Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Music from other games in .IMF format

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Music from other games in .IMF format Empty Music from other games in .IMF format

Post by WolferCooker Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:31 am

Throughout the many mods I've played using the original Wolf3d engine, I've always wondered how music from other games such as Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, etc. sound so much like Wolf3d music in Adlib/.IMF format. 

Also, I've noticed if you play a ZDoom/GZDoom mod and configure its music emulator to OPL Synth and either use Mame OPL2 or DOSBox OPL3/Nuked OPL3, it sounds eerily similar (with a difference or two in the synth) to .IMF formatted music in a Wolf3d engine.

Basically, IMO, I like the .IMF version of some of the music from other games used in a Wolf3d mod better than the original and I'd like to make/hear a playlist of them (for personal enjoyment) in high quality instead of relying on Audacity to record them in-game where the quality goes down.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm