Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update

luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Job : Network Analyst III
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update Empty Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update

Post by luke skywalker Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:15 pm

More screenies enjoy!

I do admit this mod is coming together very nicely Surprised As Mr Burns likes to say excellenttttttttt .... For people who are wondering if it is going to run on today's gaming technology I have tested the mod on several gaming machines examples are: AMD 2 Dual, intel Q6600 Quad, Intel i3 - 3rd gen and a Intel i7 - 7th gen, all tests were great and the build was stable
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update Empty Re: Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update

Post by Thomas Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 am

Amazing stuff, Luke! I cannot think of that many mods - if any - that use such an evocative underwater setting. Really good work on the shark and the mini U-boat thing is awesome. Happy to see you have retained the classic Wolfenstein Special Edition status bar with those nice, big bold numbers.

One mod that used something slightly similar (though not as brilliantly laid out) was Batman: Wrath of Mr. Freeze which uses small Joker piranhas in levels with simple blue floor and blue ceiling that somewhat evoke an underwater feel.
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update Empty Re: Operation: Arctic Wolf - Yet Another Update

Post by luke skywalker Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:55 pm

hehehe thanks for the praise I will try to deliver on the final product for all you fans! And the Classic Wolfenstein Special Edition status bar was one my greatest but simplest projects I had slapped together back in the day. I can report the source code is now 100% completed!!! This by far has been the biggest project I have ever undertaken code wise there is lots of interaction not just with enemies but the objects, the walls and even the environment surrounding you, but keeping the true classic Wolfenstein feel... :-) ooo I get goose bumps when I cram even more into the project to make it even better Laughing , i have been pulling very long all nighters working hard on this. With the source code done and the graphics done... its maps just left, trying to get the right feel for cross over levels from land to water to land again... I will try release more screenies this weekend. I can probably keep up with weekly or bi weekly screen shots at this point. Started very early work on my next mini side mod Project: Esiam Phase II 
    I am looking for future mod campaign ideas... Star Warsenstin would be fun port or an entire mod based on Minecraftenstein or Ninja Turlestein sunny  Area 51 will be completed and The Rise of Nod if you all remember that one I announced back in the day before I explore any of these ideas. I have only one brain and one body unfortunately  Frustrated
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:14 am

Area 51 had amazing ideas, and I remember playing it back in the day and was awestruck by some of the ideas. The level where you had to follow a guard in order for a door to be opened was genius. The Rise of Nod, I remember you posted a title screen and that was it. I am thrilled to see you still remember these projects and have an interest in reviving them. Would Himmler's SS ever be on the table? The "outdoor" Berlin level with its bright blue ceiling could be actual clouds... But that would probably steal away some of the charm... I know Gerolf knocked together a very believable Heinrich Himmler boss sprite for his SS project... Anyway... It's good to know progress on Arctic Wolf is running smoothly. Very pleased with this news!
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Post by luke skywalker Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Area 51 I think showed modders that Wolfenstein could go beyond blasting the hell out of nazi's as fun as that is  Razz but showed creativity with the AI, interaction with objects, the levels and just alot of thinking outside the box. I would like to redo Himmler's SS and Operation: Buzzbomb eventually Himmler's SS was to date my favorite project everyone in the community seems to hold Operation: Buzzbomb in high regards so it seems only suitable to give it a reboot but also it was my first TC.
    The Rise of Nod had a title screen release and a manual that I still have, a ton of graphics and sounds and maps here is a small little sample of it.

The Rise OF NOD; 10 levels divided up into separate missions each in a different location around the globe with its own theme. 

Levels 1-2 Colombian Jungle

Level 3 Sewers & Catacombs of France

Levels 4-5: Russian Weapon Complex

Level 6: Egypt Pathway to Osiris

Level 7-8: The Temple of NOD     

Level 9: Kane's Nuclear Silo

Level 10: Secret level - Sponge Bobenstein

Just investigating the attack function and abilities of enemies if with alot of time and testing we could come up with 6 different attack functions maybe we could have the ultimate galactic battle in Wolfenstein 3D for the universe with THANOS Shocked Exclamation scared

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am