Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL

Poll

What's your opinion of the mod?

[ 1 ]
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_left14%Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_left14%Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_left29%Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_left29%Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 7
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Empty Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I generally like mods that are WW2 based just like the original best, but this one won a Dome award (Oct 2009, I think). But I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it, if it's really worth playing or not (I haven't seen that many thread about it here or on other sites either).

(BTW I love polling for opinions anyways, but please let me know if it's not appropriate on these forums. I might poll to simply to help me decide whether to play an addon or not otherwise.)
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL Empty Re: Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition SDL

Post by Dean Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I voted average.

I find all the Hotel Romanstein mods to be a bit dull personally. The graphics have been done well but the mapping is extremely repetitive and predictable. I also find some of the graphics and things just don't match with some of the walls and sounds either. The half dressed women don't bother me in the game either, it's just part of the creators expressions I feel. I would prefer these to have a storyline but they are just level after level of the same thing.

I've only completed one of Mr Choi's mods fully, i can't remember which one. I play a few levels of each one when they come out to see if there's anything different in each of them but they don't seem to change much.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Dean wrote:I voted average.

I find all the Hotel Romanstein mods to be a bit dull personally. The graphics have been done well but the mapping is extremely repetitive and predictable. I also find some of the graphics and things just don't match with some of the walls and sounds either. The half dressed women don't bother me in the game either, it's just part of the creators expressions I feel. I would prefer these to have a storyline but they are just level after level of the same thing.

I've only completed one of Mr Choi's mods fully, i can't remember which one. I play a few levels of each one when they come out to see if there's anything different in each of them but they don't seem to change much.

That's appreciated, me and you seem to share a lot of opinions. If it's just average I probably won't play it, at least for now. I was leaning that way already anyways. That's exactly the type of commentary/information I post these polls for. Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:25 am

I like fun mods, in the vein of Chris Chokan, Michael Collin and Ringman, to a certain extend... But this one is just bad. Extremely tasteless, badly set up and all. The maps aren't even fun, and the graphics are gross. Sorry, I never, ever liked this one or the eight or eleven offsprings that came with it. Evil or Very Mad
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 am

Thomas wrote:I like fun mods, in the vein of Chris Chokan, Michael Collin and Ringman, to a certain extend... But this one is just bad. Extremely tasteless, badly set up and all. The maps aren't even fun, and the graphics are gross. Sorry, I never, ever liked this one or the eight or eleven offsprings that came with it. Evil or Very Mad

What "offsprings" are you talking about? I'd assume something like Crash Bandicot, or is that not what you're referring to?

Anyways thanks for sharing the warning that this set isn't what the Dome made it out to be. Not to say that Schabbs doesn't have right to his own opinion though; to each their own.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 am

I'm talking about the many "Romanstein"-add ons that were made. Wasn't he up to seven or eight?

Yeah, Brian is really one for the mods. He fixed up some maps in "Abandon" that didn't work without telling me - which I am very grateful for to this day! Added the odd stove here and there. That's Brian for you. Smile
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by Tenamk Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:53 am

Not average, not poor, simply awful

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I find it weird that there are random half clothed women running around in a Nazi Base. Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm

There's actually been 10 now;

Hotel Romanstein
    Hotel Romanstein 2: Christmas Party
    Hotel Romanstein 3: Dissolution of Romance Nazi
    Hotel Romanstein 4: Manga Quest
    Hotel Romanstein 5: Return to Hotel Romanstein
    Hotel Romanstein 6: Last Christmas
    Hotel Romanstein 7
    Hotel Romanstein 8
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition (SDL)
    Hotel Romanstein Gold Edition 2 (SDL)

From memory Brian wouldn't post half of them unless Mr Choi (AKA Wadman) the creator reduced the amount of nudity. I think it was more the pictures on the walls than the half naked guards from memory.

EDIT: Corrected spelling

Last edited by Dean on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by Tenamk Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 am

Dean wrote:Hotel Tomanstein 2: Christmas Party
    Hmm... I didn't know that there was a mod called Hotel Tomanstein Very Happy Just kidding

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am