Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!!

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!! Empty THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!!

Post by WolferCooker Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 pm

The Obama Administration has stormed the Megaupload offices and retrieved their files! Anyone here who has used Megaupload for downloading/uploading copyright infringement material of ANY FORM (not sure if Wolf3d TCs are a part of that), they'll be coming for you and extradite you (people here who live overseas) to be in prison.

The U.S. Government now has info on you! NO JOKE!!!! Rapidshare and others are most likely next!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G2f828bbFUAAAAAAAAAA
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!! Empty Re: THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!!

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

LOL! XD Let's not overreact. Megaupload was 4% of the total internet, which means MILLIONS of people used it. Do you really think they will extradite all those people? They'd be fucking nuts if they ever think about doing that and they don't have the time, space or money to do that anyway. They took down ONE site, if you think that is going to lead to 25% of the internet users getting arrested you seriously need a reality check.

Now I'm not saying that downloading is stealing, because it basically is. But the SOPA/PIPA bills exist because the large companies don't want to adapt. Since 1998 they have tried to pass these kinds of bills and failed everytime, and they will keep on failing untill they finally realize the internet is supposed to be free of censoring.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!! MMCS0206
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!! Empty Re: THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!!

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Also, the guy is a toy reviewer so I trust him completely on this.

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Do you really think they will extradite all those people?

The Federal Government has done all sorts of crazy things already, so yes I believe it.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Well, you shouldn't because it's not very realistic. Wink If they do stuff like that it would rally the people against them, and believe it that there would be a lot of people and other countries that won't let this happen.

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Will you freak out if this all actually comes true?
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Sure, as any normal person who is arrested for bullshit should be. But it won't happen, and if you come to your senses and think about it you will realize too. I have stated my reasons in my first post, I suggest you read it again. May I also remind that yesterday you were 100% sure that the SOPA bill would pass?

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Touche. But it certainly looked like it at the time. LOL!

Yeah I freak out over this ****, but I'm giving everyone here a heads up.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

The only way you're going to be in trouble is if you're either one of the founders of such a site like Megaupload and making serious money out of uploading this stuff or if you're a member of Anonymous. I don't remember there being millions of arrests after Napster.

ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 pm

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_306_23-popular-websites-10-years-from-now/

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Only way to get in trouble? Look at that kid from the UK. He's getting extradited to the U.S. to face copyright infringement charges just for LINKING to a site that has copyrighted material. Luckily some billionaire has join forces with the kid against this hypocrisy by getting him the best lawyers in the U.S. to represent him and paying for all the expenses. Guilty or not, this is cruel and unusual punishment.

I bet you this will reach the U.S. Supreme Court, but the kid might ultimately lose in the end because the justices themselves have stated that "Corporations are people too". While this is in terms of political money and having unlimited funds in SuperPACS during elections (which is stupid to me, but let's not talk politics), you just watch that this quote will be twisted around to make the corporations (media and movie) innocent and immune from the law when there are tons of evidence out there that THEY are the ones that started all this in the first place. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bribe the justices (as useless as they are)

It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court thinks anymore. It's all about who has the money. The one with the most money wins. There are no rules. Even with a billonaire on the British kid's side, they still don't have the slightest chance. The corporations and the government are the real judges, juries, and executioners. The people sitting in those seats are just figureheads.

And you wanna know why none of this has hit the MSM? It's because the RIAA and the movie industry are paying off the media to keep it all hush hush. Election year isn't helping either. I'm sure all this can make the greatest influence in the polls, but it's sad people in this country are too dumb to know that this is history in the making and it's on the wrong side until THEY can make a difference. Maybe they really want their liberties stripped away from them. The U.S. isn't a democracy anymore, it's plutocratic. Democracy is also just a figurehead to make us believe we are free from control. In reality, we're pawns.

Scarface's quote cannot be anymore true than it is today: When you get the money, you get the power.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 am

They won't arrest millions when shutting down downloading sites is enough, you really think those corporations will get millions of potential clients arrested and create a lot of bad will towards them? The kid is probably used as an example to scare people. And money does grant you power, but at the end it's the people that hold all the power. I guess if you'd want to make a point you could do something like this to show the corporations who have the power:

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US!!! Tumblr_ly2wbnqPdR1qibs8xo1_500

ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 am

http://dashes.com/anil/2012/01/the-history-and-future-of-web-protest.html
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120120/14472117492/mpaa-directly-publicly-threatens-politicians-who-arent-corrupt-enough-to-stay-bought.shtml

Now please come to your senses and stop inciting panic. Try to think rational. Wink

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 am

I want to say that what you say is true, but I'm being censored. Wink

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm sorry for inciting panic, but I thought this would motivate us all to do something to stop all this from ever happening. I'm not going down without a fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content