Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Installing the Borland 3.1 C++ compiler

Asa
    Asa
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 191
    Hobbie : Wolfenstein 3D, Final Fantasy and Sokoban
    Registration date : 2010-08-03

Installing the Borland 3.1 C++ compiler Empty Installing the Borland 3.1 C++ compiler

Post by Asa Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 pm

OK. I finally found and downloaded Borland C++ v3.1. It is not an installer, but just a zip archive. The installation instructions are written for using DOS or Windows 3.1.

Can someone tell me how to install it on my Windows XP Pro laptop computer? I am not familiar with the old compilers.

I do have Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, but that has an installer. Is it possible to get the original source to compile correctly using VC++? Not that I am any better with that. My knowledge of PC programming is not great.

Thanks.

More info. Trying to install by double-clicking the Setup.exe and Install.exe files both result in a error: The parameter is incorrect.

The documentation states that this implementation includes something called ProtoGen. It reads like a windows interface for the compiler. A Windows 3.1 interface. I really need help to get this thing installed.

I had previously downloaded a file called bc31.zip from the Wolfenstein Dome (I believe). The archive contains one file, an installer named BC31WOLF.EXE. When I run that, it gets 99% done with extracting the files it needs to use for the install and just hangs. I was hoping this new copy would at least be installable. I hope someone can help me with this. I really want to try my hand at compiling the wolf src code.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Installing the Borland 3.1 C++ compiler Empty PC Technical Support Forum

Post by stathmk Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:26 pm

I don’t know how to answer your technical question.

I’ve heard that at http://forum.aumha.org that they answer PC questions really, really well. Just read the stickies on the forums and be careful which category you put your question in. They’re really particular about that.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm