Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Discussion On Weapons

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Discussion On Weapons Empty Discussion On Weapons

Post by Schabbs Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi guys, Peter sent me the following email on his thoughts about a new weapon. Does anyone have any comments on this:

"Hi, Brian. I do the annotated games. I was wondering if this new weapon could be used by other people when making new games: Explosives. Here's how I think it might work:

1) Explosives would be treated as an additional weapon that can be acquired.

2) Explosives could be carried, but only enabled when they are the selected weapon.

3) There would be no advantage to carrying multiple explosives, just as there is no advantage to picking up a second chaingun, other than for ammo. Explosives would have no ammo value.

4) When you want to use explosives, you chose the place to deploy them by chosing the weapon, and clicking with the right mouse button. The next click of the right mouse button creates the explosion.

Explosives would then be useful most often near doorways, to take out multiple opponents emerging. It would be very much like the exploding barrels in Spear:Resurrection, only mobile. If you wanted to shoot before using the explosives, you would switch to a different weapon first. The explosion only happens when the explosives weapon is enabled, and the right mouse button has already been clicked once. It would be impossible to 'defuse' the explosives. They could not be deployed in multiple locations at the same time. If you enabled explosives, and double-clicked, BJ would explode.

5) Once the explosives are used, the weapon is lost, and must be reacquired. This is similar to when the chaingun jams in Totengraeber II.

I know nothing about coding, and which things can and can't be done in a Wolfenstein adventure. Maybe other people have already done this in some of the hundreds of Wolfs I haven't played. I don't know, but I'm sure you would. If this hasn't been done before, please circulate this e-mail to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks,

Peter "

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Discussion On Weapons Empty Re: Discussion On Weapons

Post by lilmanjs Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm

I love the idea and hope that someone puts that idea in a mod.

Discussion On Weapons TeamAardwolfV2PNG
    Discussion On Weapons 57046cfmlabelbar
    Mods being worked on:
    The Mutant Uprising, Final Fight 2
    Mod ideas:
    Stargate SG-1 addon, Mega Man addon
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    The Mutant Uprising, Ghost
    Mods being worked on with other people:
    Return to Castle Hollehammer with Raziel A. (Karharis)
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm