on his TC or not. Wish he did though. lol.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 am

I think he said he was going to finish his other mod and then he was going to start this

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:40 am

Fine enough for me. Neutral
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Wizzie. I need you to look into the Gallery section. I'm going to put up a ton of sprite screenshots for you if you're interested.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 am

The gallery doesn't have space to put tons of sprites. Maybe I can allocate more forum space into the gallery, though.
    Working top speed?
    Not really. I still have school and other stuff to do. I got tons of work and learning to do. All I have right now is the story and ideas for scenarios... (Even that took me a while) The work was supposed to begin last weekend, but I got sick, so I'll get onto it tomorrow.
    I think I'll edit the feature list a bit.

The idea was to do ESOD before this, so that my mapping gets a little better, but I think I'm up for the task. I'm just waiting on getting SHS pushed out.

For levels that are bigger than normal, I need an editor that can edit levels like that. I think Havoc is working on an editor for that.

Hopefully this doesn't become a dead project that once had good intentions. drunken

Heh, I bet this sounds disappointing, but nothing fixes that like some sound work.
    On a scale of 1-100%? I don't make a thread about a mod AFTER I finish it, so there is your answer.
    I wish I have internet at my house, though. Would make the process easier and faster. Still, don't expect this done the next day. Or the day after that. :sleep:

I hope I'm not going to spend more time TALKING about the mod, rather than WORKING on it. silent
    That would make me sound like an idiot. study

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Just give us updates every know and then Wizzie! Very Happy
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah, it was nice to know when the mod is updated.

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Tenamk wrote:Yeah, it was nice to know when the mod is updated.

Or even started! Razz
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Wizzie, I sent quite a few screenshots at the Gallery. The enemy sprites are my suggestions to you after you use the ones from The Lost Relic. Most of the ammo crates there you should be familiar with.

I will send more different screenshots later.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 am

WDC is an editor that also allows bigger maps than the standard 64x64. Wink

Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am

More info to my brain Very Happy
    Didn't know that (TIP: I'm a newbie)

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 am

Well, all I have are pictures of enemies I will base off of, (as I have to Wolfensteinize it), that I can show. (If you want to see that, anyways.) I do update the thread as updates come in. Actually some can say I update too many times, post wise. I'll (hopefully) have SDL set up later today. Hopefully tomorrow you can hear a success story!

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Alrighty, here is what I've got at the end of today. I managed to work out getting the project set up on the SDL compiler. A few bumps in the ride though. If you know some coding or something, I'de ask you to check out the WNE Coding Thread.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Great work Wizzie. I guess today marks the start of the making of Wolfenstein Never Ending. If you are able to post your enemy sprites to the Gallery, that would be great.

Have fun and try not to hit any dead ends with this project! Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 pm

One small step for modding, one giant step for cactuar fandom...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 pm

I have a few music requests for you Wizzie. In Operation Heimzalung or Resurrection of Heimzalung, a few tracks are tracks from RTCW.

Since Resurrection of Heimzalung has cheats where you can warp levels, I'd like you to listen to these RTCW music tracks used in these levels:

- Level 3
    - Level 4 (I like this one)
    - Level 11
    - Level 15
    - Level 16 (I like this one)
    - Level 22
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:01 am

I tried it. I listened to level 4 and 16. Playing the game on Dosbox, though, a real pain. Took me five minutes to hear the song right since it lagged so bad.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 am