Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1775
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines? Empty Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines?

Post by stathmk Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am

I was at a wedding last Saturday. At the reception, I told one guy that my major in college was Computer Graphics Technology. His fiance asked me if I've ever played World of Warcraft. She seemed to be pretty much addicted to it. One other lady there was addicted to World of Warcraft. I've never played the game, but I've heard some weird stuff about it. I've heard that there's a level where you get to change your enemies into sheep or penguins.

Anyways, do you get to make your own character that you play as in WoW, The Sims, or any other video or computer game? I kind of guess that you get to make your own character that you play as in a newer Mortal Kombat game, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and probably other games. I think that you get to make your own characters that you play as in The Quake and Unreal games.

Does anybody know of any game where you might get to make your own character such as BJ Blazkowics? I want to make a new Wolf3D web site and say if there are games where you get to make your own character skin and play as a Wolf3D character.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines? Empty Re: Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines?

Post by jayngo26 Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:46 am

Hmm, games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 have pretty good character creation/model/features. I also believe that Tiger Woods has good character creation. I remember back in the day, while Perfect Dark was in design, they were going to figure a way for you to put your own mug on your multiplayer character. The idea was scrapped, as Rare did not want the flak of complaints from ppl who said it "was not right" to be going around killing ppl like that. Silly...

http://jayngoware.com/
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1775
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines? Empty ...Tiger Woods... & more info

Post by stathmk Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks. You mentioned Tiger Woods. That reminds me of a video or computer game that Ellen DeGeneres was playing. It was a golf game where you get to play as Tiger Woods or even Ellen DeGeneres. Jay Leno played that game as himself.

I watched 60 Minutes and the topic was about making a basketball game. Morley Safer was digitized into an animated basketball character.

I've heard that in some version of NBA Jam that you get to play as Bill Clinton and other people. I had a subscription to Nintendo Power. There was a Nintendo 64 game called Hybrid Heaven where you get to change the character's face into yours.

I’ve found out from doing an internet search that you get to play as a Mortal Kombat or Wolfenstein character in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/developer/NDEXXXRBGFRUMWATTS;16455
    I wouldn’t have known because I don’t have the game.

Sponsored content

Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines? Empty Re: Can You Make Wolfenstein Characters in Other Graphics Engines?

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:44 pm