Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Coronavirus - how are you holding up?

thicclikeschabbs
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2020-03-27

Coronavirus - how are you holding up? Empty Coronavirus - how are you holding up?

Post by thicclikeschabbs Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:36 pm

The silver lining for me has been that I've had a lot of free time to get curious on the internet again, which led me to download and play through some wolfenstein 3d mods that I never had the chance to play through back when I was more invested in the community. I tried to find diehardwolfers (you might remember me as Born4battle), and found that areyep's site has been shut down, which was kind of sad. I'm happy to see that the community exists in some form still, I hope it can into the future.

It's obviously something that's affecting everyone here. How are you passing the time?
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Coronavirus - how are you holding up? Empty Re: Coronavirus - how are you holding up?

Post by Thomas Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 am

Throughout this brief madness, I have had plenty of time to make more maps and added a lot of stuff to the Wolfenstein Wiki. It's good to see you back. I remember playing Codename Purple Blood back when it came out and liking it a lot. Expanding the atmosphere, probably in SDL or whatever, and making it into a larger thing would be interesting if you should ever want to.

Another question... What is the actual title of this? https://wl6.fandom.com/wiki/Castle_M%C3%B6rder

Different name on the title screen... Lol.
    thicclikeschabbs
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2020-03-27

Coronavirus - how are you holding up? Empty Re: Coronavirus - how are you holding up?

Post by thicclikeschabbs Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 am

Thomas wrote:
    Another question... What is the actual title of this?

Different name on the title screen... Lol.

The correct title is Castle Mörder (my 8th grade self used an online translater to translate "killer" to German , and then thought the word had been Gömer without bothering to check again when I had made the title slide)

Throughout this brief madness, I have had plenty of time to make more maps and added a lot of stuff to the Wolfenstein Wiki. It's good to see you back. I remember playing Codename Purple Blood back when it came out and liking it a lot. Expanding the atmosphere, probably in SDL or whatever, and making it into a larger thing would be interesting if you should ever want to.

I haven't researched this too heavily so pardon my ignorance: Is conversion to SDL it possible without the original source code? The computer that had it is long gone, so the only hope would be if I happened to zip it up and email it at some point. However, I don't believe the source changes in either mod were numerous, so worst case scenario I'm sure I could make them again to a fresh copy of the source.
    I'm really happy that these communities (I actually just found the renamed DHW, I thought it was gone forever) are still going and a lot of the same faces are still active. It's good to see you Thomas.
    Ryu-sama
    Ryu-sama
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 80
    Job : Student (Medicine)
    Registration date : 2020-01-11

Post by Ryu-sama Tue May 12, 2020 1:16 pm

The German word "Mörder" translates in fact as "killer".

How do I pass my time - I read a lot. I have to, for university. I miss singing. Very much.

And I play some mods (like "Abandon 2020"), listen to music.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:38 pm