Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Hello

Russel
    Russel
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Job : Graphic Designer
    Hobbie : drawing, photoshop, music, life, friends, and other awesome stuff :)
    Registration date : 2009-08-28

Hello Empty Hello

Post by Russel Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello, It's Russel. I was a member on the DHW forums years ago then stopped when life got busy. Since then, I have finished college and am working as a graphic designer for a firm in Chicago.

It's been a while since I've participated in anything with the community here, but I thought I'd look around and see what's been happening lately.

To get some direction, what would you people say have been some of the noteworthy releases as of late?

EDIT:
    I think I may have posted this topic in the wrong section.... Sorry.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Thomas Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:17 pm

As of late a number of good mods have come out. The most recent I can think of is Ipank's "iLOW3D Revisited" which is strictly old school, as well as the Map of the Month contest from the DieHard Wolfers forums: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6760

And it looks like there's a lot of good stuff in the pipeline as well. But I would advise you to hunt down mods from 2010, 2011, 2012 as well... Even older ones, I don't know how many/which you are familiar with, but any mod in SDL will do (in my opinion).
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Treasure Hunt by serpens was another great one as well. As for the bigger mods, I quite enjoyed Resident Evil by soldat_555. And SDL is where it's at, definitely.

Weren't you working on your own mod as well? I remember something steam-punkish, but I could be wrong.

Hello MMCS0206
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Hello Empty Re: Russel

Post by stathmk Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Your name is Russel?  My Dad’s name is Russell!

Graphic Design?  I’m older than you and I majored in Computer Graphics Technology in college.  The technology has gotten faster and more efficient over the years since I was your age, but it’s gotten more competitive.

< <  To get some direction, what would you people say have been some of the noteworthy releases as of late?

There’s an impressive Lego Wolf 3D at http://www.drdanick.com/ .  There’s also Wolfenstein 3D High Resolution Texture packs: https://web.archive.org/web/20130715000000*/http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/ClassicFPS/ .  There’s Mac-Enstein 3D episodes, which are Macintosh Wolfenstein 3D graphics and maps rendered for a PC on The Wolfenstein 3D Dome or wolfensteingoodies.com .  An Allan person is going to be emailing me about emulating the dozens of Macintosh Wolfenstein 3D scenarios on PCs.  I’ll post them another time.

Look for a thread on the forums titled, "Explain The Whole SDL Thing To Me."  It explains how SDL is better than DOS.

Schabbs (Brian) has a hand problem and hasn’t updated his page since December.  I’m busier than before and I might just post only 2 mods a week on wolfensteingoodies.com.

There was the new Wolfenstein with a character named Deathshead, but I call it Wolfenstein 2009.  There will be a Wolfenstein: The New Order in May.  From my understanding, you can play as William Blaskowicz or his brothers.  It takes place in the 1960s in a parallel universe where the robots and Germans still haven’t lost yet.  I’m not quite sure if I follow.  Those who pre-order by May 19, I think, will get the Doom beta reboot.  I’m confused as to whether the Doom reboot will take place on Earth or Mars.  Why can’t they just call it Doom 4 or Doom 2015?

There’s a Rise of The Triad 2013 game.  The 1994-95 Rise of The Triad was originally going to be a Wolfenstein 3D expansion pack.  There’s a guy on the forum taking Wolf 3D and Rise of The Triad fan fiction a little too far in an alternate reality text game.

I have to go to my 2nd shift in minutes.  I’ll check my messages overnight or tomorrow. ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am