Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Thomas
zeha
6 posters

How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls)

zeha
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-03-09

How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls) Empty How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls)

Post by zeha Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

How did you play back in the days?
    Keyboard.

How do you play today?
    Keyboard.

What was the first game you actually played with keyboard and mouse together and who told you to do so? Very Happy
    Probably "Unreal Tournament"

How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls) Empty Re: How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Ruben!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zeha
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-03-09

How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls) Empty Re: How did you play old shooters (i.e. what type of controls)

Post by zeha Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Hmm that looks like an error in the forum software... or why did my original post got transformed into a reply from somebody?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I started with a keyboard and a mouse and that's how I play today. For a while I had a netbook with a trackpad. I'd rather use the keyboard, so I adapted.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:49 am

Wolf 3D has always been the same for me. RShift is run, I use the arrows for navigation, space bar for opening stuff and CTRL for shooting. Never could use the mouse, joystick or whatever.

In Unreal Tournament (which is the only other game I've played recently) GOTY edition, 1999... Yeah! I use the mouse as well as arrows for navigation. Never could dig the WASD stuff. And left click for shooting.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker

Post by Schabbs Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 am

I normally use the mouse to move around. Left click on the mouse or the space bar to open doors etc, and right click on the mouse to fire weapons. The upper arrow key to run fast.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Wolf3D Fan
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-03-24

Post by Wolf3D Fan Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I use WASD to move, E to use, mouse to shoot. I use modern controls...
    wolfie
    wolfie
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 136
    Job : none
    Hobbie : video game hobbies:pumping lead into hitler's skull and reducing borons of hell to gory goo
    Registration date : 2012-11-17

Post by wolfie Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:25 pm

i always use ether the keyboard or on my old computer a trackball

we are all entiteled to one opinion.........MINE!
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Ewww, I don't like the trackball at all. I never got why people used though.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    wolfie
    wolfie
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 136
    Job : none
    Hobbie : video game hobbies:pumping lead into hitler's skull and reducing borons of hell to gory goo
    Registration date : 2012-11-17

Post by wolfie Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:Ewww, I don't like the trackball at all. I never got why people used though.
    to be honest im not sure if what i have is a trackball....there's this blue thingy on my old computer's keyboard and whenever i rub my finger against it it acts like a mouse..only the mouse keeps moveing until you let go of it...makes for fantastic movement controls in fps games...i call it trackball becuase i have no idea what else to call it [yes i know what a trackball is but like i said i didn't know what else to call it

we are all entiteled to one opinion.........MINE!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 am