Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Alpha Number System Math Puzzle

Alpha Number System Math Puzzle Empty Alpha Number System Math Puzzle

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:58 pm

I am creating a number system for a puzzle that I might implement in an alternate reality game/ choose your own adventure game. A = 1, Z = 26, AA = 27, and so on. This is similar to binary, octal, and hexadecimal number systems. AZ = 52. 26 times 2 = 52. ZZ = 702. 26 times 27 =  702. Based on the pattern, what does ABC equal?

Alpha Number System Math Puzzle Empty Re: Alpha Number System Math Puzzle

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Last edited by    on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:26 pm

That is correct. This seems to be an easy system that I created. You can even incorporate equations in this system. I am trying to figure out how to use decimal places in it, but I think it would be better to just let it use whole numbers. Z / B = M.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Alpha Number System Math Puzzle Empty Codes

Post by stathmk Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:47 am

jpb1991 wrote:I am creating a number system for a puzzle that I might implement in an alternate reality game/ choose your own adventure game. A = 1, Z = 26, AA = 27, and so on. This is similar to binary, octal, and hexadecimal number systems. AZ = 52. 26 times 2 = 52. ZZ = 702. 26 times 27 =  702. Based on the pattern, what does ABC equal?
    I really lost interest in any kind of alternate reality game where you had multiple accounts and debated yourself.

I saw “The Imitation Game” movie about The Enigma Code.  You might like to watch that.  You might like to research the puzzle that was “The Magic Words are Squeamish Ossifrage” encoded: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Words_are_Squeamish_Ossifrage I’d link you to the RSA Cryptography page with the original message, but that page either doesn’t exist anymore or I can’t find it.

There was a 1990s computer game that I played called “The 11th Hour.”  It was the sequel to the “7th Guest.”  “The 11th Hour” had encoded messages.  The reviews of these encoded messages were not good.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:24 am

Creating a choose your own adventure game in the form of a MS Word document would be interesting for something like this. The traditional versions used page numbers for each path. I want to try that. I need to find an example of this online.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am