Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed

Wolf3D Fan
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-03-24

How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed Empty How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed

Post by Wolf3D Fan Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Im using choasedit and Wolf4SDL both newest version, but how the... confused do i add stuff to choasedit? All i know is "Lists.txt".

Please help me. im going crazy about this...
    WLHack

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed Empty Re: How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed

Post by WLHack Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 am

To add new object with ChaosEdit (e.g with ID 74), you have to do the following:
    Open the mapobjects folder and choose the game which data you want to edit (e.g Wolfenstein 3-D)...
    In that folder you see three different files: List.txt, sprinfo.txt and Symbols.bmb.

Open the List.txt and search for the following lines:
    Code:

70,"Vines",
    108,"Guard 1/standing/East",
    And now add this line between them:
    Code:

74,"New object",

Then open sprinfo.txt and search for these lines:
    Code:

124 95 1 0

;
    ; Non directional enemies (type 3)
    ;
    Change it to this:
    Code:

124 95 1 0
    74  0 1 0 ;Change the first 0 to sprite number
    ;Add new items here....

;
    ;

As you can read from the beginning of the sprinfo, those numbers are:
    Tilenumber (object id), Spritenumber, Type, Direction (mostly for enemies),
    so basically when you add new static objects the correct format is nearly always:
    Code:

id sprite 0 1

Now the last thing for you to do is to open symbols.bmb and draw the icon you want to show
    in the map editor... The Symbols.bmb is divided to two block: walls (orange) and objects (green)
    where each item is represented by 7x7 sprite. In our case you want to draw the icon for the new
    object just above the icon for dog (d1) moving west...

Adding walls is bit easier as you do not need to alter the sprinfo-file unless you want to add new doors.
    In that case you should take a look at the end of the sprinfo-file... There is good explanation for the line format.

Hammer: I can see it now: you and the moon - wear a necktie so I'll know you.
    Building a new webpage...
    Wolf3D Fan
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-03-24

How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed Empty Re: How do i add custom objects to ChoasEdit? Help needed

Post by Wolf3D Fan Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 pm

WLHack wrote:To add new object with ChaosEdit (e.g with ID 74), you have to do the following:
    Open the mapobjects folder and choose the game which data you want to edit (e.g Wolfenstein 3-D)...
    In that folder you see three different files: List.txt, sprinfo.txt and Symbols.bmb.

Open the List.txt and search for the following lines:
    Code:

70,"Vines",
    108,"Guard 1/standing/East",
    And now add this line between them:
    Code:

74,"New object",

Then open sprinfo.txt and search for these lines:
    Code:

124 95 1 0

;
    ;
    Change it to this:
    Code:

124 95 1 0
    74  0 1 0 ;Change the first 0 to sprite number
    ;Add new items here....

;
    ;

As you can read from the beginning of the sprinfo, those numbers are:
    Tilenumber (object id), Spritenumber, Type, Direction (mostly for enemies),
    so basically when you add new static objects the correct format is nearly always:
    Code:

id sprite 0 1

Now the last thing for you to do is to open symbols.bmb and draw the icon you want to show
    in the map editor... The Symbols.bmb is divided to two block: walls (orange) and objects (green)
    where each item is represented by 7x7 sprite. In our case you want to draw the icon for the new
    object just above the icon for dog (d1) moving west...

Adding walls is bit easier as you do not need to alter the sprinfo-file unless you want to add new doors.
    In that case you should take a look at the end of the sprinfo-file... There is good explanation for the line format.

Thanks! I did not know that choasedit did that! It is appreciated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm