Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set

WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set Empty SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set

Post by WolfForever Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Thomas released almost all of his most recent mods in SDL, yet these two stand back and don't make that giant leap.

I'm wondering if SDL exe's could be provided for these so all of Thomas' recent work is SDL-compatible, or if these aforementioned sets will work with any (unmodded) Wolf4SDL exe file (and if so where I can get one).

Thanks.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set Empty Re: SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set

Post by Thomas Wed May 09, 2012 2:07 pm

NOTE! That "Eisenfaust Overdrive" along with "Escapism" make up for episodes 1 and 2 in the map set, in edited form. I've no idea why I just released those two things. I've been pooping things out way too quick lately.

... So all you have to do to play through this is simply to extract the mapping files (which are the only ones provided) from my map set into your SDL Wolf folder. Worked for me, probably worked for everybody else too.

(BTW, why is this in 'Polls and Ratings'?)
    WolfForever

SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set Empty Re: SDL for "Eisenfaust Overdrive" and 20th anniversary set

Post by WolfForever Wed May 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Oops! I was looking in Polls/Ratings and just forgot to switch back to Addons, Mods, etc. Sorry about that!

Re Eisenfaust Overdrive, Escapism is a shareware mapset, so I would think that since Overdrive replaces Episode 2, the SDL EXE with Escapism won't let me go to that episode, right?

Also will any EXE work for the 20th anniversary set? I know there was no SDL 20 years ago, but that's no excuse to have to use Dos! Above all, I'd appreciate a link to where I can actually download an unmodded Wolf4SDL.exe file.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Wow-wow-wow... Listen, I make mods only in SDL, have done so since 'NovoWolf' - GAMEMAPS and MAPHEAD are the only files provided, no need to use the old EXE. Just extract these into your Wolf SDL folder.

You get EVERYTHING in the new map set - ignore 'Escapism' and 'Eisenfaust Overdrive'. They are the same, only bettered a little and customized to actually fit the original flow.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Wed May 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Okay I'm confused. Is what you're trying to say that Eps 1 and 2 in the 20th anniversary set ARE Escapism and Overdrive (with just minor edits)?

If that's all true, then the only problem is I don't have a Wolf4SDL folder. I can't use the EXE from NovoWolf since that mod has code changes and I need an EXE with no code changes. So what I'm asking is where can I get a fresh Wolf4SDL.exe that does NOT have any code changes, and will SDL run the 20th anniversary set (since I heard just earlier today it won't run Desperate Measures, so I'm not just assuming that SDL will run anything that it isn't specifically provided with).
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Wed May 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Okay, I think I found it. Is this a proper page to get a Wolf4SDL.exe file from?:

http://www.alice-dsl.net/mkroll/downloads.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:50 pm