Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

The Transgressions of Vyacheslav Shilikhin

dunkelschwamm
    dunkelschwamm
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2013-06-08

The Transgressions of  Vyacheslav Shilikhin Empty The Transgressions of Vyacheslav Shilikhin

Post by dunkelschwamm Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Hey all, Dunkelschwamm (previously RGamesINC) here with a somewhat upsetting discovery:

This game and this game by one Vyacheslav Shilikhin have been sold using stolen graphics both from Monkee's Image World and from various commercial games (including LucasArts' "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" and id Software's own "Doom").

In the second game, you might be able to notice a zombie enemy used prominently in the screenshots and promotional material.  That is this graphic I made when I was 14 years old and posted to Monkee's Image World.

I am in the middle of writing a DMCA report and flagging this to Valve, but I think this should be a sign that, as creators, we might need to be a bit vigilant about making sure our hard work and the work of our contemporaries aren't being used to line the pockets of cynical slapdash peddlers like Vyacheslav.

Update: after submitting a DMCA takedown, Psi Project 2 is no longer on the Steam store. However, 2 other games in the series, also heavily featuring stolen assets, are still available for purchase on Steam.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm