Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+6
Havoc
Dark_wizzie
lilmanjs
linuxwolf
doomjedi
ronwolf1705
10 posters

Which of your work are you most proud of?

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Which of your work are you most proud of? Empty Which of your work are you most proud of?

Post by Thomas Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 am

Here's something I've always wondered about. For those of you who have made/participated in/contributed to mods... Which ones are you most proud of? I'd like to see some "author on author" around here.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Which of your work are you most proud of? Empty Re: Which of your work are you most proud of?

Post by doomjedi Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:03 am

Only Wolf3D mods? Smile

"Operation Eisenfaust : Origins" Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Which of your work are you most proud of? Empty Re: Which of your work are you most proud of?

Post by Thomas Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 am

Well, mods, graphics, whatever. Sounds, even. Anything of the sort.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 am

Eisenfaust Origins: you guys know the history, so I'm proud to have that out there.

Batman vs. Bane: Being a big Batman fan, to have a Batman Wolf3d mod released is just great. I'm also really happy with the urban environment we created in that mod. It also has a couple of maps that I personally consider to be some of my best.

Stealth: A small project, but I'm proud of it because I did that one all on my own. I tried to use my limited coding abilities to my advantage, and I'm also happy that I could incorporate some stealth and puzzle elements into the Wolf3d gameplay.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 am

I'm also proud being credited in "Skulltag" and contributing...it's mind-blowing how many people played my art for years, for so many hours....skins, medals, scenery, animated CTF flag etc etc... Not to mention my "double resolution pack" for Skulltag. Being part of it is epic (especially as I'm far from being the best spirter of Doom community), and it's all because of Carnevil and a chance he gave me.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:52 am

Personally I'm most happy about 10 New Ones and Time to Kill. The compactness of those is something I've always wanted to achieve. I also dig "All This & Wolf 3D" but have not played it for ages and would really like to do so again.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 am

Thomas wrote:Personally I'm most happy about 10 New Ones and Time to Kill.
    And you should Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 am

I like the modified sprites I have made. Even some from scratch.

I saw on Youtube that someone's upcoming mod "Operation: Beyond War" is using my Algemein browncoat guard, so it's a honor that someone has finally used my work.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 am

I also dig the work you did on Zach Higgins' unfinished flamethrower guard.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 am

This Spear, it's the most well-received mapset I made, although I didn't make as many as some other authors. Took criticisms and tried my best. This Spear wasn't even a mod, though. I stuck to mapping.
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 am

Thomas wrote:Personally I'm most happy about 10 New Ones and Time to Kill. The compactness of those is something I've always wanted to achieve. I also dig "All This & Wolf 3D" but have not played it for ages and would really like to do so again.

Castle Assault?
    NovoWolf?
    W.O.L.F.?
    Thomas' Wolfenstein 3D?
    The Iron Dream?

And that's still nowhere near a complete list of everything you made.

Here's everything I made (back in 2002): Download Patrick Grey's Funpack from the Dome. It's not very good, but I made it. The Creator stuff was just for attention. I don't even credit myself for that.
    linuxwolf
    linuxwolf
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 160
    Hobbie : Games
    Registration date : 2011-12-25

Post by linuxwolf Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

I am most proud of Batman vs Bane. It was the first and only successful Wolf3D mod I've ever been involved in Smile.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am

I also dig the work you did on Zach Higgins' unfinished flamethrower guard.

Thanks Thomas.

In the past, I was thinking about trying to make another flamethrower guard (the black uniformed one that has a headmask) 8 directional as well but the headmask is a problem for me as I can't replicate such a thing from different angles.

It's even more of a problem for me with the headmasked chaingun guards as well cause then i'd also have to replicate the chaingun from different angles.

lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by lilmanjs Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:22 pm

I've only released 2 things so far. Final Fight and Team Aardwolf Mapset. So I go with the Aardwofl Mapset maps I made. I think they tons better than anything I made in the first episode of Final Fight.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi Brent!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm

say what?!
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm

^It's all a joke because Chris knows that all of us are well aware of what his best and most proud work is. Smile

Spoiler:
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 am

Chokster37 wrote:My most proudest moment was when I copied AUDIOHED/AUDIOT.CO7 from Corridor 7 30-Level Disk version into wolf3d and renamed them to *.WL6 and was able to play wolf3d with Corridor 7 music, and copied the map files from Blake Stone 6-Episode into wolf3d and walked through the left door in E1L1 backwards and somehow activated the debugging keys. My second proudest moment was copying the Wolf3d VSWAP and GAMEMAPS into Spear of Destiny and loading an old saved game from Level 18 opening the door and hearing Death Knight (Otto) say AIEEEEEEEEE! and shoot sideways dogs at you then grabbing the spear and teleporting into a stuck wall in E3L1. My third proudest moment was when I changed the 3rd or 4th byte in the gamemaps file for Wolfenstein Meets Street Fighter v1.0 with a text editor and it made me start on the outside border of the level with objects/guards shifted in the game so it felt like a whole new level.
    Is any of this madness possible to do in SDL?! I'd love to dick around with the different files, see what happens. I remember renaming all files to .WL3 once and something odd happened. Also, back when I first used Borland to code for myself in early 2005 I made guards walk backwards and somehow screwed up scores, unintentionally. That was fun!

WolfForever wrote:
    Spoiler:
    CHOKAGE, anyone?!? Rolling Eyes
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 am

Which of your work are you most proud of? Darkwizziestien
    This is madness, my good sir.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 am

Yeeeeeah!! More bugs please!! And I tried to transfer the .WL6 files to SOD like Chris did but nothing worked. Which versions did you use??
    Havoc
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Havoc Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

Absence, Operation Eisenfaust: Origins, and Overkill (Crying or Very sad)
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Nice bug pic Wizzie! We got to find a way to bunch up items together in ECWolf/Wolf4SDL like that instead of one block apart.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Havoc wrote:and Overkill (Crying or Very sad)
    I'm as sorry about that as you are, man. I hope we can work something out at one point, going back again. Very Happy
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

ATAW3D would DEFINITELY at least tie for "most proud" from Thomas. Despite all the great quality works he has released in the six years since, it is arguably still his signature release!

Also it looks really cool (and bizarre) at the same time, but what exactly did Dark_wizzie do to get that picture? I honestly can't figure it out myself, all I know is it's weird in a funny way! Very Happy
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Hard to say, because I dont have special works. I have only 2 mapsets (Valts Sods Project and Escape from Steinberg Castle), some maps and Operation Alien 2 lvl demo (which is still alive), but I think Escape from Steinberg Castle was done well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:27 pm