Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies.

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies. Empty A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies.

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 am

The Wolf3d for Dummies is a guide that I hope would include all the information a newbie needs to learn to start mapping. It includes how to map, common mistakes, and over 50 tips. A version has been released a day or two ago. It is posted on the Dome.

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies. Empty Re: A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies.

Post by Dean Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:19 pm

I had a read through and It's not too bad. It's quite 'simple' in places (don't take offence) but I think it needs to be. It's more an instructional on how to start mapping than anything else.

I think there is still a lot more than can go in there that hasn't been included but it is fairly comprehensive on the basics.

it's a good piece of work, well done. More pictures i thing would have helped the brand new person just starting out.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies. Empty Re: A Guide to Mapping Wolf3d Levels for Dummies.

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Thank you very much, Dean. The version you read is now old, as I have now finally finished the final version of the guide. It now has a lot of images. (Oh and 50 tips to make your wolf3d level non-crappy.)

Ok, does anyone have any more suggestions after reading through this newer version of the guide?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am

Ok, as an update, I am going to include mapping tips from Ack. (And maybe some other people who want to contribute?) I am editing the way the document is made, with page breaks, so that the pages will show correctly, with correct spacing. I've edited the font used, and how the title of each category looks. I will include new info on WDC, now that I am used to it. I will hopefully have Havoc's editor in the next version as well. The new version of the guide will hopefully be released in doc, docx, pdf, and finally CHM. That is my hope, anyways. I will also print out my guide and take a good look at it, to see if I can reword sentences reorder the order the Wolf3d Tips are placed. (Some of them are a bit random in their order.) This is my to-do list for Wolf3d for Dummies.

Once again...
    ALL SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS ARE WANTED.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by Tenamk Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am

Good to see you're putting a real effort in a really handy guide for newbies like me Very Happy

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:05 pm