Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding)

DeXiaZ
    DeXiaZ
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-01-27

Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding) Empty Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding)

Post by DeXiaZ Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Hello, community, I'm newbie here.

I have a question:

I suppose you know WSJ's Castle Totenkopf modification. Is it a good idea to use resources from this mod for making mod-remake of the original (first episode) Wolfenstein 3D? Or it would be "sign of bad taste" and this mod wouldn't approved by community?

Sorry for bad eng and sorry if I posted this in wrong section

Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding) Empty Re: Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Last edited by    on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DeXiaZ
    DeXiaZ
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding) Empty Re: Hello, I have a specific and strange question (about modding)

Post by DeXiaZ Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Of course I'll give credits to everyone who did anything for this mod. If we open "readme" file from Totenkopf mod, we can see that most resources are used from other authors, also WSJ packed and posted Totenkopf SDL for other people who wants to use his mod. So, this means that I can use this mod as base, but I must add credits (of course)

But I was puzzled about community reaction to the "remake" idea Wink

Anyway, I've tried to combine Totenkopf with Wolfenstein and got this:

But anyway, it needs work with resources (all maps are need to be redone) + I don't know how to edit "map_info" (or how it called, I've used "Doom" modding definition)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Last edited by    on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DeXiaZ
    DeXiaZ
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by DeXiaZ Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 pm

That's why I wanted to do the whole Wolfenstein 3D in this style. But it's too hard + it need to use all maps from the game. I don't know the real situation with copyrights of this game but I'm afraid that using all maps will be regarded as illegal copying of the original Wolfenstein 3D. So I can use only first episode because it's faster, easier and non-copyright-problematic for me (first episode is free as shareware)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am