Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released Empty Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released

Post by Schabbs Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released Rompics2
    More Screenshots

Here's an SDL version of 'Revival Of Memories'. It was converted to SDL by MCS Amsterdam. There are 39 seamless levels, including 2 secret levels. Many of the graphics and sounds have been modified and come from various sources. However, the Wolf 3D feel remains. Coding features include exploding barrels, directional sprites, intrart, switch operated doors, a rocket launcher, and a shotgun with separate ammo. Made by Brian E. Lowe. My thanks go to those who earlier helped with the graphics/sounds and to MCS Amsterdam for the coding help. Also to Wolf Skevos-Jones for use of the Heer guards. Available here. Now Vista/Windows 7-compatible.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released Empty Re: Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released

Post by Per-Scan Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Very glad to see this get a SDL release. Well done guys. Smile

EDIT: Sadly, it crashes for me. I boot it up, set my controls and mouse sensitivity, start a game, choose difficulty, escape the preamble and then it crashes back to the desktop. I have Windows XP SP3.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released Empty Re: Revival Of Memories SDL Version Released

Post by Schabbs Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Per-Scan wrote:Very glad to see this get a SDL release. Well done guys. Smile

EDIT: Sadly, it crashes for me. I boot it up, set my controls and mouse sensitivity, start a game, choose difficulty, escape the preamble and then it crashes back to the desktop. I have Windows XP SP3.

I have Windows XP SP3 too and it works fine for me. I tried it again with a copy downloaded from the server and it was still fine.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

I found a bug. When you play fullscreen and pick up ammo, part of the status bar appears for a split second. The ammo count part to be specific.

Last edited by WolferCooker on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:21 pm

WolferCooker wrote:I found a bug. When you play fullscreen and pick up ammo, part of the status bar appears for a split second. The ammo count part to be specific.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't play fullscreen before but I just tried it and got the same bug.

I'll ask MCS Amsterdam if he can fix it and also let him know about the other bug reported by Per-Scan.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 am

It seems to load up and play fine now. I'm not sure what happened. I tried about 10 times trying different convolutions of the above mentioned steps and it crashed every time. Then, for no reason I can see (I didn't reboot or anything), it just worked. It's been fine ever since... curious. Smile
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D

Post by Tenamk Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:24 am

Yes! Finally!
    EDIT: Runs really smooth for me.

Last edited by Tenamk on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Experience)

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:22 am

Of course it runs smooth. There are still a few bugs that need to be fixed
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm

WolferCooker wrote:I found a bug. When you play fullscreen and pick up ammo, part of the status bar appears for a split second. The ammo count part to be specific.

MCS Amsterdam has fixed this bug. I've uploaded the new version.

Available here.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Hmm. The game crashed for me the first time I tried playing it...

I will try again...

EDIT: After my second attempt the game loaded fine. However, on level 3 I died and when I reloaded my save game all the sound is warped/garbled now. I know my WUB would do that occasionally and simply exiting out of the game and then starting it up again and reloading my saved game fixed the warped sound fx problems. However, when I reload my ROM save game the sound fx are still warped for some reason...

So far so good though Brian!

http://jayngoware.com/
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Another player said about distorted sound effects on level 14 of ROM, so perhaps there is a bug that affects playing on some computers. Please let me know if the problem continues as I can ask MCS Amsterdam if he can check it out.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:54 pm